IGNORED

Earthquake in NSW

Mantis

Iamferalz

Yes I did.  I heard a grumbling and felt a slight vibration and I was puzzled, because I couldn’t see anything outside.   Makes sense now!

• Like 1

Lizzybirdsworth

My whole house shook. I said to dh did you feel that. He said it was probably wind. Wind doesn’t make your house shake!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lizzybirdsworth said:

My whole house shook. I said to dh did you feel that. He said it was probably wind. Wind doesn’t make your house shake!

I don't know about that. If I have a bowl of lentil soup it might.

• Haha 8

Yes the house rattled and a door slammed shut and I couldn't work it out because it wasn't even windy outside!?

Thought that's weird and carried on then later a friend posted about it

Seayork2002
3 minutes ago, LifesGood said:

Nope. I think I live not far from @Seayork2002 and nothing here either. 

Mind you I slept through one that shook the house in the UK years ago so I am not the best judge of them 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Seayork2002 there was one in or near Canberra when I was a 2 year old. It woke myself and my sister up, we went running to mum and dad. The beds moved an inch or so from the wall, my brother slept right through it!

• Like 1

Ernegirl

Didn’t notice. Bit miffed after missing the auroras. Can only assume I’ll have ringside seats for the alien invasion.

• Haha 4

Lesley225

After saying it was felt in Newcastle I checked the time and I would have been driving to buy lunch so it might have just felt like I went over a bump.   Nothing  looking out of place at home.  I'm a bit over 110 km away.  

Missed feeling the Newcastle earthquake as I'd been to Mudgee to see Crowded House and hadn't got home till 3.30 am in Dubbo.  I'd been in Newcastle two days before.

Julie3Girls

I’m in port stephens, apparently it was felt, and further out than me, but I didn’t notice anything. I was curled up, half asleep on the lounge binge watching tv.

I did have the earthquake experience with the Newcastle earthquake, that I definitely felt, out bike riding with a friend.

Also in Port Stephens visiting family - didn’t notice anything!

At the same family home as I was for the Newcastle earthquake - definitely felt that one and saw the ground rippling and our freestanding brick fireplace swaying ( closely followed by phone calls from my friends telling me to meet them at the beach because waves 😂 ..).

Didn’t notice anything today.. 

• 2 weeks later...
Lesley225

My windows rattle in the wind which they were last night but I was asleep at the time of the earthquake.  

Advertisement