IGNORED

As advertised on...

HypnicJerk

HypnicJerk

You know those ads you see on Facebook or your social media of choice?  Post your review here.

Flexmoves bag:  I bought it for a 2 month trip around Europe last year.  I used it every day.  It housed our passports, tickets and money.  Despite the advertising I haven't used it once since we got back.  Very happy with it.  Worth the money spent.

Nakie hammock:  Dunno, ordered it yesterday.  Stay tuned...

Clothes hanger hook/comnnector:  Advertised on TV.  bought from Australia Post.  Pretty useless 

Review wanted:

Bedsheet/linnen 'box':  not sure what they are called.  I've seen them advertised on FB a.  They kindof look like a magazine holder that you fold around the sheets.

• Love 3

Ooooh, great thread. 

Pryshan exfoliating clay stones: as seen on IG. I love these. I was nervous as my face seems to hate exfoliation, both mechanical and chemical, but these have made a huge difference to my skin texture and not upset my skin  barrier at all. The body one is great too, they are so smooth you would assume they do nothing but they definitely do and you have to be careful not to over do it. I use a natural deodorant which can build up so the body one has been great for under my arms. 

Tri-Aid neck massager: As seen on IG. Another success purchase. I mainly use it on the base of my skull where I hold a lot of tension but I also use it all down my back too on occasion. I feel a wonderful release in my eye area when I use it on the base of my skull and it's also been great for my upper back tension. 

Breeze Balm BB cream: This one is all over IG and I really wanted to love it but I don't. It didn't work for me at all. The shades are bogus and it's got a weird curdles kind of texture and isn't as moisturizing as I'd hoped. It's fiddly to apply too. There's much better and cheaper options out there. 

Bouncecurl Brush: Also on IG (the only social media I use). This is magic, it really curts down the frizz in my wavy hair and creates lovely smooth clumps. Since discovering gthe "brushing with tension" technique my hair has been so much easier to style. At first I used a Denman brush, then a tangle teaser wet brush which was way better than the Denman and now this which is better than both. 

Lust Mineral Pro finish foundation: I coveted this for about 2 years before I finally purchased it, I started with samples and LOVED it. Really really loved it and thought I had finally found my unicorn foundation so purchased the full size (not cheap, over $60) and I don't know what happened but it just wasn't anywhere near as good. Maybe better for oily skin but it dried my already dry skin out and by the end of the day looks dry and flakey in patches and cakey in others. It's also not tthe easiest to work with. 

That's all  I can remember for now. I am a sucker for shit I see on IG. I have been eyeing off the Lotus wheels and the side sleeper pillows but am not rushing into either. 

• Like 2

@HypnicJerk thank you so much. I am too scared to try anything advertised on FB. But I am curious about Mouldguard. I'd love to hear reviews.

I am so jaded by online reviews after a loved one was strong-armed overseas into giving a review on TA for a service they had never even used. Also after finding out the clever measures companies use to get people to leave reviews for products on various sites. 5 star review equals a free drink at one of our local restaurants, for example. Another example is going in to a monthly draw to get your money back for leaving a review on productsreview (found that out AFTER receiving a product). grrr

Edited by banyan
  • Like 1

Ooh, I love this topic! I have found some really cute things through facebook ads, so I am loving this topic. Mostly, I buy from pages that friends have liked (and I check which friends to make sure they aren't the 'click on everything without purchase' friends). Things that I remember:

Teeturtle- excellent quality t-shirts with quirky prints. Have purchased quite a few for DH, and most on sale. They frequently have 50% off.

Sister&soul- excellent jewellery. Have purchased quite a few pairs of earrings for myself and gifts from here.

Ruby olive- have only made one purchase but I love the bright colours of the jewellery (I got- bright necklaces for mum and I, a lanyard for me, and a dog collar for my pup).

Has anybody purchased from 'storybookcakes' before? Their cake in a mugs sound like delicious flavours and I think they would be fun Christmas gifts. They keep coming up as ads on fb and I'm so tempted but also wary...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

RipSkirt - love my skirts and the customer service was great when I got the wrong size delivered (right sized bag, the wrong sized skirt in it).

I've been thinking about getting some of those coat hanger connectors @HypnicJerk what dont you like about them?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got shapermint bras. 
do not love them. At all. Checked the size chart and I should fit them but they just roll up at the bands

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Chocolate Addict

A few years ago I bought a 'fuzzy" which was essentially a longer version of a Oodie. The photos had them going down to almost the ankles of the models. It barely went past my knees. lol So not much longer than an Oodie. The models must have been really short.

I see loads of things I want but never want to take the risk now.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Amble hiking pants - Australian company, made to fit women. Very comfortable and light weight.

Nordace  - love the packing cubes and the toiletries bag. The backpack seems good, will see how it goes travelling. 
Snap charging cubes and power banks. 
very tempted to try the Paire light weight undies for travelling and am eyeing off a bon maxie toiletries bag .

Kiwi Bicycle

Actually advertised on EB

TBH acne skin care.

Can totally reccommend the pimple cream, jelly make up cleanser and antibacterial cleanser. I really love that's its not benzoyl peroxide ( hello bleached pillow case after 2 uses) and it's not just salicylic acid.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

We did try software skin for my teen with bad acne and it’s worked beautifully. It’s super convenient which is honestly what we needed. 

Trinny London lip glow. I love it. I always order another when I'm only halfway used one because I hate not having it.

• Like 2

VeritasVinumArte

@MoukMouk I have the paire lipstick undies. I am still on the fence about them. Very lightweight feel, but possibly too lightweight (think worried about ladders like stockings). I just normal cold washed at home didn’t try washing them while traveling.

Also love the Snap multi country adapters/chargers

@Mooguruanother vote for ripskirt. Love their skirts and T Shirts. Nordace Sienna Mini backpack is great…. I just wished it had padded shoulder straps. I know the new Sienna Pro bags do, but I like the mini size.

@BethlehemDD actually loves her Shapermint Bras. She is about a C cup. She has ones which have adjustable straps and double hooks at the back.

@Quisby  @Jenflea I am another Lip Glow fan.

Foldie - Yep I got the Foldie. I do really love using them for travel. They fit nicely under the seat in front on a plane. The Foldie 4 has straps with cushion. I have also purchased a Cross Body (Bum) Bag. Will use it traveling soon.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, VeritasVinumArte said:

@MoukMouk I have the paire lipstick undies. I am still on the fence about them. Very lightweight feel, but possibly too lightweight (think worried about ladders like stockings). I just normal cold washed at home didn’t try washing them while traveling.

Also love the Snap multi country adapters/chargers

@Mooguruanother vote for ripskirt. Love their skirts and T Shirts. Nordace Sienna Mini backpack is great…. I just wished it had padded shoulder straps. I know the new Sienna Pro bags do, but I like the mini size.

@BethlehemDD actually loves her Shapermint Bras. She is about a C cup. She has ones which have adjustable straps and double hooks at the back.

@Quisby  @Jenflea I am another Lip Glow fan.

Foldie - Yep I got the Foldie. I do really love using them for travel. They fit nicely under the seat in front on a plane. The Foldie 4 has straps with cushion. I have also purchased a Cross Body (Bum) Bag. Will use it traveling soon.

I am larger and have the xl and L sizes of the essentials bra and even with 4 clips the bands roll. Even when I use the extender! I always seem to have a problem with this style of bra though. I want to love them!

I bought rocks that are meant to help with anxiety, ADHD etc.  My kid liked them and I figure he could use them as fidgets and the power of the rock may do its stuff.  Not quite sure it worked that way.  And must remind him to fish them out of the bottom of his school bag and use them again.

I am interested in the sheets.  I think from the lad collective? Anyone tried?  And as I have been searching for one of those foam pod beanbag type things so naturally I now get a lot of FB ads for them.  There are too many brands!  Anyone got one?

1 hour ago, Prancer said:

I bought rocks that are meant to help with anxiety, ADHD etc.  My kid liked them and I figure he could use them as fidgets and the power of the rock may do its stuff.  Not quite sure it worked that way.  And must remind him to fish them out of the bottom of his school bag and use them again.

I am interested in the sheets.  I think from the lad collective? Anyone tried?  And as I have been searching for one of those foam pod beanbag type things so naturally I now get a lot of FB ads for them.  There are too many brands!  Anyone got one?

We have a Kloud-sac and absolutely LOVE IT! We claimed it on NDIS, we also got the ottoman and blanket. 

I have a few more things I have been "sucked into" buying from IG. 

Threadheads t-shirts. These are so good we have MANY. My latest purchase was a custom t-shirt with my dog all over it and it is perfect. The quality of these t shirts is sensational. 

Ettitude Bamboo Sheets: Hate them. They need ironing, the doona cover is too big for all our doonas and my husband hates the feel of them (I don't mind them). 

Etiko shoes: LOVE these. I have both the high tops and sneakers. They are soooooo comfortable, more so than cons but they don't last as long as cons. I love supporting this company though. 

Binkabu earrings: I have 4 pairs now and adore them. So unique and being the crazy bird lady I am I will definitely be getting more. 

Vanity Collections make up case - Large.  Love love love, when I go away, which is not often, I can fit all my skincare, makeup and haircare in there. I used to use it at home to store everything in but now I have a set up on my dressing table. 

Halara Pants and Jumpsuits: Very hit and miss and hard to get your sizing right BUT they make returns so easy and with every purchase I have been unhappy with they have either refunded me or given me gift cards without having to send the stock back. Sadly this means I have two pairs of pants that are too short, a pair of pants that are too big and a jumpsuit that is too big but I also now have two jumpsuits that fit perfectly. They offer up to three different leg lengths on some of their styles which is awesome. 

B-Free Gstrings: Not impressed. A bit pinchy and way too low cut for my liking. My cheaper bonds ones are heaps better. 

Laihas Dreaming Boho jewelry: I have 4 pairs of earrings from here and adore them. I was buying a pair each time I had a yearly sobriety anniversary but have missed the last two or so years. 

These were all stumbled upon on Instagram. There will be more as like I said, I am a sucker. So I will probably be back. 

• Like 2

LemonMyrtle

Archie’s thongs - terrible. Too narrow, too small in general even though I sized up. Arch is too high and in the wrong spot. Straight in the bin.

Birkenstocks - Horribly uncomfortable and make fart-noises when you walk. I wasted money on a second pair in a size up, hoping that was the problem, but nope. They just cause pain. Such a waste of money.  DH has some as well and they always give him blisters, he keeps wearing them though, cause they’re Birkenstocks, they couldn’t possibly be the problem, he just keeps hoping one day that will be comfortable. It’s been years 🙄.

• Like 2

@LemonMyrtle I had a pair of Birkies years and years ago and they were an absolute nightmare to break in but once they were broken in they were soooooo damn comfortable. Unfortunately they eventually stunk though and Mr Willa made me throw them out. Even after scrubbing them they would get stinky. 

• Haha 1

My feet are too old and sore to be "breaking in" anything these days.  If the product is uncomfortable when I put it on, I'm not investing blood, sweat and tears into it!

I had a pair of GP's once.  Never again!

• Like 1
  • 100 10

@Prancer I wanted to try the Lad Collective sheets(thanks to Christian Hull) but they don't have the super queen size, only the queen or super king. A 46cm depth fitted sheet isn't quite deep enough, I like the 50cm ones. 

• Surprised 1

I am loving this thread!

Other than on line clothes shops that I've found I can't think of anything else right now.

My favourite on line clothes shops are:

Serafina

Freez

Salty Crush

Always Alice

Everygreen

• Like 1

I have to say that I have both Archie's and Birkenstocks and they are extremely comfortable to me. Birkenstocks have soft bed styles now so they do not need breaking in.

I have shit feet, knees, hips and back and they are all good for me.

• Like 1

Advertisement