IGNORED

Trouble re-enrolling child for CCS

BoyMum2

Long shot that someone has been in the same situation recently but worth anything to try and avoid a call to Centrelink. 

I have two kids, one first year of school, the other is still in daycare/preschool, starting primary next year. My eldest no longer qualifies for CCS as he's been out of care for more than 26 weeks. I previously worked PT from home so he's never needed OOSH. I've lost my job recently and unlikely to find another 100% WFH role so I have enrolled him in the OOSH at his school and booked him for a couple trial days in the next couple of weeks. On the Centrelink site, it says he's ineligible for CCS subsidy. He's in the system but there's no links through to submit another claim nor is there anywhere to 'add another child' even though that's what the instructions I've found tell me to do. 

I continue to be absolutely amazed about how difficult every single encounter with Centrelink is. It will be such a joyous day when we have nothing more to do with them. 

The accounts person at your service should be able to help. There are some things you have to do and some they have to do before the child will show up properly. If you haven’t advised of your work hours or hours you are seeking work then you probably haven’t done everything you need to yet but you will need to approve on the system after the service adds your child.

Ignore underling, eating and typing.

• Like 1

Thanks @Grumbles, I'll reach out to the provider. He's showing as enrolled at this centre so I think they've done what they're supposed to from their end. It looks like I have to go through the whole claim process again, which is just absurd as he literally finished daycare only at the end of January. 

Yes, I think doing a new claim is the likely outcome and would be heaps quicker than waiting on the phone to find out if there is a short cut. If he is linked to the centre your claim should be smooth.

Advertisement