IGNORED

Everyday rewards extra - free perks

Prancer

VictorineTheCatLover
5 hours ago, Decisions Decisions said:

No t-shirt for me but my husband did (but it's a female t-shirt isn't it?)

I got free ziplock snack bags made from recycled milk bottles

Same.

My previous perk was some Arnotts shapes that my local didn't stock. Previously I've had Strawberry Quik, Greek yoghurt and a box of Cheezels.

1 hour ago, Sass78 said:

I always forget to collect mine!

Put it on your shopping list. I have to or else I’ll forget.

I’ve been an Extra member for 2 years now and so far I’ve claimed 20 free perks. DH is an Extra member too because I wanted another 10% discount each month. I claim pretty much all of the ones he gets offered too.

7 hours ago, Bornagirl said:

Mist of our points come from bonus gift card offers, even then.

Can you explain how this works please? I’ve seen posts on it on FB, I’ve seen YouTube videos but I still don’t get it. Do you use those gift cards to pay for the groceries or other bills? How do you know what restrictions apply to what the cards can be used for? Do they need to be physical cards or can they be virtual ones if the shop has run out? Is it annoying potentially having to use multiple gift cards when paying in person? I just can’t quite wrap my head around it.

27 minutes ago, Paddlepop said:

Can you explain how this works please? I’ve seen posts on it on FB, I’ve seen YouTube videos but I still don’t get it. Do you use those gift cards to pay for the groceries or other bills? How do you know what restrictions apply to what the cards can be used for? Do they need to be physical cards or can they be virtual ones if the shop has run out? Is it annoying potentially having to use multiple gift cards when paying in person? I just can’t quite wrap my head around it.

Yes & no to all of the above, so you’re not alone in finding it confusing. 

I would be delighted to help others get the most out of the big two. 

only thing is I’m fat finger typing on my phone excruciatingly slowly, but can easily touch type the info after I get back on 30th. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ReadingAlong said:

No t-shirt here. I’ve never had anything at big w.
This month our freebie was a garlic bread. 

Same here. I have never seen anything free at Big W,  it I don”t shop there a heap - maybe that has an impact 🤷🏼‍♀️

9 minutes ago, Scootaloo said:

Same here. I have never seen anything free at Big W,  it I don”t shop there a heap - maybe that has an impact 🤷🏼‍♀️

This was my first time. I am there probably once a month at least though. 

• Like 1

I buy from big w a few times a month and always use my 10% off there.  It’s at our local and I at not near a target or Kmart.

I haven’t been to Big W for months. I’m generally only shopping there a few times per year. I’m unlikely to redeem the t-shirt.

15 hours ago, Paddlepop said:

@Bornagirl No worries. I’ll have another look online to see if I can get my head around it.

Until I get back, the best place to start is someone on Facebook called ‘Free Points’, and they also run one called Gift Card Deals Australia.  

They advise which ones will be in the catalogue for both Coles & Woolworths the following week,AND the conditions for them.  

Other people asking questions is also useful.  

• Like 1

magic_marker

I wouldn't mind a free t'shirt from Big W.

This week l have free 400g Strawberry Jam.

I've had Naan, Vita Weets, Tilda Rice, Dairy Farmers Yoghurt, a Cleansing Puff (forgot to redeem that one),

Chicken Tonight Jar, Cheezels, Arnotts Wafers, Mrs Mac Giant Sausage Roll, & Choc Chip Minis.

little lion

I only recently got the rewards app. Can you please tell me which tab to find these freebies? 

1 minute ago, little lion said:

I only recently got the rewards app. Can you please tell me which tab to find these freebies? 

You have to pay to join the Extra program, then the freebies are under the Extra tab.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, magic_marker said:

I wouldn't mind a free t'shirt from Big W.

So i just started hearing ad's about their new basics range and I'm guessing that the free tee is from that. Great idea to give away a new line. 

I'd like to try it. 

I maybe shop at big W once a quarter or so. It's not near me so i have to make an effort. But i do like the dymples clothes for Charlie. And I got a nice knit sweater/top thingy at the beginning of winter. I'm pretty sure i got one last year too. Both of which people compliment me on. 

Lukes mummi

My perks have mainly been cheap biscuits or lollies I’ve ended up taking to work to use up. For me, the 10% off is definitely worth it at Woolies/ I use it online and then instore once per month 

• Like 4

Julie3Girls

I’ve been debating about joining, but I admit, I have this deep objection to paying for a membership at a supermarket. It would also mean I need to be a bit more disciplined- we have a woolies and coles across the road from each other, and I’m very hit and miss as to where I go, 

Kiwi Bicycle
36 minutes ago, Julie3Girls said:

I’ve been debating about joining, but I admit, I have this deep objection to paying for a membership at a supermarket. It would also mean I need to be a bit more disciplined- we have a woolies and coles across the road from each other, and I’m very hit and miss as to where I go, 

$70 per year is Costco level membership and I can think of a lot of stuff I could buy of my choosing for $ 70. Plus I find Woolworths pricing is 10% more than Coles on some items and their specials are often not quite as great as Coles, so I don't do my main shop at Woolworths. I just use it as my "pop in to top up" supermarket.

• Like 1

magic_marker
1 minute ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

$70 per year is Costco level membership and I can think of a lot of stuff I could buy of my choosing for $ 70. Plus I find Woolworths pricing is 10% more than Coles on some items and their specials are often not quite as great as Coles, so I don't do my main shop at Woolworths. I just use it as my "pop in to top up" supermarket.

Costco Membership is $65.

Executive Membership is $130

The Executive Membership gives you 2% back at the end of the year.

The savings come out more than the membership cost.

Kiwi Bicycle
Just now, magic_marker said:

Costco Membership is $65.

Executive Membership is $130

The Executive Membership gives you 2% back at the end of the year.

The savings come out more than the membership cost.

My friend took me to Costco. There's nothing there I would buy monthly, and the prices weren't great ( I was price checking Coles website prices as I was doing an event and was looking at catering there). I ended up getting better items for cheaper at Coles. I won't be racing back. Even the special buys weren't special. I recognised items and knew the prices elsewhere. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Julie3Girls said:

$70/yr = $5.83/month so one $59 shop per month using the 10% discount and you’ll break even. You’ll also be collecting extra points and free items. I’ve been a member since September 2022 and have saved $673.49, earned 27000 extra points (=$130) and redeemed 20 free perks. For a membership cost of $59 + $70 = $129 I’m in front by at least $680. Free perks average about $3 each, so that takes it to $740.

I’ve also got DH on a membership but I don’t have his log in details so I’m not sure what the stats are on his membership. Plus 10% off from our mobile phones, so I get 3 x 10% off each month. It would be 5 if I could be bothered to online shop with both of the Extra memberships and then use them in store. A loophole that they left open. I shop every 7-10 days so 3 is generally enough. I rarely pay full price for a grocery shop at Woolworths. 

I do the majority of my shopping at Woolworths. It has a better GF/LF range of foods for us. 

Still debating about the Coles Saver Plus equivalent of WW Extra. If they do a half price special on annual membership I’ll grab it. I often don’t go over $40-$50 per shop so it wouldn’t be worth it.

• Like 4

magic_marker
17 minutes ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

My friend took me to Costco. There's nothing there I would buy monthly, and the prices weren't great (I was price checking Coles website prices as I was doing an event and was looking at catering there). I ended up getting better items for cheaper at Coles. I won't be racing back. Even the special buys weren't special. I recognised items and knew the prices elsewhere. 

If you're only looking at it for catering, it's not for you.

I do it for groceries, petrol and cafe. l save heaps. More than covers the membership for our family.

I'll take $1.58.7 for Unleaded 91 over the other fuel stations.

• 100 1

Kiwi Bicycle
4 minutes ago, magic_marker said:

If you're only looking at it for catering, it's not for you.

I do it for groceries, petrol and cafe. l save heaps. More than covers the membership for our family.

I'll take $1.58.7 for Unleaded 91 over the other fuel stations.

No, I actually looked at everything ( as I was interested). Wasn't impressed at all. We have a 7/11 nearby as our Costco has no petrol, so they do the best petrol wise for us with their locked price deal.

Advertisement