IGNORED

QLD state election

LaFoom

Three terms seems to be the limit for most governments in Australia.

Labor in Qld appears increasingly desperate, and looking from interstate the 50c fares were an obvious indication.

we drove from Sydney to Bribie Island and back during the last week, and the thing I found most scary were the insanely white teeth smiles on LNP posters. We had been thinking that the new Bribie Island bridge was Labor pork barrelling, but having seen the traffic on Sunday it now seems reasonable.

And anyone who promises to fast track completion of the M1 roadworks on the Gold Coast which have almost ruined 4 visits from our family would get my vote if I could! :)

• Like 1

As a NZ'er living in Melbourne I'm having a real sense of sad deja vu watching the Qld elections.

Enough New Zealanders voted to change out Labour but didn't really think through the implications. So many hurtful decisions are being made in NZ right now - chopping Health to privatise it, huge volumes of public service cuts and job losses, trying to wind back the Treaty,  ... so many families far worse off than they were before. 

I sadly think Labor will be voted out in Qld, and many voters will end up worse off than they realise. Especially if policies like repealing abortion access come to pass.

• 100 3

I think Labor had been holding off on bringing attention to the conservative's approach towards abortion and assisted death issues until the election was officially called.  Hopefully, the scrutiny picks up pace now.  I noticed main stream media reporting on it which should help spark discussions and have people thinking.  

• Like 5

MerryMadigralMadge

Hopeless - so far today I've read about cancelling renewable projects, extending coal mines, cutting health jobs, completely un-costed spending, and no clue on social issues. 

Rockhampton QLD LNP candidate, who believes abortion is the "greatest human rights abuse of our time” - all at sea under questioning. 

• Sick 4
  • Sad 1

MerryMadigralMadge

https://rationalist.com.au/crisafulli-assures-creationist-christians-he-wont-restrict-home-schooling/

Martyn Iles, ex Australian Christian Lobby chief, now works with Ken Ham :sick: at Answers In Genesis, reportedly spoke to David Crisafulli, about homeschooling - mind boggling that we have reached a point where "the best interests of the child" is framed as discrimination. 

In an email to supporters in late May, Answers in Genesis’ chief executive officer Martyn Iles revealed that Mr Crisafulli’s office had telephoned him with what Mr Iles described as “news about an important development in the fight to protect home education”.

“[Mr Crisafulli’s office called] to say the Opposition does not support any changes that would restrict home education in Queensland, in particular the discriminatory requirement that home education be ‘in the best interests of the child’,” wrote Iles.

• Angry 3

Just read that there will be free school lunches for primary students if Labor gets back in.   What a disparity in cultures - one party is about education, public transport and the other is about abortion and religion.    It should be a lay down misere for Labor.

MerryMadigralMadge

Crisafulli’s body language over nuclear energy and trying to avoid bringing Dutton into the state election, is so telling here - he looks so flustered. 

purplekitty
21 hours ago, MerryMadigralMadge said:

and up pops Campbell Newman, to remind QLD of how awful he was as the last QLD LNP premier, when Crisafulli was in his cabinet.

Absolutely typical of Newman in power.

I'm sure his idol is Jeff Kennett.

Advertisement