IGNORED

Anxious Grandmother

OrangeSprout

OrangeSprout

It's after 1am and I should be asleep...but I'm too scared to go to sleep as my 7 month old grandson is having his first sleep over with us...

Why am I so anxious??

Well what if something happens to him..

What if....

How do I not be like this?

Is it because of how precious he is??

Or because he's not my baby .

He's asleep right next to my bed in his portacot.. but he doesn't make a huge amount of noises.

Gee I hope this gets easier in time.

Because I really do need to sleep ๐ŸŒž

• Like 1
  • Care 12

I was much more vigilant with my baby grandchildren than I was with my own children because of the huge responsibility of caring for someone else's baby.

Don't stress though, it will pass the more often you look after them and start enjoying it.ย ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

• Like 2

I think this is normal. My mum still sleeps in the room with my 8 and 4 yo daughters when they sleep over, and worries about them all the time. Itโ€™s because theyโ€™re not your baby, and theyโ€™re incredibly special to you. You might worry less as they get older, in the meantime youโ€™re a lovely grandparent for having bun sleep over.

• Like 2

Redchick

I can totally understand why it would be stressful! I was always worried when my boys had friends stay for a sleepover -it felt like a huge responsibility.ย 
ย 

Like PPs have said, I think it will get better over time. Youโ€™re an awesome grandmother for having the little one sleep over.ย 
ย 

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

ย 

RC

• Like 1

Kiwi Bicycle

Hang in there. Remember you get to hand bubs back, and then off for a well deserved nanna nap....

• Like 1

OrangeSprout

Thank you to all for you comments and reassurance..

He's the 2nd grand baby but the 1st one lives interstate so I never had these experiences with her.

I reckon I had 2 hrs sleep all night ๐Ÿคฆโ€โ™€๏ธ

He woke at 3.30am for a bottle which is unusual for him.

But, he's just a baby and it's his first sleep over with us .

It's 10.40am and I've been awake since 5am ๐Ÿ˜.. normal for many but not me on a Saturday.

Once again thank you for your reassuring words ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Advertisement