IGNORED

The Active Collective

UnknownUser

14 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I do quite like the oblique ones too, they remind me of oblique crunches from the 90’s lol

I cannot for the life of me do the ones the other way though, with hands on the bar & feet through the headrest.

I managed 2 full parakeets this week and my instructor cheered like I'd just learned to walk. I love her. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Blueskies12 said:

Sounds silly but how did you know you had pelvic instability @Elfie34?

@kalanchoe oh yes puppy pics are always welcome!!

I have always struggled with a weak core, and poor posture. I should see a physio to get some help too.

I’m hoping DH can take the kids in the morning so I can do a workout before work. Either a jog to the beach or a Caroline Girvan workout

It was diagnosed during my first pregnancy. By a Physio. It started as glute pain and I was working with my yoga teacher to try and do more stretches (stupidly). Women’s Physio put a stop to that and I had to wear a belt and not spread my legs. It mostly went away after I had the kids but has come back this year, again confirmed Via Physio after ruling a bunch of other stuff out. It gets worse if I do too much stretching or hip opening things. 

• Care 2

6 minutes ago, Crombek said:

I cannot for the life of me do the ones the other way though, with hands on the bar & feet through the headrest.

I managed 2 full parakeets this week and my instructor cheered like I'd just learned to walk. I love her. 

What’s a parakeet?

47 minutes ago, Dusty said:

What’s a parakeet?

This. Although my instructor guides the bar & has me go all the way down & through before going up again. And I don't do the single leg version.

• Like 2

@Crombek wow that’s amazing.  

Thankfully my studio doesn’t have the frames on their platforms, just the beds.

Today is a rest day 

• Like 1

Trainers who tell you you're going for a recovery jog and then take you up a mountain in the first 20 mins are liar, liar pants on fire-ers

20240906_204157.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Did a spin class yesterday and walked to and from the gym so that another 30 min walk as well.

am currently having a tea and psyching myself up for a run

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Ended up with an 8.1km run, longest I’ve managed in about 3 years. My ankle is holding uP ok even after standing most of the day cooking and running around children

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Blueskies12

I did my 3 sessions last week. I’ll need to do another 3 this week to stay on track. I did weed garden and then have a bit of tennis with the kids. I’m not counting it as 1, but it feels good to be active

• Like 1
  • Love 1

35km for me this week, my legs are beat. I'm starting to struggle holding zone 2 because it feels so unproductive if I'm not wheezing. I need to learn to trust the process. 

I skipped Monday core session but did RP & boxing. 

• Like 3

blackcat20

Thursday RP really killed my triceps 😂 I managed a weights session Saturday but it was pretty ouch.

Back to daily workouts today and a body balance class.

• Like 3

jojonbeanie

I’m back after a few very slack months. Sadly my gym has employed a complete idiot to take the Monday night reformer pilates class I love so last night when I realised she was on I excused myself, spent 30 minutes complaining about her to management, did 30 minutes on the exercise bike to calm down and then a very peaceful yoga class.

• Sad 4

Yesterday: Pushed pram up to school drop off & did my little cardio circuit at the gym.

Today: pushed pram up to school drop off & then did a big walk to DS1’s ADHD appointment & back home again. My steps are at 10,775 but I’ll also take the pup for a walk this afternoon.

Hopefully the dog & DS3 behave long enough for me to use the gym during my client free window morning.🤞🏼

• Like 2

jojonbeanie
40 minutes ago, kalanchoe said:

Today: pushed pram up to school drop off & then did a big walk to DS1’s ADHD appointment & back home again. My steps are at 10,775 but I’ll also take the pup for a walk this 

My current steps for today are 151. You appear to be winning. In my defence, I have finished a rather lengthy book today.

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, jojonbeanie said:

My current steps for today are 151. You appear to be winning. In my defence, I have finished a rather lengthy book today.

I would have preferred to be reading a book today.🤓

@jojonbeanie I 💯 agree with you about twat trainers, part of the magic of enjoying your exercise is vibing with your trainer. 

And on that, I’ve just finished RP with my favorite torturer 🥰

Today I was doing more ‘normal’ type exercises, stuff that you include in a group setting.  I like to think I’m very good at Table Top exercises 😎

Also admit… I did fruck all riding this week, oops

• Like 1

blackcat20

Body Balance on Monday aggravated my left hip, same as last week. Hopefully settles in a day or two. Slacked off yesterday because birthday, though did walk to lunch and back. Tonight RP, glad I booked a PM class because DS is still home sick.

• Care 2

I’ve had a long day so cancelled my gym class (was going to do pump). I’ve done 15k steps anyway just walking around so I’m pooped enough 

• Like 2

Anyone with young kids(under 5( able to share some times on how to fitnin workouts.

Between looking after a 4½yo and 16mo and working part time I'm finding it hard 

• Care 1

blackcat20
1 hour ago, mumofboys said:

Anyone with young kids(under 5(able to share some times on how to fitnin workouts.

Between looking after a 4½yo and 16mo and working part time I'm finding it hard 

I often do mine once they are in bed, so 8pm or so.

UnknownUser

@Dusty for some reason I read that as Table Top dancing 🤣. My instructors always say legs in table top, but now every time the day that I am going to imagine you dancing on a table… with perfect technique of course! 

@mumofboys no effective suggestions from me. Only sympathy. I also struggled when my kids were younger. Hope you can find what works for you. 

I am struggling to get my runs happening. Maintaining RP x3 a week and team sports but runs are absent. Think I need to pause the program I am doing (an advanced one) and just go back to running a basic (read flat incline and consistent, comfortable pace). Because I’m not running much, when I do the sessions is uncomfortable so making me not want to run. Worsening the cycle. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

littlebirdy

My shoulder is still injured so I haven't been able to do anything 🙁 then I also did something to my neck on the other side, plus the pain referring down from my shoulder to my arm & hand 😬 I have also been working ridiculously long hours with a freelance job on top of my actual job - all of which is not helping me rest and heal. I've finished that job now so I hope to be able to start even just walking again.

• Care 2

I’m sorry @littlebirdy it’s a mind game when you can’t train bc of injury, please take care of yourself.

RP was absolutely brutal last night,  today I rode and did my usual numbers. 

This mother hen is starting to worry about the self esteem of the girls on DCC (Netflix)

• Thanks 1

I’m having a hard time with exercise at the moment, hoping you guys can help.

I’ve been doing HIIT classes and pump classes for years now and I’m so over it all, I went away for 2 months and did nothing really, I needed the break. 

I’ve come back and thought I’d try doing weights/treadmill at the gym, OMG NO that is not for me, hated every minute of it.

I’ve decided to try Pilates, is this enough plus going for daily walks? I don’t want to bulk up or anything like that. Im 52 years old I basically want to stay fit and healthy as I age. 

I need to enjoy what I do otherwise I won’t keep going, I also need someone to tell me what to do, that’s why classes were good for me, I don’t have self discipline to go into the gym and do weights and what not, I also find that very boring. 

any advice would be appreciated, thanks x 

• Care 3

Advertisement