IGNORED

The Amazing Race Australia: Celebrities

Dusty

7 hours ago, Dusty said:

And the dancing challenge in the first episode was adorable.

They’re my firm favorites too.

Them and the country singers 🙌🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chocolate Addict

I like Jett but I am glad they are gone, Lily was driving me nuts. lol

I had not heard of the boys but they are funny, and happy to do pretty much anything. :)

• Like 1

Chocolate Addict

This episode didn't even feel like they did anything.

I have really come to like Pete and Bridget, his affection and pride to her is just so sweet. OMG though I was so worried they were going to be eliminated. That was freaking me out lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chocolate Addict said:

This episode didn't even feel like they did anything.

I have really come to like Pete and Bridget, his affection and pride to her is just so sweet. OMG though I was so worried they were going to be eliminated. That was freaking me out lol

I think they need to throw in a gentle road block every now and last night's was definitely more gentle on their bodies.

I love Bridget and Peter too but I just don't think he looks well. It was not long since he was on I'm a Celebrity and he looked so much healthier. He is only 49.

On 16/09/2024 at 4:40 PM, STBG 2 said:

I think like lots of elite sports people you take away the sport and it piles on. 

They get used to eating twice what other people eat and it doesn't work anymore when you stop moving all the time. 

Billy Brownless’s son has that typical humor that our young 20 something’s have.  I giggle when he calls his father Dopey, sweet term of endearment.

On 20/9/2024 at 3:50 PM, STBG 2 said:

I just watched some UFC with Bam Bam.......yuck yuck. How the feck is this a sport ?

It was interesting what he was saying about his fighting.  He gave the impression that he was in trouble in his teens and it did not sound like he had had a great life.  Yet the only thing he was good at (thumping people!) ended up giving him a life he had only dreamed of.  So glad he found some good in an area that often lands you in jail!

Gosh it was funny when Thorpy was talking about being able to take him on if he was at the top of his training.  Could not see that being successful!  Then how they laughed hysterically when they heard he could swim.

I like Pete’s wife.  I think Pete’s constant jokes would drive me insane after a while.  And she certainly seems like the one in control of the family - probably used to him disappearing all the time.

• Like 1

When Bam Bam started talking about the fact he usually punches people’s teeth out instead of looking for them he lost me a lot. 

Chocolate Addict

I was surprised there was an elimination as it was a virtual stop, I thought that was a non elimination thing, obviously not.

If only they hadn't left the bum bag behind.

Whilst he is not my favourite, gee I felt for Thorpie last night. The legs looked so painful to walk on and he had to scale that sand dune. 

• Like 2

I like Thorpe.  But yes, he was struggling.

The country singers have grown on me.  I thought they would be out early when I watched the first episode.  But they work well together, have fun and actually have a lot of strengths between them, particularly given they are not athletic.

• Like 2

Ian Thorpe has majorly damaged his knee on TAR. He was being wheeled around in a wheelchair in Paris for the games. 

I do hope they have a defibrillator off camera, I do not think they've taken into account the age and size of some of the contestants.

• Surprised 1

Chocolate Addict

They really didn't think that sand dune task through properly, did they? Most of the contestants are older and not in the best physical form, and some have preexisting health issues. 

It is in extreme heat they aren't used to, walking up a hill would be hard on them, never mind a sand dune.

I loved the ladies at the body painting task, the lady with Pete was laughing so hard, I was laughing with her. lol

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Mary McGregor

I have seen my husband and eldest son demolish a pork knuckle plus sides in way shorter time.  My husband will also down a litre of beer. 🤢 It must be a Dutch/German thing...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Mary McGregor said:

I have seen my husband and eldest son demolish a pork knuckle plus sides in way shorter time.  My husband will also down a litre of beer. 🤢 It must be a Dutch/German thing...

My 19 year old fiance (now DH) thought he needed to impress me when we met by downing a Yard Glass of VB. I think it's about a litre and a half and he didn't do it as quickly as he would have liked but he did it.

All I could think was 'what a wanker' yet I married him and sent the yard glass to the op shop. :)

• Crying 1
  • Haha 3

And now a non elimination!  It’s like they waited for a really strong team to have a muck up and got rid of them when they could.

• 100 1

Chocolate Addict

I am, so glad I only watched this today. lol

I had pork knuckle for dinner Monday night (and last night). That was a lot of meat, a knuckle gives me three meals.

Thorpie is really struggling, I honestly thought he would pull out it seems so hard for him.

• Like 1

Bethlehem

I’m finding it fascinating to watch Thorpe switch to “competitive” mode. That mindset. 

• Like 3

Paddlepop

I’m glad that Peter and Bridget are still in. I’m enjoying Brooke and Adam too. Great teamwork from both couples.

If anyone wants to see more of the seals of the Pelican Coast there’s a seal rescue channel on YouTube. They remove fishing line, hooks, plastic etc that are wrapped around the seals and release them straight away. This video is hilarious. It needs Benny Hill music over it.

Chocolate Addict

That is both funny and sad. Poor things would be terrified but it is for their own good.

• Like 2

Chocolate Addict

They really didn't consider the physical fitness and health conditions of the contestants, did they? More mountain climbing.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

Advertisement