IGNORED

Brittany Higgins

Kallie

dianalynch
2 minutes ago, Crombek said:

Well yeah, I mean my parents vote Liberal & always have & I quite like them too. They're still anti union & environment though. Certainly not from money though 😂

2 minutes ago, Crombek said:

Well yeah, I mean my parents vote Liberal & always have & I quite like them too. They're still anti union & environment though. Certainly not from money though 😂

Katie Allen is probably more keen on climate change policy and associated renewables / energy than the current overall Labor position, Dave Sharma too come to think of it. I know stereotypes are convenient but really I found all the liberal voting /member stereotypes in this thread very odd, considering it’s a thread in support of an ex liberal staffer. 

for the record, I’m a card carrying member of the Labor party. 

• Like 3

I'm not a liberal voter at all but I appreciate that it's members are able to cross the floor and respect when members do cross the floor like with the religious discrimination Bill. 

I don't know how LR's legal rep sleeps at night. I mean he probably sleeps very well knowing how much money he's getting but far out, the quotes are.... a lot. 

• Like 5
  • Angry 2

Brittany Higgins has been called arrogant for suggesting she was the person most affected by her rape allegation.

link

There really are no words...

• Angry 6

14 hours ago, dianalynch said:

There are ‘mainland’ liberals I like too. Katie Allen is one, hard working. She was genuinely interested in her community. Very responsive and helpful. 

My mum is a lifelong Liberal voter, as mentioned earlier more about financial matters, unions etc. I disagree completely with her political views and do not bring it up with her, but she's more progressive on lots of matters too. She would never have tried to talk up Scummo though, so she switched to just saying how good her local member Katie Allen was 😅 Just hates Labor (my dad was a Labor voter). 

• Like 1

MerryMadigralMadge

Katie Allen was my local member, and I was door knocked by her last weekend, running for Higgins again, if the AEC doesn't cancel the seat. The way I bit my tongue and just took her awful pamphlets..... 

I did not think highly of her at all - I was fine with Kelly O'Dwyer (never voted Liberal, but she was a good local member), but Katie Allen was just useless - talked like a moderate, completely not or spineless, and just not engaging at the various times I had to met her. 

dianalynch

@MerryMadigralMadge I had cause to contact Katie Allen and her office a few times when she was the member, I found her to be responsive and she would personally engage on the issues as well. Particularly through the pandemic. Funny how we can all have such a different experience of the same person. 

I found Kelly O’Dwyer to be the same as your experience, she and her office were always helpful. 

But yes looks like we will be folded in to neighbouring electorates for the upcoming federal election, where I live is proposed to be included in Hotham. 

The fawning in some of those messages :sick: I'd previously assumed he was a rapist or at best a misogynist... but perhaps its either ego or hormones.

Advertisement