IGNORED

Brittany Higgins

Kallie

[mention]MoukMouk[/mention] truly vile is exactly what that article is. It made me feel ill. Especially considering the two other women coming forward, that’s a pattern of behaviour, not an accidental drunken tryst.

So much wrong with that article, too many to mention.

If that is the “textbook” response then maybe they need a new one

It’s textbook rape, textbook excuses, textbook victim blaming, that’s what it is.

Not just the Murdoch press. Amanda Vanstone was truly vile in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning

https://www.smh.com.au/national/linda-reynolds-doesn-t-deserve-criticism-her-response-to-higgins-rape-claim-was-textbook-20210221-p574dd.html

Victim blaming because she drunk too much, and "what do you expect putting young people together".

The raging hormones defence makes ad appearance.

Next we'll be hearing about 'blue balls'.

One of the trickiest aspects of rape cases is the question of consent. Understandably defence lawyers focus on that issue. Lawyers who have acted for both the prosecution and defence will assure you of something you already know: when two people go out and drink too much, the mental capacity of both can be impaired but the hormones can be raging. Just as Prime Minister Scott Morrison reflects on “what if this was one of my daughters”, so many mothers are reflecting on “what if this was my son”. They would be thinking, “I hope someone listens to his side of the story”.

so many mothers are reflecting on “what if this was my son”. They would be thinking, “I hope someone listens to his side of the story”.[/i]

I'd be thinking, I hope they throw the book at him so he never thinks he can do something like that again. And, how the fuck did he grow up to think he could in the first place. Sure I'd hear his side, but I'm not going to pretend the statistics aren't incredibly unlikely that it's a false allegation and believe him just because he's my child either.

If that was my son I'd wonder where the fuck I went wrong.

I don't think that's fair to his parents.. are people responsible for the actions of their children well into adulthood?

A third woman has come forward accusing the same man of raping her

I wonder how many more there’s going to be? Potentially this alleged rapist has been in Canberra for a while, so this could go back decades.

Yes, fired because of a “security breach”?? BS to that, they fired him cause they knew what had happened and it wasn’t the first time.

No, I genuinely believe they fired him for the security breach. They would see that as the major issue, not rape.

If they genuinely believed it was just a security breach- and they had the CCTV etc- then why wasn’t she fired too?

The reports from all three accusers sound very similar and very much like some kind of additional substance was in the drink.

They were talking about this on 774 this morning; apparently it was handled as a political issue and tried to be kept hidden lest it interfere with the election.

Sad thing is, this probably won’t even affect the Liberal voter base, and will probably not affect any election in the future. As our own PM has shown, this is a womans issue, so it mustn’t be important, nothing to do with the job at hand. (Sarcasm font)

And Murdoch press will bury it quickly or they will continue the victim blaming until poor Ms Higgins is the one in the wrong, not the perpetrator.

Not just the Murdoch press. Amanda Vanstone was truly vile in the Sydney Morning Herald this morning

https://www.smh.com.au/national/linda-reynolds-doesn-t-deserve-criticism-her-response-to-higgins-rape-claim-was-textbook-20210221-p574dd.html

Victim blaming because she drunk too much, and "what do you expect putting young people together".

Ugh... Amanda Vanstone... every one of her columns is complete crap, I hate that SMH gives her a platform.

A fourth woman has just accused the ex Liberal staffer of sexual assault

OMG! They totally would have known about him, “security breach” was just an excuse to get rid of a potential political liability. Those poor women.

This man, whoever he is, what an evil bastard.

Um no Amanda vanstone, brittany decided not to pursue the rape claim when a federal police officer advised against it as it would be difficult to proove without the CCTV footage that the PMO was refusing to hand over.

We'll probably get a new Andrew bolt 'article' soon "why won't anyone think of the poor rapists" 🙄

He's already published some garbage about "we don’t hear much about her own responsibility to go to the police" :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

We'll probably get a new Andrew bolt 'article' soon "why won't anyone think of the poor rapists" 🙄

He's already published some garbage about "we don’t hear much about her own responsibility to go to the police" :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

So glad I am unable to read it. The herald sun will never get my money.

She did! She tried.

Parliament house has its own force. She faught hard to take it out of the 'bubble' and then was told she couldn't have the CCTV footage, convenient...

Scotty is like Teflon!! Nothing sticks and his rating just keeps going up for fuck knows why... what kind of dumbarse do you have to be to think this bloke has done any kind of decent job.

Advertisement