IGNORED

Elon Musk

Yogaalaates

Yogaalaates
15 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

There has been a lot of something something happening to that face.

Punching?

• Haha 3

Paddlepop
8 minutes ago, Yogaalaates said:

Punching?

Unfortunately not. Violence is wrong and bad but I’m willing to make an exception for him.

How many children does he have now? 12 or 13? Five different mums. Three children with Grimes. 

• Angry 1

Moomintroll

I usually judge people by how they treat their children (if they have children). So in Elon's case he doesn't come up well. The stoopid names, the seeding his genetics all over the place while not being an actively involved father, his disgraceful treatment of daughter Vivian. Just the name of his son with Grimes tells me he sees his kids more as research projects than as people. 

• Like 5
  • 100 3

Paddlepop

@Moomintroll I think he’s been keeping the children away from Grimes against custody and visitation agreements. Grimes’ mum posted on Twitter about two weeks ago appealing for him to allow the children to see their dying great grandma.

• Crying 2
  • Angry 6
  • Sad 1

Yogaalaates
7 minutes ago, Paddlepop said:

Unfortunately not. Violence is wrong and bad but I’m willing to make an exception for him.

How many children does he have now? 12 or 13? Five different mums. Three children with Grimes. 

12. He has also been outspoken about the ‘right’ kind of people needing to have more children. 🤮

• Sick 9
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Kiwi Bicycle said:

Something I have said before

Elon Musk thinks he's Tony Stark/ Iron Man and will single handedly save the world from everything, including repopulating it.

Elon, it's fantasy. Not real life.

That is exactly it. 

And when something comes between him and that fantasy, like the cave diver, well look out. 

1 hour ago, STBG 2 said:

Oh yes, I recall that now. 😡

I would rather drive a horse and cart than ever drive a Tesla.

Yeah there's an awful lot of people who say they are outraged about certain topics yet their actions show they are happily funding him by buying Teslas. 

• Like 5

MerryMadigralMadge
53 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

I am not one for picking on appearances but has he had shed loads of work done on his face? Cos he is very weird looking, or is that cos he is part alien? 😛

I certainly understand why some of his kids have distanced themselves from him, well, at least one of them.

hair transplants at the very least. 

• Like 1

He is absolutely vile. 

There's so much about him that makes me sick that I would be here all night typing away. Some of the things that are particularly revolting:

He promotes disinformation so willingly. 

He is fuelled by his deep, deep hatred of trans people. 

He has turned Twitter into a cesspool of conspiracy theories and hate speech and has provided a safe haven for neo-Nazis, anti-trans activists and other assorted bigots. 

He appears to be an "Aspie supremacist" (more on that here, if you aren't familiar with the term). 

Yuck. 

• Sick 3
  • Angry 1

dianalynch

DH still hasn’t upgraded his car (well, technically our second car, but for some inexplicable reason, I have first dibs on the new car) as he wants an EV, Tesla offers a pretty good deal, but he hates Musk. So he’s driving a 15 year old Volvo. I point out there are other EVs, but DH hates car research and deciding on a car almost as much as he hates Musk. 

I wonder if I had 12 kids to 5 different fathers what I’d be called on Twitter…. 🤔 or if I was a convicted felon with 5 kids to 3 fathers 

• Like 7

Moomintroll
17 minutes ago, Sass78 said:

He is absolutely vile. 

There's so much about him that makes me sick that I would be here all night typing away. Some of the things that are particularly revolting:

He promotes disinformation so willingly. 

He is fuelled by his deep, deep hatred of trans people. 

He has turned Twitter into a cesspool of conspiracy theories and hate speech and has provided a safe haven for neo-Nazis, anti-trans activists and other assorted bigots. 

He appears to be an "Aspie supremacist" (more on that here, if you aren't familiar with the term). 

Yuck. 

Really interesting article you linked. 

• Like 2
  • 100 1

51 minutes ago, Mooguru said:

Yeah there's an awful lot of people who say they are outraged about certain topics yet their actions show they are happily funding him by buying Teslas. 

I am not anti EV. I will probably own one sometime but it will be something else. I want his businesses to collapse around him.

• Like 4

Paddlepop

I caught a Tesla via Uber a few weeks ago. I had no idea how to open the frigging door. Once I was in it I didn’t feel safe. Once DD was in it with me I felt even less safe because my protective mum-ness kicked in. The entire roof was glass. No metal or plastic at all.

BYC is an EV brand that’s increasingly popular in my area. 

Edit: BYD not BYC. 

Edited by Paddlepop
  • Like 1

Lady Sybil Vimes
5 minutes ago, Paddlepop said:

I caught a Tesla via Uber a few weeks ago. I had no idea how to open the frigging door. Once I was in it I didn’t feel safe. Once DD was in it with me I felt even less safe because my protective mum-ness kicked in. The entire roof was glass. No metal or plastic at all.

The news story a while back about the woman who drove her Tesla into a body of water and drowned because the glass was not breakable by emergency services freaked me out. Even if Elon Musk vomited rainbows and unicorns I wouldn't be buying a Tesla.

• Surprised 4
  • Crying 3

magic_marker
8 minutes ago, Paddlepop said:

BYD - Build Your Dreams?

He's a weird person. I just see him as a giant troll now. I don't believe he really cares if anything he does makes profit or not. He is basically just playing power games with everyone and everything. He has the money to do whatever he likes and what he likes is shit stirring basically anyone and everyone. 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

WaitForMe

He is indeed weird, has some extremely weird views, and actions.

But he's also achieving some amazing things. Like Neuralink.

3 minutes ago, WaitForMe said:

He is indeed weird, has some extremely weird views, and actions.

But he's also achieving some amazing things. Like Neuralink.

Is he? Or is he misusing his influence to cause harm that wouldn't happen if he wasn't personally involved beyond financial donations?

https://www.reuters.com/technology/musks-neuralink-faces-federal-probe-employee-backlash-over-animal-tests-2022-12-05/

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Lady Sybil Vimes said:

The news story a while back about the woman who drove her Tesla into a body of water and drowned because the glass was not breakable by emergency services freaked me out. Even if Elon Musk vomited rainbows and unicorns I wouldn't be buying a Tesla.

I didn't know what emoticon to use. That is such a tragic story. I can understand why you are totally freaked out. That's one of those nightmares I have (trapped in a car, windows not breakable). That poor woman!

• Like 4

Paddlepop
20 minutes ago, magic_marker said:

BYD - Build Your Dreams?

Yes, that’s it. Got confused.

WaitForMe
30 minutes ago, Mooguru said:

Is he? Or is he misusing his influence to cause harm that wouldn't happen if he wasn't personally involved beyond financial donations?

https://www.reuters.com/technology/musks-neuralink-faces-federal-probe-employee-backlash-over-animal-tests-2022-12-05/

Thats sad if it turns out to be true. But Neuralink is still pretty amazing, which was my point. 

It would be nice if the people we hate or dislike, and for often valid reasons too, are also incompetent or even just average but its not how it works.

Unbreakable windows. We've learned all of this stuff through ICE cars. Why the hell do we have to learn it all again in EVs? They still seem in the process of testing to me, with insufficiently shielded batteries exploding from salt water and potholes and power that can still be running and actually start moving the car after crashes etc. You survive a mountain crash and then your car just gets itself moving and drives you over the edge.  But hey, it's innovative and Musk is a genius so yay, I guess. 

Edited by pelagic
  • Like 4
  • 100 1
  • Surprised 1

Chocolate Addict
4 hours ago, Paddlepop said:

@Moomintroll I think he’s been keeping the children away from Grimes against custody and visitation agreements. Grimes’ mum posted on Twitter about two weeks ago appealing for him to allow the children to see their dying great grandma.

I know so little, I had no clue he has 3 kids with Grimes , I thought it was 2 and no clue they had split up.

I have been in a telsa/uber, weird car but the owner was lovely and turned out to be a friend of my kids dad. 😛

Do these baby mama's find him attractive or like the idea of the hefty child support?

Greenbean

I think he has *some* visionary ideas and ambitions. I also think he's loony. I tipped him into the loony scale after he made the comments about the diver who rescued the Thai kids. I don't follow X or twitter so don't see all his crazy comments but not shocked to hear of any of them after that.

But if I had to choose my "least worst" billionaire between Elon and Rupert Murdoch I'd choose Elon. But that's only if I had to choose. 

• Like 1

Paddlepop
16 minutes ago, Greenbean said:

But if I had to choose my "least worst" billionaire between Elon and Rupert Murdoch I'd choose Elon. But that's only if I had to choose.

Give him time. A few more decades and he’ll be as bad as or worse than Murdoch. Probably worse.

• Like 2
  • 100 4

Advertisement