IGNORED

How small is too small for a block of land?

Chocolate Addict

Chocolate Addict
On 26/09/2024 at 3:19 PM, 123tree said:

Unfortunately a lot of these smalll blocks aren’t facilitated by these community living spaces.  They aren’t in place.  People snap them up because they are often under the false illusion that these things are coming or are desperate for entry into the housing market at a lower price point (that isn’t that low).  Because of parking issues sometimes services like fire trucks and garbage trucks have trouble getting access to service them.  

This is a major issue in this area. The roads are quite narrow, to fit more houses in the estates, then the houses have only one garage, some two but most houses have more than 2 adults/drivers so they park on the street. Most either don't know or don't care about leaving enough room for emergency service vehicles to get through, some times I can barely get my mid size SUV between them.

Those Nobel Park townhouses look awful on the outside, nice inside but to me they are an eyesore. I went a bit further out in my suburb the other day and whole streets are full of those townhouses. The most certainly aren't cheaper than houses. In fact, I just checked and they cost more than houses do in the same suburb and don't come with any amenities like park or pool etc..

Kiwi Bicycle

Gosh there was one estate who the developer was told the land next door would be developed and that they only had to build half a road ( so literally one car wide) as part of their permit done one boundry. But the land hasn't been developed and now you have houses with no street parking ( and they only has one off street per house). Plus they are freaking out about rubbish trucks and emergency vehicles. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-11/western-sydney-half-width-streets-planning-laws/103960916

• Surprised 2
  • Angry 1

@Chocolate Addict the houses don't look that bad to me in real life because of the natural environment around them and the landscaping in the area. Also, the home in Noble Park are mostly small blocks already so it doesn't seem out of place. The proximity to the station and recreational and shopping spaces makes it a preferable use of town houses compared to the OPs which is in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1
Advertisement