IGNORED

Accessorise these please!

purpleduck

purpleduck

I’m an earring person…..

I’m a necklace person….

I’m not really a bracelet person….they annoy me :ninja:

I love glass earrings, and have had much joy and success hunting for them at op shops :grin: 

I like it when the colours in the earrings complement the clothes and scarves/pashminas that I am wearing. I can wear both silver and gold. 

My challenge is….. I feel like I want to wear a necklace that complements the earrings without them being a matchy matchy set…

How would you do this? Kind of like a capsule wardrobe but for jewellery, I’d love to have some pendants or more detailed necklaces that go with more than one pair of earrings. 

This website has a lot of the style of earrings that I have - so I guess Murano glass bead styles, and not just the beads, but the other shapes too, so not just a bunch of balls :ninja: 

https://www.thejewellerytree.com.au/collections/glass-earrings?page=1&sort_by=title-ascending

Thank you 🙂

Ernegirl

I’ve seen lovely glass bead necklaces with silver tassel chains, quite bohemian. Maybe a similar chain with an alternative pendant to glass if it’s too matchy. Otherwise I think structured or abstract necklaces would be a nice contrast to the dare I actually say demure* (!) earrings.

*see today’s venting thread.

783DBC50-33FF-4CFD-8FBD-E937F20D77AE.webp

5D9C1460-6BEE-475F-BF0C-858E7D390A96.jpeg

• Like 4

purpleduck

Yes, they can be quite “demure” :lol: 

That’s one of the reasons that I like them, plus they have enough weight to feel substantial and not too “cheap”, and they have just gorgeous colours that can be subtle or bold 

I’m not a huge fan of most things asymmetrical in jewellery, so necklaces would need to be a bit less “artistic” than that pic…. 

Might need to have a browse a bit more, definitely like the idea of mixed beads/crystals/materials, just trying to figure out if there is a pre-made solution so I don’t have to search too much…

• Like 1

purpleduck

@Bethlehem Yeah, I could do that :) That would work well with the non-Murano style earrings I have.

I had a quick look at Etsy and have been inspired by some of the vintage items on there - at least if it gives me an idea to narrow my search, that helps!

This seller has some lovely earrings too 😍 (.....must.....not.....get.....distracted...... :ninja: )

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/1338500623/quality-vintage-earrings-blue-coro-judy

Are there any local handcraft markets near you? You might find someone who sells similar items that you can get a set from, or take your earrings to match with things they already have. 

Advertisement