IGNORED

Even I found this house over the top!

BECZ

Ok, so it’s more like a mansion and has many features which I’d love if I was able to afford them. 
Like I’ve always loved the idea of a good sized room for each child with their own ensuite and a few other things, but this place is OTT.
I’d definitely change some things with the way which they have done the rooms. I would swap the Upstairs Living with the bedroom which is directly above the Formal Living. Therefore, everybody would have access to the only upstairs outdoor area (easily fixed).  I also find it strange how the bed in the main bedroom is so inline with the glass doors facing a communal balcony. 
I think it’s mainly the fact that it’s a brand new build (according to the video), that I question some choices.

That entire lower floor just screams ‘weird man’s dirty secret’ to me!

Anyway, not in my budget and I’m sure someone will love it. (Although I’m sure that I could put up with it if someone bought it for me)

https://harcourts.net/au/office/property-hub/listing/r2-4282847-51-hillview-parade-ashmore-qld-4214?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=cct&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=216176%2BH22241000038&fbclid=IwY2xjawF2mq9leHRuA2FlbQEwAAEdTvEyv-azCoDFTuz28kpQFZqBgiTP05abVVcCBz7CQImg_at2s8u8ViFK_aem_e9dNX08IRESfn2LGO_WQFA

I like the layout but it’s way too white and stark for me! 

I don’t really understand the “weird man’s dirty secret” comment! It’s seems like a good use of the space to me! 

• Like 4
  • 100 1

If I had the money, I'd love this. The lonely foose ball table in the 'arcade room' and office being at the rear of the property I found strange (kids couldn't play in the pool or yard with one parent while the other works?), but the rest of it I adore. 

I assume it is many, many, many times out of my budget, so it is a moot point but I love it. I'd put colour in there somehow, but I adore it. Given the craziness of downstairs I wonder if it had more personality and a REA advised to paint it all white...

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Bedroom floor I would rearrange slightly, have the living space open onto the patio, and open up the wall so when you walk up the stairs, you go into that space rather than into a hallway. Unless you are using all the rooms upstairs as bedroom. Hmm, maybe sliding doors, so you can close the space off easily if you want it flexible.

office position is fine. Make sure the windows are a bit sound proofed. If kid noise was a problem, you could always add a desk to the library and switch things up a bit.

Pool house is nice, but I’d prefer it possibly as a studio apartment/guest house setup.  ** ah, correction, I just saw the second page of the house plan, there is a guest house at the back next to the tennis courts.  Still possibly make the pool room more of a hang out room as opposed to just dining space. 

Far too white, but easy to add some colour with rugs, art on the walls.

actually love the downstairs “fun spaces”.

I would have only two requirements - I’d need someone to clean it, which I presume I would be able to afford if I had that much money.  And I’d need some friends to actually have someone to use the entertaining space. Again, assuming that would possibly come with the money LOL. Would be a seriously echo-y empty feeling place given my current family/friend social life.  Although that much space does allow for elderly parents etc, especially with the lift.

I would love this. It is too big for me and DS but it is big enough for my family to move in or visit for a while. We'd almost never see each other in a house that big. 

It needs to come with a cleaner. 

Edited by IamtheMumma
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

No thanks. Too big. No ceiling fans. 

I do like the fact that it has a pet bathing facility in the laundry.

If I lived there I’d have like 10 dogs and 20 cats just to fill the place up a bit. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Why does it have a whole ass laundromat in there? 

Also I suspect the white white white thing is because it's in a flood zone and has recently taken a bath. Actually it's probably taken a couple of baths in the last 2 years.

• Like 4

StillFreddiesMum

I like it.  If we had unlimited money and actually bought it the first thing I would do is hire a team of gardeners to plant lots and lots of trees around the property.

Let's face it - it's not a "family home" it's a trophy home.  

• Like 8

God no. Lost me at the entrance hall, I just thought what a nightmare to clean.

IDK about dirty men’s secrets, all the white and general interior design is screaming alien motherships to me.

• 100 1
  • Haha 5

@Julie3Girls, I was more icky about the conference table looking out at the backyard in the office, not the person who lives there having the view. Without the conference table it would make perfect sense.

But I know my views are my own.

I noticed the 3 machines in the laundry as well, and thought it was excessive, but everything in that house is.

• Like 1

Can I nitpick? All of the cupboards and shelves look to be flatpack, with holes all up the insides to reposition the shelves. None of them had the plugs in them to hide the holes. Just a few touches that make me think it has just been completed and they have to sell it ASAP. Eg, games room had wires hanging out of the wall???

• Like 5

I’m not even a fan of a laundry, but that laundry is luxe. I could do some washing there. 

None of it is my style. I seem to go for the heritage look aka worn, weathered, needs renovating, always looks a bit untidy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dianalynch said:

11 toilets…

11 toilet brushes, 11 bottles of toilet cleaner, a fuckload of toilet rolls… 

The previous house was much nicer. It wasn’t asylum white. Plus it had ceiling fans.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Paddlepop said:

11 toilet brushes, 11 bottles of toilet cleaner, a fuckload of toilet rolls… 

The previous house was much nicer. It wasn’t asylum white. Plus it had ceiling fans.

We have 3 toilets but we also only have 4 people. The third toilet (and that’s all it is) stays more or less permanently locked unless we have people staying. No way I’m cleaning excessive amounts of toilets. Then again, if I’m in a position to have 11 toilets, I don’t suspect I’m doing any cleaning at all.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jolly_F said:

I like the layout but it’s way too white and stark for me! 

I don’t really understand the “weird man’s dirty secret” comment! It’s seems like a good use of the space to me! 

Oh, I actually like the physical space, but I just find it dark and dingy. I think it’s just all of the dark walls. I get it in the cinema and possibly even the games room, but it’s just a bit much for me personally. The part in the video showing the candy bar really stands out for me for some reason.

As someone who hates the heat, I think that I would love the underground. 

Advertisement