IGNORED

Is there social media out there with groups that's not owned by Meta?

mumofboys

mumofboys

Is there such a thing as another 'facebook' not owned by Meta. Missing the social connection and my account has been permanently disabled.

After 15 years using it I'm feeling very lost and disconnected 

• Like 1
mumofboys
55 minutes ago, morrix said:

Can you sign up with a new email address?

I've tried. It got suspended then permanently disabled as it went against community standards

I’m sorry that you got kicked out of FB, OP.  I rarely use it anymore, really only the Messenger app to stay in touch with family overseas. One of my sisters switched to Signal but I’m not sure what that’s like: we still communicate via home phone.

Are any of these helpful?

https://www.lifewire.com/best-alternatives-to-facebook-5116825

Then of course there are forums such as this one and lately it seems that people are returning to forums.

I've used Signal, it's not too bad, much like Whatsapp was in its early days. So I imagine if it gets more users it will get better upgrades

I was just sick of Meta taking over everything 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

I'm pretty sure you can browse and join public Discord groups. But someone correct me if I'm wrong because I'm only in invite ones.

mumofboys
1 hour ago, Elmo said:

I've used Signal, it's not too bad, much like Whatsapp was in its early days. So I imagine if it gets more users it will get better upgrades

I was just sick of Meta taking over everything 

It's hard when I've been using fb for 1 years and instagram for the last 7-8 years. Now I can't use fb, insta or messages. Kicked out of all.

2 minutes ago, mumofboys said:

It's hard when I've been using fb for 1 years and instagram for the last 7-8 years. Now I can't use fb, insta or messages. Kicked out of all.

What happened that made them disable your account? I don't have FB so don't know but maybe there's an appeals process?

• Like 1
mumofboys
27 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What happened that made them disable your account? I don't have FB so don't know but maybe there's an appeals process?

I asked a mums group for urgent help with severe nappy rash as he was howling in pain, put a pic up (covered all genital but showed the rash, then I went to delete the pic and amend post after tending to my oldest and disabled within 5-10 minutes (other people have posted similar in the previous week's so thought would be fine.)

(i was overwhelmed, stressed, 1 kid screaming and the other yelling)

All you can do is when your notified if disabled is click appeal and wait for them to give another message. I was denied. After that nothing can be done.

15 years of fb memories and photos, groups all gone 

• Surprised 2
  • Care 1
  • Crying 4
  • Sad 3
Chocolate Addict

Have you tried resetting your modem? Or maybe use a vpn?

I have never heard of total ban after one strike. I have had 24 hour bans and 7 day bans and over things worse than that.

• Like 1
mumofboys
4 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

Have you tried resetting your modem? Or maybe use a vpn?

I have never heard of total ban after one strike. I have had 24 hour bans and 7 day bans and over things worse than that.

It said my account has been permanently disabled 

Greenbean

It said my account has been permanently disabled 

Did you log the appeal with your full name and ID etc?

You could try directly emailing someone in Facebook Australia and appealing directly

• Like 2
Kiwi Bicycle

You won't be able to access your old account but simply get a new email ( Gmail or whatever) and just create an entirely new account. At least you can see FB and interact again. And don't rejoin that parenting group. 

• 100 1
mumofboys
Just now, Greenbean said:

You could try directly emailing someone in Facebook Australia and appealing directly

You click the appeal button in your account. Once denied you can no longer even get to account.

I've emailed the support team and appeal team but I've read it does t change anything

• Like 1
mumofboys
1 minute ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

You won't be able to access your old account but simply get a new email ( Gmail or whatever) and just create an entirely new account. At least you can see FB and interact again. And don't rejoin that parenting group. 

Can I put up a pic of myself for my profile?

7 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

This happened to me, no strike just an instant permanent ban with no explanation. I assume a vexatious person reported me. Middle of COVID, living in Melbourne and lost my Facebook account. I attempted to appeal but didn't hear anything and apparently its only 30 days before the whole lot gets deleted. It was wild - they scrubbed every comment, everything I ever shared with family, private albums the lot. 

Made me very distrustful.

OP - I can use Facebook on the computer just not my phone. Made another account using a different email but cant use anything associated with my phone number. There is no real replacement for FB for local community groups. I like various forums and Reddit for social posts.

• 100 1
  • Surprised 2
  • Sad 3
Kiwi Bicycle

Can I put up a pic of myself for my profile?

You can do anything. Even give yourself another name. A lot of people I know use a nickname on FB, not their real name.

• 100 1

I’m really astonished that you were permanently banned for that lapse OP. It seems like complete overreach, particularly if you had no issues ever prior to that.

I really hope there is a way to appeal this, mainly because of the loss of all your photo memories. 

• Like 6
mumofboys
58 minutes ago, Greenbean said:

I couldn't find an Australian email to contact

s_mdn v2.0

Ugh FB/Meta are the pits tbh.

If it's not scrolling through pages upon pages upon pages of advertising just to see one friend's comment before more advertising,  it's just ridiculous notallmen and bs comments.

There's a couple of quality groups I'm in,  but some of them are so large now,  they're impersonal or just not private enough to feel safe in. 

I struggle with feeling safe enough here as it is, let alone in a FB group of 1000s.

And now they're just trawling all our stuff for Meta AI with no opt out option. I'm so keen to dld all my stuff and leave it for good. 

• Like 5
LifesGood

Talk about out of control big brother. Makes me even more glad I got off FB years ago. It's a cesspit.

I'm sorry you have gone through this OP.

• 100 1
Advertisement