IGNORED

Even I found this house over the top!

BECZ

7 hours ago, BoyMum2 said:

We have 3 toilets but we also only have 4 people. The third toilet (and that’s all it is) stays more or less permanently locked unless we have people staying. No way I’m cleaning excessive amounts of toilets. Then again, if I’m in a position to have 11 toilets, I don’t suspect I’m doing any cleaning at all.

So glad it’s not just me, we have 3 bathrooms and a powder room, so 4 toilets, for 4 people. It’s ridiculous. We have ‘The Forbidden Bathroom’, guests only. 

28 minutes ago, dianalynch said:

So glad it’s not just me, we have 3 bathrooms and a powder room, so 4 toilets, for 4 people. It’s ridiculous. We have ‘The Forbidden Bathroom’, guests only. 

I remember your Forbidden Bathroom, I think we have other EBers who have ‘quest only’ loos like you, very fancy!

I LOVE the laundry, can you imagine how much stain removal we could get up to together in that space. Lordy, it’s just too much joy to think about on a Sunday morning 🤣

Did you see the piano?

I really like the entertainment areas. Love the gym w mandatory stripper pole, thank you, love the disco area and the cinema & candy bar.

I’m with @thewanted3rd on the uncovered holes for the shelving in the cabinetry, that would shit me no end.

What makes the home so stark is that there’s no art work on the walls, so it doesn’t particularly look warm and inviting.

Pretty house though, that I’m sure my cleaner/s & gardener could get used to servicing 🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So white!

It reminds me of an ex-boss's house (although much bigger!). This was in London, he had this old house renovated and extended, and had this all glass wall that went over a couple of floors and the kitchen dining area was all completely white from top to bottom. He said he went with whatever the architect wanted to do, and the architect wanted all white. It looked ridiculous to me.

He had two young kids, I resisted the urge to ask him if he really thought that was maintainable! The glass to me just made me think it was going to be so uncomfortable in summer.

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

What makes the home so stark is that there’s no art work on the walls, so it doesn’t particularly look warm and inviting.

Exactly, it not look anywhere near as bad with some "styling".  There are lots of things I like

• Like 1

11 hours ago, onetrick said:

@Julie3Girls, I was more icky about the conference table looking out at the backyard in the office, not the person who lives there having the view. Without the conference table it would make perfect sense.

But I know my views are my own.

I noticed the 3 machines in the laundry as well, and thought it was excessive, but everything in that house is.

I'm assuming it's 2 washers & a dryer? I would give my first born for that set up. Actually even 3 washers. Lights, darks, towels DONE. Genius. 

I really like the house. It needs more personality sure (my kids would 'achieve' that in 3 days), and it's far bigger than realistically necessary of course but it's nice. I can dream. And then dream of the staff I'd also get to run it. Swoon. 

• Like 8

I looked at it on the real estate websites.

The location is shite.

But they still want $3million + for it.

Edited by magic_marker

22 minutes ago, Crombek said:

I'm assuming it's 2 washers & a dryer? I would give my first born for that set up. Actually even 3 washers. Lights, darks, towels DONE. Genius. 

Swoon. 

You’re talking ‘dirty laundry’ to me 🥰

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DaLittleEd said:

Did any one else notice the dry cleaning cupboard in the laundry?

@Dusty I'm looking at you here...

They want wayyyy more than $3m.

I did! I did! I did!

But I forgot to mention it in my posts 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love the formal dining space (the blue walls with white panelling along the bottom half). Love the American Oak flooring.

I’m not a fan of the bedroom level. I would prefer the staircase opens to a lounge room. And then the bedroom 6/sitting space to be the actual kids bedroom. At the moment, kids room would be next to my bedroom. No thanks, you can go down to the children’s wing. 

The cold room is just ridiculous to be honest. There doesn’t seem to be a laundry shoot? 

The bathrooms, dressing room, kitchen are too white for me. I’m okay with the floor that as American Oak flooring - I can add colour with art and accessories. The white carpet upstairs… 😬

Love the storage 🥰

Basketball court needs to be at least half court in a property that size. 

P.S Laundry has 2 washing machines, 2 dryers according to the floor plan @Dusty and @dianalynch so you can work in unison 🤣

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, UnknownUser said:

Love the storage 🥰

Basketball court needs to be at least half court in a property that size. 

P.S Laundry has 2 washing machines, 2 dryers according to the floor plan @Dusty and @dianalynch so you can work in unison 🤣

Yeah… and we’ll do it in our underwear like we’re bitches cutting and bagging co caine on Narcos 🤣

• Haha 3

I’d actually put up with a lot to get the piano, and the library. 

I do feel the kitchen/prep kitchen/cold room general area would be bad for my mental health - my cooking skills are decidedly lacking, and that amount of kitchen kind of comes with the expectation of your know … cooking? 

If I was forced to live there I’m sure I’d put up with it…but not without a team of staff to cook/clean/garden. 

Something about it feels kind of lonely though. Like if you lived with all that entertaining space you’d constantly feel like you’re not filling it with friends to entertain, but if you did fill it with people to entertain you’d kind of feel like those people are only friends with you because you’ve got a cool house. Just me? 

• Like 1

StillFreddiesMum

OK now I am laughing at the $3 million price tag.  If it was in Sydney or Melbourne there would be a zero at the end of that figure.  That's how crazy real estate prices are.  Just nuts.  

• Like 2

The photos are insanely stretched. Too much white. It screams No Children!

What's with all the urns???

But otherwise I quite like it ... even if it's way too big. But it has a candy bar to compensate!

• Like 2

I would happily live there.  And anything I did not like would be fairly easy to fix.  I would assume I had money if I was purchasing this. 

If I did have lots of millions of dollars to buy a house, I would like water views and be close to the beach, or out of suberbia with no close neighbours.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Julie3Girls said:

I do feel the kitchen/prep kitchen/cold room general area would be bad for my mental health - my cooking skills are decidedly lacking, and that amount of kitchen kind of comes with the expectation of your know … cooking? 

You definitely wouldn't be doing your own cooking with that set-up 😅

I like it. Obviously it's ridiculously way more than I need, but if I was buying that sort of house it would be well-staffed. And the white is a blank canvas to work with. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Andi said:

You definitely wouldn't be doing your own cooking with that set-up 😅

I like it. Obviously it's ridiculously way more than I need, but if I was buying that sort of house it would be well-staffed. And the white is a blank canvas to work with. 

Yeah I think the white furniture certainly adds to the whiteness.

I also love the Cold Room, don’t need it, wouldn’t use it but I still love it.

• Like 1

Advertisement