IGNORED

Where to eat in City of Melbourne

Cstar

I am going to see a show this Sunday at the atheneum in the city with 2 friends. We want to go grab something to eat before hand, any suggestions. I rarely go into the city these days so have no idea.

Something quick and easy and not too expensive would be great.

Thanks 

Just now, Lorem ipsum said:

Bodega underground?

Mmmm i went there a few months ago for bday wasn't that big a fan.

Thanks for the suggestion though x 

4 minutes ago, blackcat20 said:

We went to Bossley last night before a show and the food was really good. $79 for three courses and a drink.

Let me check it out thanks 

• Like 1

I went to SPQR Pizzeria on Friday night before a show. The woodfired pizza was delicious! It was a bit dark and the staff weren't massively friendly, but the food was delish. 

Edited by Andi
  • Like 2
RynandStompy

If you like Sushi Train - one of the most fresh and delicious is Sakura Kaiten Sushi II on Lonsdale St near Melbourne Central. 

It's not dressy though, but is great tasting.

For more substantial plates there's also The Quarter on Degraves St. I can recommend their coffee, also the Grain Salad, and the Lamb salad.  https://thequarter.com.au/menu

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, dianalynch said:

More informal- There’s the new Italian concept food thingy on Collins St. we tried to go on grand final eve but way too busy. could be fun and different, with lots of options. 

https://www.mercatocentrale.com.au

Ohhh DH was telling me about Mercato Centrale, it sounds great! Please do this @Cstar 🥰

• Like 1
little lion

I’m not a Melbournite but when we were there last, we enjoyed Le Charme which Google tells me is only 550m away. 

• Like 1
Phillipa Crawford

Tim Ho Wan in Bourke st, near Russell. From the Michellin star Hong Kong group by the same name.

Cheap. Quick Authentic Fun

• Like 1
Chocolate Addict
4 hours ago, blackcat20 said:

We went to Bossley last night before a show and the food was really good. $79 for three courses and a drink.

I looked up their menu cos we are heading to the theatre soon too.

Not a single thing on their pre show menu I would or could eat lol

• Haha 1
Gracie1978
12 hours ago, Andi said:

I went to SPQR Pizzeria on Friday night before a show. The woodfired pizza was delicious! It was a bit dark and the staff weren't massively friendly, but the food was delish. 

I feel like that is an apt description for most of the tastiest Melbourne restaurants 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Advertisement