IGNORED

The Active Collective

UnknownUser

UnknownUser

August flew by and we made it to September already. 
August is back here: 

But we are onwards and upwards into September peeps!! 

Edited by UnknownUser
Updated thread title
  • Like 1

UnknownUser

This thread is a little quieter now…

Hope we will all start popping back in more/again. I love this space. Wonder if it’s easier to just have it as an Active thread that isn’t tied to the month? 

I’ll still do monthly goals, because that’s what my head needs. But not sure we need new thread each month. 

• Like 2

Puddleduck

I have been missing from these threads for a few months and am keen to get back into it.

Aiming for at least 12000 steps every work day and 10000 for non work days. Also doing a couple of workout videos each week.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

I did a reformer Pilates class and 20 min on the elliptical today.

am aiming for 2-3 reformer and 2-3 cardio. Cardio is a mix of spin classes and outdoor runs. 

also aiming for >10000 steps daily (so walks at lunchtime if I am not doing a cardio session) and my Physio exercises every day (ankle and pelvic instability issues)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

kalanchoe

I finally got back to the gym today! It’s been absolutely ages due to our new puppy & never ending illnesses from daycare.

This morning I pushed the pram up to school & preschool drop off, then went to the gym where pup slept under my desk long enough for me to do 500m on the waterrower, 40 calories on the concept2 bike, TRX rows & squats.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@UnknownUser I don’t mind scraping the monthly thread either. The regulars are familiar with my goals and exercise routines.  I really enjoy posting in here as I like to chat about exercise and I love hearing what everyone does to be fit and strong.

For me,  I’m trying to create a consistent pattern for cardio, riding or rowing at least 3 times a week plus my 2 RP sessions.

So… to trick my brain into this happening I’ve created a lovely space in the back bedroom.  The space has to be attractive for me to want to be in it otherwise I won’t go into the room (other than to WFM) as it would be stressful and not enjoyable.  The next step is re-painting it 😊

• Love 3

UnknownUser

@kalanchoe posting puppy pics when they attend your active sessions are a requirement, please 😜

@Elfie34 you’ve got great system! Is the instability longstanding/permanent and the exercises are about maintenance or are you seeing improvements and things may resolve once muscles strengthen? 

@Dusty what is WFM?? You are definitely back on the bike (see what I did there 🤣) so the redesign is paying off 👏

• Like 3

Another 1/2 hour ride, usual stats and I finished the first ep of Dallas Cheersleaders.

I have RP soon

I’m happy with that.

Edited by Dusty
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello! Hope it's okay to join in. 

I've had a run of health stuff lately (flu and gastro etc etc) and have lost my exercise mojo completely so thought I'd post in here to try and help me get back into it. 

Only small goals but I want to do my EP exercises every day. Plus 1 EP session each week.  Anything on top of that will be a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

@UnknownUser I am hyper mobile and have some ankle damage that is >20 years old (thank you netball) so it is a forever issue (have seen a surgeon but trying to Avoid a full reconstruction). I am hoping that strengthening things will allow me to do more, but am still working out my pelvic instability- it seems hormonal related so I am worried it will get worse as I enter perimenopause (I am 44). It certainly was pretty terrible when I was pregnant. Have noticed certain stretches make it worse but haven’t worked it all out yet. 

• Care 2

14 minutes ago, Elfie34 said:

@UnknownUser I am hyper mobile and have some ankle damage that is >20 years old (thank you netball) so it is a forever issue (have seen a surgeon but trying to Avoid a full reconstruction). I am hoping that strengthening things will allow me to do more, but am still working out my pelvic instability- it seems hormonal related so I am worried it will get worse as I enter perimenopause (I am 44). It certainly was pretty terrible when I was pregnant. Have noticed certain stretches make it worse but haven’t worked it all out yet. 

Oh hey, you sound just like me. Although my ankle damage is more recent & not at surgery stage. My pilates instructor has got me using functional footprints each session. It's crazy how hard it is just to balance & use the proper core & movement patters for external rotation work! Literally just turning my foot out makes my entire abdominals burn.

Thanks @UnknownUser for starting this, I too don't mind if a general one is easier. 

Im still shuffling along with the same goals, managed 130 very slow km for August & an average of 2x gym & RP each week. Some weeks a bit less. 

Have had my first women's health appointment & have a raft of bloods to do. Good news is I'm not miraculously pregnant! 

I'm looking forward to warmer days where hopefully I can get outside for a few runs. Treadmill in the dark in the cold garage has killed my love of running good and proper this winter. 

• Care 2

@Crombek I dislike running on treadmills. I actually rather enjoy running outside in winter despite the cold. In summer I overheat too easily and so need to get out pretty early before the sun is too strong. The benefit I suppose is that you can use a treadmill at night (I would never run at night outside, that is a guarantee for me to have a fall and injury).
I used to do zwift on my bike in the garage during the covid lock down years and I can’t do that anymore, it’s too isolating and our garage is kind of gross. In a gym spin class at least I have someone yelling at me to pedal harder (although I hate the music). 

• Like 2

@Elfie34 the murder bike is my most loathed piece of exercise equipment. I hate it. I flat out refuse to do RPM with friends lol, or go on family bike rides. I think it's a floppy hip thing? 

• Like 1

UnknownUser
2 hours ago, Dusty said:

Another 1/2 hour ride, usual stats and I finished the first ep of Dallas Cheersleaders.

I have RP soon

I’m happy with that.

Multitasking at its best 💪

@Mooguru - yes certainly welcome to join! This place definitely keeps me accountable. And everyone is so encouraging. 

Sorry to hear @Elfie34. Sounds like you are doing everything you can to manage effectively. 

You’re so right about correct positioning / body alignment @Crombek. Today we did some weird and wonderful side planking exercise and by golly the burn once the instructor set me up proper 🤯. Like you, I am looking forward to the sunshine for some outdoor runs. Today I picked a walk with a friend in the beautiful sun over the treadmill run. 

Edited by UnknownUser
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, UnknownUser said:

Multitasking at its best 💪

I got this shit sorted

Welcome @Elfie34 & @Mooguru 

Welcome back @Puddleduck

RP was brutal, scooters and then lunges with the TRX straps until my legs dropped off!

Another torture - on all fours, knees resting against the shoulders, hands out forward on the frame and then you hold yourself in position with your arms directly under your shoulders and do pulses, not too bad but narh let’s mix it up with one leg extended as well! Fark…. Remember your technique, your hips mustn’t move at all, no dipping your hip my dear!

Chatting about RPM classes, I remember my super tough police officer instructor yelling at my DH to go harder, he was not impressed and never went back. ☹️

Edited by Dusty
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Crombek said:

@Elfie34 the murder bike is my most loathed piece of exercise equipment. I hate it. I flat out refuse to do RPM with friends lol, or go on family bike rides. I think it's a floppy hip thing? 

My Physio said it should help with strengthening my glutes but I have noticed some  increase to the pelvic pain lately after it so maybe it isn’t doing so . I’ll ask her tomorrow at My physio appointment

• Like 1
  • Care 1

@Dustythat kneeling position moves in RP is torture for me too but mostly due to my ridiculous pelvis and lack of glute muscles. 

• Care 1

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

I got this shit sorted

Welcome @Elfie34 & @Mooguru 

Welcome back @Puddleduck

RP was brutal, scooters and then lunges with the TRX straps until my legs dropped off!

Another torture - on all fours, knees resting against the shoulders, hands out forward on the frame and then you hold yourself in position with your arms directly under your shoulders and do pulses, not too bad but narh let’s mix it up with one leg extended as well! Fark…. Remember your technique, your hips mustn’t move at all, no dipping your hip my dear!

Chatting about RPM classes, I remember my super tough police officer instructor yelling at my DH to go harder, he was not impressed and never went back. ☹️

I love those! And the similar oblique ones where both hands are on the same side of the frame.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crombek said:

I love those! And the similar oblique ones where both hands are on the same side of the frame.  

I do quite like the oblique ones too, they remind me of oblique crunches from the 90’s lol

Blueskies12

Sounds silly but how did you know you had pelvic instability @Elfie34?

@kalanchoe oh yes puppy pics are always welcome!!

I have always struggled with a weak core, and poor posture. I should see a physio to get some help too.

I’m hoping DH can take the kids in the morning so I can do a workout before work. Either a jog to the beach or a Caroline Girvan workout

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Advertisement