IGNORED

Bali

BKK

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I’m going to Nusa Dua (I’ve never been to ND before) next week, I shall report back 🥰

I expect a full report and cocktail ranking from best to worse 🤩

• Like 2
  • 100 1

53 minutes ago, BKK said:

The other place we’re looking at is the hard rock in the heart of Kuta. Might do 3 nights at the end of the trip

I looked into this because it was highly rated on lots of discussion groups. But quite a few mentioned it was highly chaotic just outside the resort which wouldn't work for us.

Just thought I'd mention.

I stayed at Sofitel Nusa Dua but it's not walking distance to anywhere. Can highly recommend. Otherwise intercontinental in Sanur is walking distance to loads of things and right on the beach. Beautiful hotel and spacious rooms (I didn't rate the kids club but I don't think that's an issue for you).

• Like 2

We are heading off soon for 4 nights high in Ubud and 3 in Nusa Dua. Also happy to report back. If there anything in particular you want from your experience in the area?

Nusa Dua is unlike the rest of Bali but if you want to have a relaxing resort experience without having to leave the hotel it is great. 

There are some beautiful hotels and beaches but nothing is cheap and there is not a lot of market type shopping.

If you want water sports then try https://www.watersports-bali.com/ as many of the resorts don't actually have them.

We travel from Seminyak to St Regis on Nusa Dua when we are there to have high tea.

• Like 3

The best resort I’ve stayed at in Kuta was Dynasty, the children’s activities was brilliant (this was around 2016). I’ve heard Kuta is dead these days.

My brother is in Bali at the moment, I’ll ask him what’s the vibe, he’s staying in Legion for part of his hols.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, STBG 2 said:

@BBK I would not recommend Hard Rock In Kuta. It is extremely busy, packed to the hilt and noisy.

Stayed there over 30 years ago and that’s how it was then! 

hearing lots of different things about Bali.

my main thing is a nice beach for my son to safely swim in in September, nice accommodation and reasonable prices for food if not an all inclusive resort. 

my son likes to buy a daily toy. The cheaper the better in my view. It’s his thing. So walking distance to a shop or market 

I wonder if Sanur might be better for your son @BKK ? It has all the Bali feels but is way less hectic. The markets holders are also not as quite as in your face. It is just a quick drive to the Kuta/Legian/Seminyak strip. September is a beautiful month to go in terms of weather.

• Like 2

We are off to Sanur in January and we are staying Maison Aurelia as they have 2 bedroom suites  and my DS is 19 so both he and us need our own space but I have heard that the Prama is great for kids and they have water slides and is right on the beach.  I don't think it is 5 star but if you want more up market the Hyatt in Sanur is also supposed to good.

• Like 1

nom_de_plume
22 hours ago, BKK said:

Stayed there over 30 years ago and that’s how it was then! 

hearing lots of different things about Bali.

my main thing is a nice beach for my son to safely swim in in September, nice accommodation and reasonable prices for food if not an all inclusive resort. 

my son likes to buy a daily toy. The cheaper the better in my view. It’s his thing. So walking distance to a shop or market 

The beaches in Bali are not that great for swimming IMO. They do clean the beach daily in Nusa Dua (and some other parts of Bali, a lot of rubbish washes up particularly when it rains) though. What you ideally want is a resort that has a nice pool with a view of the beach. Best of both worlds.

Nusa Dua is a gated resort community. Not at all like the rest of Bali. There's one shopping mall called Bali Collection which is cheaper than resort prices but expensive for Bali. Your resort will have a shuttle to take you there.

In terms of shopping other than the mall there's some market stalls on JL Pantai Mengiat. There's not much else though and depending on where your resort is, it won't be within walking distance. For more shopping/food you need to get a taxi to Tanjung Benoa (closest) or elsewhere on the island.

nom_de_plume
9 hours ago, Meepy said:

We are staying at the Maya Sanur in the holidays so can report back afterwards.  

Highly recommend Sanur. Probably my favourite place in Bali. We stayed in a villa and loved it.

• Like 1

Advertisement