IGNORED

The Active Collective

UnknownUser

@Cstar you’re not alone, it’s so tough to stay motivated and enjoy what you’re doing.

There’s a few of us who enjoy Reformer Pilates, we all love it, even though it’s brutal.  I would suggest finding a studio that has super cheap trials.  My studio currently has a promotion 5 classes for $25, the trial packages are usually 5 classes for $50.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cstar said:

Thanks @Dustyyes I found a studio that does the $50 for 5 classes, do you mind sharing which studio is doing it for $25? 

I’ll pm you

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Last week I did 3x spin classes 2x reformer Pilates 1x pump and 2x runs. And a couple of walks at lunchtime. 

3 spin classes is too many I won’t do more than 2 a week in future. Would like to do more runs but that seems harder to fit in. Maybe once day light savings starts I will have more options.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

HypnicJerk

Are late commers welcome?

I have an OS travel goal that I am not fit enough to do.  The other day I decided to go for a walk each day, no excuses, next day I got home from work, reached under the table with my foot to get my sneaker and smacked my toes into the table leg.

I'm WFH today.  I start in an hour.  Off for a walk now (yesterday's walk DD decided to come, we got to the end of the street and the walk turned into us deciding to take her on her first driving lesson.)

• Like 4
  • Love 1

blackcat20

Dislocated my kneecap last Monday after body balance. Physio gave me the OK to do RP on wednesday, completed my weeks workouts as planned. Still a bit tender but returned to body balance last night, not sure how the teacher felt when I told her 😂

• Care 4

Blueskies12

Welcome @HypnicJerk. I love newcomers!

thank you all who told me about Caroline Girvan on YouTube. I love her! And I love the length, usually about 35 mins. I can do it at home, the kids can be doing their thing/playing. And it doesn’t cost me a cent. I’m trying to do three workouts a week, a couple of hers and a bike ride/jog. I take my hat off to you that are doing more. It does really help my mental health.

• Like 2

blackcat20
11 minutes ago, Blueskies12 said:

Hope your knee is feeling better soon @blackcat20 that would be very painful 

Surprisingly its not that bad. It doesn't hurt when it happens, but there is some aching that comes and goes for a while afterwards. Its not my first time either.

• Care 1

UnknownUser

@littlebirdy how’s your shoulder going? That sounds like a rather significant injury!

@Cstar I am another who absolute loves reformer pilates (RP). I have a friend who is a physio and she recommends RP over straight pilates to everyone. There is greater resistance and weights within RP, so particularly important for women as we age. Which area are you in roughly? I know of a few places that also do the 5 for $50 too. Do a few of them at different studios and you can test it for a few months on the cheaper end! 

@Elfie34 I am so excited for daylight saving too 🥰 Though not going to lie, yesterday morning I had a 6am RP class and it was lovely and light when I was headed. 

@HypnicJerk late comers always welcome! How’d your foot pull up after hitting it? What is your goal for overseas, if you don’t mind sharing? 

@Blueskies12 that’s great you have found another option for at home workouts! I am another that has seen major improvements in my mental health when I am active. 

@blackcat20 glad your feeling better with the knee. And have been able to adapt your sessions to still safely to your work outs 👏

I have been continuing to maintain my RP x3 and team sports once a week. But only 2 runs a week for the past two weeks (which is a marked improvement on what I had been doing the month prior!). Kids are on school holidays now so adding the 3rd run in may be a challenge. Will try to close out the month on a high though. Team sports pauses over school holidays so I don’t have that. Should prioritise a run that night to see me over the line 😜

• Like 3
  • Love 3

@HypnicJerk welcome 🤗 

Just the usual brutal RP for me.

Last Friday was bloody awful, pushing through the pain barrier is rank-o-reeno 

My DD 21 joined me this afternoon, yay I could use her PHI and enjoy $40 off the class.

• Like 3

littlebirdy

Well done @UnknownUser! Sounds like you have had a great month. My shoulder is still not great but definitely improved. I can't do much though, even putting my jacket on is hard some days. I have been walking on the treadmill and yesterday I added in some jogs too. Just on 8km/hr, I worry about moving my arms too much. I would like to start reformer again one day.

Welcome @HypnicJerk!

Good on you for getting through a tough session @Dusty and yay to using your DD's PHI!

Ouch @blackcat20 that sounds very painful.

@Blueskies12 I'll have to check out Caroline Girvan, sounds good 👍

Well done @Elfie34!

• Care 4

littlebirdy
33 minutes ago, UnknownUser said:

@littlebirdy oh dear 😢 apologies if you’ve said already - do you know exactly what the problem is? 

It is annoying because I basically just woke up and it was out. Could have been the strength session I did the day before, but I didn't notice anything twinge. I had bursitis in this shoulder 5-6 years ago, plus tennis elbow on the same side, so my right shoulder has been a bit tricky since then. Osteo thinks tendonitis and inflammation in the rotator cuff. I'm finding it very frustrating because I just want to do stuff and it has been 4 weeks now.

• Care 3

UnknownUser

@littlebirdy could you get an ultrasound to confirm - to ensure the rehab program you’re on is the right fit? I guess the fact that it is improving is a positive sign though! Hope it continues in that trajectory. And that weather gets a bit warmer for you, so you don’t have to put on extra layers. 

(the bit warmer comment is also for my own selfish reasons 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Today I pushed my now very heavy pram (about 38kg with DS3 & my lazy puppy riding underneath) up the hill to school drop off & then did my mini cardio & strength circuit at the gym. 10 calories on every cardio machine with TRX rows & squats in between each one. Walked back home after the gym & then back up to school for pick up time, and then took the pup for another walk with DS1 this arvo.

IMG_0419.jpeg

Edited by kalanchoe
  • Like 1
  • Love 3

Blueskies12

Your pup sounds cute @kalanchoeand clearly has personality! How is your pup fitting in?

go easy on yourself @littlebirdy. You have had a lot on your shoulders physically and emotionally. With your rehab, do you find its getting better?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UnknownUser

@kalanchoe the love reaction is for every part of your post. The pup, and walking in what looks like glorious weather and the work out. Excellent day! 

• Like 1

littlebirdy

Thanks @UnknownUser & @Blueskies12 I have been seeing the osteo weekly but I don't find her very good in giving me exercises to do, things not to do etc 🤔 Next time I need an osteo I am going to try a different one, especially since this one doesn't work on my day off so it makes it harder to get there.

Cute pup @kalanchoe!

• Like 2
  • Care 1

HypnicJerk
On 24/09/2024 at 5:48 PM, UnknownUser said:

@HypnicJerk late comers always welcome! How’d your foot pull up after hitting it? What is your goal for overseas, if you don’t mind sharing? 

The  is fine now thanks.

My OS goal isn't anything grand.  I'm eyeing off trips to central asia and they generally involve a few days of bush/moutain walking of around 5hrs.  I can do this now, but I'm slow and I want to be able to do it with more energy stores so I can focus more on my surrounds and less on pysically being able to do it.

Has anyone tried the wall pilates program that's doing the rounds on facebook?

• Like 3
  • Love 1

littlebirdy

Sounds like a great holiday @HypnicJerk!

I have just been walking, mostly on the treadmill, but went for a lovely hill walk yesterday and today. Nice to finally get some sunshine!

• Like 3

blackcat20

I want to get back to walking now the weather is improving. Hard to find time though and I feel guilty bailing on DH and the kids multiple evenings.

• Like 3
  • Care 1

Feels like ages since I popped in here. September is unfortunately a complete slog of a month for me but I've been keeping sort of on track.

Unfortunately I have managed to injure my good foot now 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ with the exact same tendon issue I've spent 3 years managing on the other. I'm pretty sure it was due to running approx 900km in my shoes when I knew they needed changing. So I've only been walking on the treadmill for 2 weeks, I physically can't bounce off for a running movement. And it's nice and puffy. 

A question - does anyone here take creatine? I've been taking it for a few months at 5mg and I swear the bloat is real. Either that or I'm gaining weight despite not eating more? And unlike everyone raves about I'm not feeling any extra strength, in fact I often feel weaker & generally unwell.

Had all my bloods done & all are fine.

• Like 1
  • Care 2

Advertisement