IGNORED

"Feminist thought does not insist that women should behave like men or the weak should become the powerful, feminism asks that the weak be treated with dignity as they are"

LunaFreya

purplekitty
3 minutes ago, Crombek said:

Wait, what? Who thinks that? Second wave feminist were vitally important for getting us onto the chess board in the first place. And I don't think it's anti-feminist to acknowledge that we're still playing a rigged game and that maybe the way forward isn't to keep slogging out for check, counter move, check, but to chuck the board off the table and start playing draughts instead.

Without second wave feminism there wouldn't be a hope in hell of even contemplating a different future. 

Eta: I don't know how to play chess. Bet you could never tell. 

Just remembering the many,many feminist threads on here.

We're playing chess and draughts while the men are nuking us ( or trying to) from space.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

From todays Australian.  I cant read the article because I refuse to support Murdoch, but this headline has infuriated me.  I'm guessing the article is something along the lines of 'girls should be home with babies'? May be an image of 9 people, street, crowd and text

• Sick 1

Eewwwww. What an awful article. I don’t even know where to begin. 
So young women who feel strongly enough to protest about something are just bored and doing it for attention? Fark me. What a load of BS. Who is the author? They are the ones missing a sense of purpose in their life.

I can’t even. 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

1 minute ago, LemonMyrtle said:

Eewwwww. What an awful article. I don’t even know where to begin. 
So young women who feel strongly enough to protest about something are just bored and doing it for attention? Fark me. What a load of BS. Who is the author? They are the ones missing a sense of purpose in their life.

I can’t even. 

Don't forget the 'it's such a shame because she's so pretty and pure' angle too.  

• Sick 6

Just now, Meepy said:

Totes agree.  I do find the picture that started the rant abhorrent.

That’s what the author is relying on. “If you hate this image, then you must agree with my stupid article that generalises it, and links it to a dozen completely unrelated things”. It’s such terrible journalism. I really hope people aren’t stupid enough to fall for it. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

41 minutes ago, purplekitty said:

I had to have a look to see who wrote it.

Gemma Tognini,no surprises there.

I hadnt heard of her so looked her up. She has an Israeli flag as her x profile banner. And spouting nonsense about failed aborted babies being denied lifesaving care. Eww.

• Like 3

We should each bring to collaborations whatever we have. 
DS just finished a college team race. The event was bad timing for one of his female team members, so he carried TWO backpacks (his and hers) for 70km and over 12 hours. Their team of four finished really strongly and placed very well (not giving specific details for identifying reasons).

Edited by Sincerely
  • Like 2

What a pile of racist, patronising, misogynistic crap that was. She gets paid to write that shit, and editors choose to publish it? WTF?

• Like 4

“When it comes to solutions, my cupboard is empty right now.”

Then what are you only another “protest cosplayer”? 🥱

• Like 1
  • 100 1

5 hours ago, purplekitty said:

I had to have a look to see who wrote it.

Gemma Tognini,no surprises there.

She's also written fearmongering stuff about trans people...and lots of material mocking supposedly "woke" people, all while popping up in right-wing corners of the universe. Yuck. 

• Like 1
  • Sick 2

nom_de_plume

I feel like asking her 'what is it about Millennial and Gen Z men that make them so predisposed to swallowing the red pill, incel, Andrew Tate agenda?' Why aren't they being held to account for failing to protest against something meaningful like, oh I don't know, women not being killed by their intimate partners?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

LunaFreya
17 hours ago, Sass78 said:

She's also written fearmongering stuff about trans people...and lots of material mocking supposedly "woke" people, all while popping up in right-wing corners of the universe. Yuck. 

Women like that often have a rude awakening when they realise that men don’t respect them did their guess and just see them as pieces of meat

Advertisement