IGNORED

The Active Collective

UnknownUser

UnknownUser

@jojonbeanie I used the shocked emoji but then when I think about, it doesn’t surprise me. Is it school holidays where you are? Because if it school holidays, and super busy I am impressed at people’s juggling capacity. My routine is a mess at the moment due to school holidays 🤣. I am fortunate that I have a pretty consistent schedule and that my RP studio releases class 8 weeks in advance, so I can book ahead. If I don’t my pack earlier enough (2 weeks), to book ahead, I may struggle. If I leave it a week prior I end up being on waitlist (but still typically end up getting into the class). I’ve been 8th on a waitlist once (10 beds per class) and I still got in. So much turnover. Well that was a complete tangent 🤣

So as suspected, lots of steps yesterday after RP. Today I’ve done a 5km run. Still haven’t reconnected the wifi to the treadmill so just did a manual flat at 10km/hr run. 

@littlebirdy I’m going to go with The Active Collective! If I can figure out how to change the title 🤣

@Blueskies12 exciting for your birthday. And great self present - it’s really a gift that keeps on giving! I love my ascics too. Brought the exact same pair because they are so comfy but supportive. Oh and the washing of the dog… that’s legitimately a workout in itself 🤣💪

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Walked to gym this Morning, did 15 min upper body weights and then a spin class. Walked home.

have also done some gardening and shopping so feeling a bit tired and like I want a nap

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I rode 48 minutes, forgot to check how many kms I rode, oh well…

I’m also on a super duper health kick, I don’t ever use the D word, for me my health is about lifestyle, healthy eating mostly from scrap and moderation.

I bought a beautiful dress from Humidity Lifestyle online but it’s a little tight around the middle.  I need to fit into this dress for Bali. Here’s a snap, isn’t it gorgeous. 🥰

IMG_6288.thumb.jpeg.45197933573c38ba3196796a2d721f7d.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 3

UnknownUser

@Dusty - definitely beautiful. I am always jealous of people being able to wear white. I am such a mess and poor laundry expertise. When is Bali? 

Nothing for me yesterday. Today was just RP. Tomorrow I have RP again and I must run. I have some appointments to juggle so hopefully I can pull it off 🤣

• Like 2

blackcat20

RP Thursday killed my calves, finally walking normally today. Double today with a weighted workout this morning and body balance tonight.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1

Blueskies12

That’s a beautiful dress @Dusty

I don’t like to use that word either, and am definitely trying to use it less abc less. I’d rather eat in moderation, eat well for my body and mental health and not shame myself. 

Well done on the double @blackcat20

I had cramps, hello that time of the month, but still managed a home workout, Caroline of course, only 35 mins or so but better than nothing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1km swim today while the kids played. Very broken effort as I still had to keep some kind of supervision happening but better than nothing. Entering week 3 of no running and am starting to get frustrated. I'll re-introduce some treadmill walks this week & hope I can get some jogging in. Need to start proper rehab too...

Oh and a 30 min ifit workout yesterday that DD begged me to put on then abandoned me 15 mins in lol. And then 15 mins Swiss Alps hiking with Rivs. 

Edited by Crombek
  • Like 4

kalanchoe

Yesterday I walked up to the studio with the kids & dog for my ‘PT session’ with DH. Managed to muddle through a cardio, strength & core workout. Wasn’t the best due to kids & barking dog.🙄 I’ll need to figure out a time that I can go by myself. School hols are tough so I’m glad I went anyway.

Then we went for a picnic & a nice walk in the botanic gardens. DS3 & I had read Alexander’s Outing by Pamela Allen & he wanted to find Alexander & the bottle tree from his book. We didn’t see Alexander but we saw the other places in the book & fed a massive eel!

I also took the dog for another little walk before dinner.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@UnknownUser lol I did spill beetroot on my striped shirt at the hospital last week, if course the beetroot landed on the white stripes 🤣

😎 I weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost half a kilo, probably shouldn’t have weighed myself, in a previous life I was a slave to the scales but oh well… 😎

UU in a couple of weeks, will you be in Bali at the same time by any chance?

I plan of riding after work today, DH is in the city today so home late and the kid is at her dad’s so perfect time for me to keep busy doing my own thing.

• Like 5

UnknownUser

@kalanchoe that sounds like a beautiful day 🥰 despite the interruptions during your exercise! @Dusty unfortunately not. We actually don’t have anymore holidays planned until next year. So I am living vicariously through EB and friends 🤣 There is a poster going to Africa tomorrow… I am intently watching the travel thread! 

RP for me this morning. Side splits and planking with shoulder extensions most intense for me. Heavy reverse lunges and flying splits most fun. 
Also did a 5km run afterwards. My running capacity is so low right now, I was very relieved to finish. Wonder how long it will take to get back into the swing of it. 

• Like 4

@UnknownUser your RP sounds brutal, enjoy 😉 

I won’t be posting about my Bali holiday, there’s only so much you can say about poolside mojitos 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

You will be posting photos though @Dusty? So we can have vicarious virtual mojitos? 

KiMax this morning - so many elbows. I've got some nice red rough patches on them lol. Love it so much, it's a shame I can only get to it during holidays. Off to the movies then will try a treadmill this evening, foot is a bit twingey today though. 

Edited because I have got to stop typing & posting while walking 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Crombek
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Hi...

I am attempting to back into a routine of exercise after the last few months and everything. So far I've actually managed my step goal each day for October and I've been back out walking. Though it's also hot hot hot, so you know... I did a quick upper body workout yesterday. Just 20mins with some dumbbells while watching TV. I am moving soon and I am really hoping to get a treadmill for Christmas so I can keep on top of exercise, even when it's stinking hot outside (yesterday it was still 34 and 60% humid at 5pm).

Goals for October

Step count (it's only 7500) each day

4-6kms walk 5 times a week

3-4 dumbbell workouts a week

• Like 4
  • Love 3

@Crombek are the classes on in the afternoon during kids extracurricular activities ferrying, or do you work school terms and the classes are late morning? Shame they don’t have any at a suitable time for you. Can you give them that feedback, that you’d love to attend ongoingly, any chance they can alter the schedule? Worst case they say no! 

Welcome back @CrankyM you should totally get a treadmill, as a well deserved reward for yourself! I don’t know how you manage exercise at al in those temps 💪 Do you still use PJ (I think you were one who used her videos, but I may have that confused) or simply self constructed workouts now? 

• Like 3

@UnknownUser I will go back to PJ, this was just weighted squats, arm curls and shoulder presses. The weather isn’t normally quite that bad but it’s been hot the last few weeks. A good sea breeze is normally blowing by then so that helps. Treadmill depends on space, I’m hoping I can fit it in. I will see after we have been in the new place for a few weeks. 

• Love 3

@UnknownUser yes it's only on once a week at my gym (at 9.15am on a workday for me) & I've not seen it anywhere else. They have a couple of other more general box fit classes I can get to, but KiMax is a far better workout with a far better playlist lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Crombek said:

@UnknownUser yes it's only on once a week at my gym (at 9.15am on a workday for me) & I've not seen it anywhere else. They have a couple of other more general box fit classes I can get to, but KiMax is a far better workout with a far better playlist lol. 

I would totally ask them to switch the day or offer it on other days too 👌

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UnknownUser said:

I would totally ask them to switch the day or offer it on other days too 👌

People have, many times. It's pretty much the only class this person takes and the only day she can do it. It's much easier for them to increase boxing because that seems to not need any particular qualifications. 

• Sad 2

I did it!!! 35 min jog with Knox in south africa with 2 short walk breaks. Used my ankle brace and the pain sat at about a 2/3 but no higher. And it doesnt hurt to walk on now while im wearing shoes. I'm stoked with that. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6

Yoga session and a meditation class yesterday. Today was jump reformer pilates. It was a great class with my favourite instructor but I was well down on my step count today.

• Like 5

@Crombek Good news! 

Just a walk for me yesterday. My normal 5km stretch. 
Oh and every time I see this thread as the Active Collective I keep thinking someone is referring to clothes…

• Haha 4

Despite DS getting cranky if I go to pilates after dinner, he pulled a sickie today so I can't go during my lunch break. I guess I'll be going tonight (and actually, I prefer the teacher but its usually too tricky).

• Fingers Crossed 1

Whoop whoop @Crombek! That is fantastic news. How did you pull up today?

@jojonbeanie is jump RP using the jump board attachment? I have only had a few classes which have utilised the jump board - I have found them to be a real cardio workout! 

How’d you go @blackcat20 - did you manage to duck out this evening to a class? Hope your DS is feeling better. 

Team sports for me today. First game back, puffed afterwards. Got a win so that’s always an extra positive. 

• Like 3

Advertisement