IGNORED

Everyday rewards extra - free perks

Prancer

Just finished a Woolworths shop. $228.49 down to $205.64 with the 10% discount. Saving of $22.85. Earned 2902 points. I had a spend $180, get 1500 points offer. Multiple other offers like 5x points on fruit and vegetables. I earned $20 Rewards dollars, and already $10 earned but forgot to use it. That’s $30 to use on the next grocery shop or fuel if we go to a WW servo.

• Like 3

magic_marker
2 hours ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

No, I actually looked at everything (as I was interested). Wasn't impressed at all. We have a 7/11 nearby as our Costco has no petrol, so they do the best petrol wise for us with their locked price deal.

If you don’t want to save money, you don’t want to save money.

More saving for the rest of us 🤣

6 hours ago, Julie3Girls said:

I’ve been debating about joining, but I admit, I have this deep objection to paying for a membership at a supermarket. It would also mean I need to be a bit more disciplined- we have a woolies and coles across the road from each other, and I’m very hit and miss as to where I go, 

This was me too in the beginning.  Why would I pay to join?  But I think I got one month free and was converted.

I get 2 10% off a week if I do my first shop online.  We ate a family of 5 with 2 teens and one gf child so usually spend over $300.  I tend to stock up more on things when I use my 10% off.  So that is at least $60 a month saving, almost paying for itself in the first month.

You get 10% off a big w too.  I bought a new Dyson stick vacuum the other day.  $700 ish marked down to $400.  Then I used my 10% to get it down to $360.  Then I had over $200 saved in reward dollars.  Then I got an extra amount of points for spending so much at big w which gave me another $15 of reward dollars.  I ended up out of pocket just over $100!  

We generally use our reward dollars to buy stuff for the switch at big w.  So it feels like a big treat.

If you have a Woolies phone plan you get 10% off groceries too. But no other perks.  My kid is on a $25 a month plan.  We joke it makes us money by having it as we save more than $25 on groceries.

Everyday extra perks are fun.  They are generally stiff o would not buy.  But I  happy having them for free.

• Like 4

I could definitely 'shop smarter', but that actually takes a lot of work, and so this is what we do;

woollies is our main shop, and as DH and I both do the shopping, we just agree to use the 10% if it is over $100 (usually closer to $200, so $20 off, plus bonus points). That way, we are at least $5 ahead per month. No nit picking if we don't spend 'enough' or forget things. No separate cards, could do that but can't be bothered.

I activate all bonuses every week them promptly forget about them. I have learned it isn't worth shopping especially for them. But nice that they just happen in the background.

The 4c/ litre off is great, especially when I can also top up with another 4c for being an RACV member.

We also shop at big w. I don't use the 10% off every month, but often enough to definitely be ahead. I especially love double dipping and getting 10% off a shop full of sale/ half price items (like cleaning things, make up etc- they are always on special at big w).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yogaalaates said:

😱 talk about COL crisis! 

sorry… 🤣

Ha, what a typo. We probably could eat a family of 5 with the amount of food I seem to buy!

• Haha 5

SunnyinDubai
8 hours ago, Prancer said:

I get 2 10% off a week if I do my first shop online.

Does this still work as I thought they closed the loophole?

21 minutes ago, SunnyinDubai said:

Still works for me.  At both Woolworths and big w too.  It only works on the every day extra discount, not the mobile 10%.  The every day extra discount comes up at the check out first so I need to specifically say I don’t want to use my first 10% off but I do want to use my second one.  Then the next week I usually do an on line shop and then the week after will go back in store again.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, SunnyinDubai said:

Yeah still works for me if I use it online first. People on the fb group tell others not to do that, it's wrong blah blah. I don't feel bad, surely they could use some of their massive profits to fix the system if they care that much? 😅

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Andi said:

Yeah still works for me if I use it online first. People on the fb group tell others not to do that, it's wrong blah blah. I don't feel bad, surely they could use some of their massive profits to fix the system if they care that much? 😅

They did close this loophole, then they reopened it and sent an email telling us about it? So... why not?

I often forget when I'm putting in my click and collect, but when I remember it's like finding money in my pocket that I didn't know was there :)

• Thanks 1

I do not recall getting any messaging that I was not to use a discount voucher when it pops up at the checkout.

I found the big w one worked by accident.  I bought my vacuum cleaner online - as I could not find it in store!  Then when I was in there a week later, it popped up at the checkout.

Normally I sort of keep track of how many I have used each month, but sometimes I actually have no idea if I have any left or not.  So hard for them to expect you to count your usage every month.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

I don't remember any emails about using it twice either! I discovered it by accident too and had it confirmed here. I also think I can't be expected to remember if I've used it or not. If you don't want me to use it, don't make it an option, surely it can't be that hard 😅

ETA the only thing I recall them emailing to change and then change back was being allowed to use the discount online. 

Edited by Andi
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad I read this thread, I was so confused because I was sure I'd used it twice a while back then it didn't work the next month. I believe the glitch was I used it in store first. Will try again this month! 

I bought the membership for half price and have saved $170 with 10% off, plus gained an extra $70 in points conversion with double points. I don't even use it every month because I don't shop to make the most of it, I just use it when I'm needing a shop there. 

I shop at a more independent local one most of the time as my teens work there, so I'm there almost every day anyway. Then I do some at Coles as there's a few things I can only get there, and I also use aldi if I have to do a shop there for my volunteering. So the $35/yearly fee has definitely been worth it for me and that's before discounts on individual items for members too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SunnyinDubai said:

Nope it definitely works, I use it like this every month. I do my first shop of the month online, then 2 instore. (I also have my mobile with WW so get an additional 10% voucher, but this one can only be used in-store).

I have ziplock bags and a free shirt too. But no Big W within a 1000kms so that won't be redeemed. Oh and if others don't know, you can use your reward money at big W. Last year I bought the Christmas gifts using it as I'd banked for Christmas. You do also get limited 10% off a big W. It's limited to certain things though, not everything. I got the subscription half price originally but it's been pretty good for us cost wise as I mainly did my shopping with WW anyway (I don't like out local coles).

• 4 weeks later...

This month I got brevita breakfast biscuits.  Was not that thrilled with this but realised they have an option for strawberry yoghurt filling ones and they look good.

Also got the El Paso nacho chips which look good.  And the bag was huge.

Breakfast biscuits here. @Prancer I've bought them before and they were not terrible. The strawberry yoghurt ones are nice. And I got a weird "free product" one which is tortilla chips. I must remember to grab them.

Advertisement