IGNORED

Engineered stone ban

null

10 minutes ago, Gumbette said:

No, because in my case no I didn't need to, the installer machine cuts everything.  It was the reason we went with him even though he was stupidly expensive.  So thanks for the judgement, but perhaps when you read over my previous posts you should have picked up on that too instead of just focusing on the fact that yes, I did go with stone. 

I'm not trying to be judgemental.

You are annoyed that they didn't change anything. But operationally what was their motivation? People were still buying the product. 

Don't be annoyed at them for not changing the product. 

• Like 2

purplekitty
On 30/6/2024 at 4:10 PM, Gumbette said:

Then why on earth didn’t they do that 20 years ago? 

Profit.

No incentive to change.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

• 2 months later...
Yogaalaates

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-09-18/engineered-stone-banned-january-2025-renovations-benchtops/104362938

In short:

Imports of fake stone will be banned from January 1 next year.

The product is often used in benchtops but can cause a deadly lung disease.

What's next?

Tradies will now also be required to comply with new workplace health and safety rules for the handling of all materials containing at least 1 per cent crystalline silica, which can include products such as sandstone and bricks.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Kiwi Bicycle

I am glad there's a kick up the bum for PPE use for tradies. This feeling of invincibility must stop. Wear the damn stuff. It's not expensive ( or youe employer should provide it) , takes less than a minute to put on, there's heaps of different makes and models so you can find something comfortable to wear and some PPE * gasp* is actually stylish ( Bolle safety eyewear anyone).

• Like 3
  • 100 2

Advertisement