IGNORED

I could use some encouragement

ClaudiaCosette

ClaudiaCosette

If anyone has any thoughts to share I would really appreciate it, thank you!

Edited by TeaCat
Privacy

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ClaudiaCosette

• Lees75

• Lukes mummi

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like you are having a tough time. It’s good to see you have started counselling.

God has got you, no matter where you are at. He is the perfect parent and has your back. He doesn’t require you to be putting pressure on yourself to go to church, read your Bible, watch the online service. He just wants you to stay connected with Him,, however you can. Maybe start small, with what you can manage currently. A few ideas:

- do you like music? Maybe connect with God via listening to some Christian songs each day

- could you listen to an audio Bible sometimes?

- watch the service online and not worried if you get distracted. During COVID when we were only online, I frequently tidied the kitchen while the service was online, or went on Facebook, etc. But, despite the distractions, having the service on still helped me feel connected to everyone.

- is there someone at church, other than your husband, who you can chat to?

- could you try going to church one week and DH stay home with the kids?or could someone else babysit them for you?

Guilt is a killer and not from God. Maybe talk to your counsellor about setting some tiny faith steps that are achievable for you.

I’m always happy to listen. X

Edited by Lees75

How about listening to a Christian radio station? I know a few mins who do long drives, and consider listening to the radio their “ church” for the week

ClaudiaCosette

How about listening to a Christian radio station? I know a few mins who do long drives, and consider listening to the radio their “ church” for the week

Thank you, good suggestion. We have our local Christian "family" radio station on in the car, and I do enjoy it. Maybe if I am home on a Sunday without the family (if they go to church without me) I should remember to put it on and listen. It tends to be more focused on a Sunday (during the week when I usually listen in the car it's more music than talk).

ClaudiaCosette

Sounds like you are having a tough time. It’s good to see you have started counselling.

God has got you, no matter where you are at. He is the perfect parent and has your back. He doesn’t require you to be putting pressure on yourself to go to church, read your Bible, watch the online service. He just wants you to stay connected with Him,, however you can. Maybe start small, with what you can manage currently. A few ideas:

- do you like music? Maybe connect with God via listening to some Christian songs each day

- could you listen to an audio Bible sometimes?

- watch the service online and not worried if you get distracted. During COVID when we were only online, I frequently tidied the kitchen while the service was online, or went on Facebook, etc. But, despite the distractions, having the service on still helped me feel connected to everyone.

- is there someone at church, other than your husband, who you can chat to?

- could you try going to church one week and DH stay home with the kids?or could someone else babysit them for you?

Guilt is a killer and not from God. Maybe talk to your counsellor about setting some tiny faith steps that are achievable for you.

I’m always happy to listen. X

Thank you, this literally brought tears to my eyes.

ClaudiaCosette

[mention]Lees75[/mention] I meant to reply earlier in greater detail to your post but I got interrupted. You said just what I needed to hear. I especially like "God has got you". And your practical advice is very helpful.

Edited by TeaCat
Privacy

Advertisement