IGNORED

NSW General Discussion thread

JustBeige

As per our Announcement, we are going to be closing the Covid state threads for now and having just a general chat thread for each state.  If anyone regional wants a specific region one - ie: Newcastle, please feel free to start one.

So this is your new NSW General Discussion Thread. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mrs Zee said:

Silver!

How long until your holiday @Iamferalz?

Just over three weeks!  I won’t quite believe it until I am on the plane.  How are things with you?

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Iamferalz said:

Just over three weeks!  I won’t quite believe it until I am on the plane.  How are things with you?

How exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! 

All good here at the moment. 🤞 I'm looking forward to school holidays simply because it will mean things slow down again. 🤣 

• Like 1

Julie3Girls
21 minutes ago, Mrs Zee said:

How exciting and nerve wracking at the same time! 

All good here at the moment. 🤞 I'm looking forward to school holidays simply because it will mean things slow down again. 🤣 

This is me .. school holidays will be a much needed break for dd15. She has been involved in so much at school - drama theatresports, star struck, multiple dance ensembles practicing for Hunter school dance festival, and for the local schools showcase (our highschool and the 4 feeder primary school, performances over several nights).  So many early starts at school for rehearsals, and late night pickups. Star struck finishes up this coming weekend, with 4 performances over the weekend, and she is there all Wed and Thurs for rehearsals. Oh, and throw in work experience amongst it all … 

just really really looking forward to two week of almost nothing (there is one full day showcase rehearsal scheduled during the holidays). A much needed break before back into it at the start of term 3 with dance festival week 2 and showcase week 3.  

• Like 1

I love Newtown @Not Escapin Xmas.

Hey soooooo DH had symptoms yesterday, negative but has woken up this morning with a positive RAT. No one else has symptoms - should I send DD to school (if she’s negative?) DD is supposed to have swimming and a birthday party tomorrow - should I cancel? She’s also supposed to have a sleepover tonight! Any advice?

• Like 1
  • Care 1
  • Crying 1

Not Escapin Xmas
1 minute ago, Wolf87 said:

Hey soooooo DH had symptoms yesterday, negative but has woken up this morning with a positive RAT. No one else has symptoms - should I send DD to school (if she’s negative?) DD is supposed to have swimming and a birthday party tomorrow - should I cancel? She’s also supposed to have a sleepover tonight! Any advice?

Ah crap. Have the rest of you had Covid yet? If not, I’d probably down tools for a few days and see if anyone else gets sick. So no swimming/bday/sleepover. On the other hand, if she’s already had covid, then I’d just let her go on as normal. That’s my 2 cents worth anyways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We were all sick at Easter, but I was the only one who actually tested positive. But I had assumed we all had it? We are all fully vaccinated, except the baby. Ughhhh

Not Escapin Xmas

I think in that case I’d just go ahead with normal life, but keep a close eye on the kids and maybe do a RAT each day.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear it’s back in your household @Wolf87

When DH tested positive in May, DD was able to attend school on the basis of daily negative RATS. But tbh I think that was a fool’s errand. We all tested positive about 5 days apart, like dominoes. 

The problem is you are weighing up how much school they miss if they iso before they’re positive.

Negative daily RAT and a mask is probably the best compromise. At this point there is no corner on earth where you couldn’t catch covid, so I doubt staying away before you test positive would make much difference to the risk profile of others.

I would can the social events though. For one thing, they’re not really practical for masks.

Take care x

• Care 1

Well DD has a positive RAT anyway, so dilemma over I guess! 🙈 thanks for the advice. Can’t believe it’s in the house again 2 months later!!!!

• Care 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wolf87 said:

Yep i would send her if she's negative. As for sleepover etc, not sure, talk to the parents and see what they say

edit - just saw your update, problem solved. hope you're all feeling ok

Edited by lozoodle
  • Like 1

MintyBiscuit

Ah that sucks @Wolf87, hope it’s mild for both of them. 

I had a PCR yesterday and the local one is now testing for flu and RSV as well which is handy. Negative for all so I have some mystery virus instead, unsurprisingly given how many teachers and students have been off sick recently. 

@Iamferalz it’s quite heartening isn’t it? Between the two premiers working together and the new federal government, I actually have a little bit of hope that we might be slowly moving away from the deeply partisan politics of the last couple of decades. It’s a weird feeling 

• Like 5

I was going to take the wee man for a PCR, can you get a PCR these days or do you need a reason?

Hope you’re ok Minty, is the whole house sick? 

MintyBiscuit

Just me @Wolf87, kids were sick for a day or two last week and DH had one evening feeling a bit dodgy, but I always tend to cop the worst of these things in our household. Hopefully the PCR is smooth for your little one, what shitty luck that it’s hit you twice so quickly 

• Like 2

It’s definitely everywhere. We were just sick with some not Covid thing a couple of weeks ago! At least we’re not that sick yet (touch wood)

Hope you have a quick recovery Minty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Not Escapin Xmas said:

Nothing much to report from sunny (but COLD!) Newtown. TGIF is all I can say.

I was supposed to be in Newtown this evening with some friends, but have chosen to play soccer in Epping instead. Used to work in Newtown and loved it in my young and single days, but now I find it too busy and cramped. I've become suburbanised.

• Haha 1

Dadwasathome
4 hours ago, LifesGood said:

I was supposed to be in Newtown this evening with some friends, but have chosen to play soccer in Epping instead. Used to work in Newtown and loved it in my young and single days, but now I find it too busy and cramped. I've become suburbanised.

I pretend about Newtown ( where I did live for a few years and return for haircuts). But I’ve lived 3 suburbs away for over a quarter of a century.

Was chatting with a friend at our newish small bar earlier, and apparently Albo’s election night gathering was a bit of a Covid event

• Like 1
  • Surprised 2

I'm so sorry to hear of the positives in your house again @Wolf87 how shitty when you just had it there not that long ago. I hope everyone stays as well as possible. Did you see the progress on the vaccine for under 5's in the US? I am hopeful that means it won't be too much longer (dreaming, I know) before it's approved here. 🤞

• Fingers Crossed 2
  • Thanks 1

I love having a walk up King Street, I love that Eastern Flair shop. And Blue dog posters! I’ve spent a lot of time there. 
10 weeks @Mrs Zee! 10 weeks since I tested positive. And typical - I got a little casual job in a local shop and they rang me today to ask if I could come in next Thursday - I had to say I could only work if I had a neg result as if I’m positive I won’t be out of ISO until Friday 🥲 not really a good look for the first shift attempt. I saw an article about the under 5s, it’ll be great to have it available. I reckon the uptake will be terrible though! 

• Fingers Crossed 1

Advertisement