IGNORED

What are your favourite exercises?

IamtheMumma

I am trying to increase my muscle mass without a gym membership as they're costly and I don't have a lot of child free time to do it so need to be able to do it from home. 

I'm trying to buy Fitbit Premium to access the Les Mills workouts. 

Anyone got any good youtube links?

What is your favourite weight activity/set?

Look up Caroline Girvan on You Tube, she has heaps of videos and they are great.

I like mixing it up.  Make sure you do her 5 minute warm up (there are longer ones too) before hand so you don't hurt yourself.

Forgot to add, hers are free too.  I'm sure if you prescribe there are probably more but for me at the moment the free ones are enough.

Edited by Cstar
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

Lees Mills Body Pump (free) is all over YouTube. All you need to start you off this a set of 2kg dumbbells, an aerobic seat and a yoga mat.  As you get stronger you can buy the next 3kg dumbbells and so on.

I never used the dumbbells to do the squat or lunge tracks.

• Like 1

I enjoy beatboxing fitness on YouTube. So fun! 

The les mills app often has huge sales. I got 3 months for $20 last year. So worth checking directly with them. They also have heaps of videos on YouTube. 

I got our weights and other equipment from Kmart.

• Like 3

Sincerely

Although not for overall fitness, I would like to share my favourite exercises as I have found them extremely effective at reversing early Dowager’s hump / text neck which I noticed I was starting to develop a few months ago and was causing me a lot of neck pain. This set of exercises only takes five minutes per day and I now feel fantastic.

https://www.yorkvillesportsmed.com/blog/the-6-best-stretches-exercises-to-correct-dowagers-hump

I notice a lot of elderly ladies suffer from this, so with younger people spending so much time bending over electronic devices, I wanted to alert everyone about how to prevent this painful condition.

• Like 2

One thing I will suggest is that if you are going to use weights - watch lots of tutorials around correct form and practice in front of a mirror. Choose weights based on being able to do a chosen rep range with correct form. 

It doesn't matter so much if you're basically doing weighted cardio, but it's important if you plan on going heavier than 3-4 kg & actually want to build muscle.

• Like 1

Advertisement