IGNORED

Math rules (more highschool age)

Seayork2002

Trying to help ds with his year 8 maths is a bit trying (to put it nicely)

What I think may help is if I can print the math rules

Eg today's was an find a tapeziums area now there was examples and a rule to follow

This is great for now but next week when he is on to some thing else and has test coming up he won't remember.

I have plenty of ways to help him ie the teacher on zoom/teams, wootube, Kahn acedmy, his online textbook, worksheets to print 

I just want the math rules only though that I can print or buy in a book NOT a whole textbook but rules put simply

Do you mean formulas? Like to find the area of a trampezium is A=1/2 h(a+b) ? That sort of math rules stuff?

I'm sure they have booklets of formulas somewhere.

My son (yr 7), has a running document on his computer that is formulas as a cheat sheet to refer back to later (I started it for him so he got the concept).

This book might be of use: https://www.booktopia.com.au/everything-you-need-to-ace-maths-in-one-big-fat-notebook-workman-publishing/book/9780761196884.html

We have the  chemistry and biology one and they are brilliant for study purposes.

My girls had a maths dictionary, think that was in late primary. It was a book the school included in their book packs in yr5. Had a lot of good basic stuff, like areas and volume etc. 

The high school is good on the kids doing summary sheets. They encourage the kids to keep them up to date, and before each exam, they have to produce a summary sheet (one page, either double or single sided), that they either hand in, or can actually take into the exam, and is worth a small amount of marks.  It’s easy marks for the exam, and a great way to get the kids to study.

Creating your own, writing it down, it is an excellent way to commit to memory.

But I’m sure there would be books out there - you can get study guides for pretty much any subject/grade.

Advertisement