IGNORED

Grade 6 graduation

charli73

Hello all

starting to look at ideas for graduation. Has anybody hired a Photo Booth? Considering this or just buying a small Polaroid camera for a graduation gift or just getting her mobile phone (for year 7) early.. she wants to take pics of her friends. 
has anyone got any ideas? 

Kiwi Bicycle

I would get a book ( acid free) to stick the photos in and so they can write a message as well. Or there's those bears you can get autographs on.

Are you help planning the event? I suspect I am going to get tapped for it as the grade 5 parents do the organising for the Grade 6 graduation. I am planning buying a backup drop off Aliexpress to use for the school disco and then graduation can use it also.

• Like 1

Nobody has started any organising yet but happy to get involved, I can get some cheaper decorations through DH. My DS had a bear it was a lovely idea. 

We didn't really do graduation gifts as such, other than their graduation dresses. My eldest asked if she could get her 2nd lobe piercings for graduation (which I allowed). Their primary school provided gifts (a year book, certificates, a candle / larntern) for all the graduates, and had the ceremony, followed by a sit down dinner / party with families at a function centre.

ETA: the highlights for both of my kids were the things that are school rituals, one of which is shooing a video clip dancing / running around the school, and a powerpoint presentation with pictures of each child in Prep next to their senior picture.  Each child also writes a letter to their parents.  

Edited by BeAwesome

Advertisement