IGNORED

Possible early onset Alzheimer's disease

Twinmum2

IamtheMumma

That sucks. I'm sorry he was so dismissive. That isn't a reassuring visit. Do you have the option of finding another neuro?  

Here's a life altering diagnosis...possibly...maybe. Ooooo I want to kick him for you. 

• Like 2

Twinmum2

Thanks @IamtheMumma.  He is known for his lack of people skills but that's who I was referred to so that's where I went.  But I am definitely going to get a second opinion.  I also wanted to do some neuro psychological tests but they are hideously expensive so that's not going to happen.  

Chillipeppers
On 20/8/2024 at 6:45 PM, Twinmum2 said:

I'm doing ok - obsessively reading everything I can get my hands on though.  I had a moment last night when DH mentioned something about retirement and I thought "I'm probably not going to be here then..."  I didn't say it though because I'm trying not to stress him out.  

I started thinking about the future (way too early though I know) and realised if I need to go into aged care I won't be old enough for it so it will actually be NDIS instead.  Does anyone have any experience of this?  

You can enter into aged care prior to turning 65 as a younger person.

If you are under the age of 65 and not eligible – or yet to test your eligibility for the NDIS, and seeking access to permanent residential aged care, ability first Australia can support you to explore other options.

contact them on 1800 771 663.

Try not to think about this though as it’s highly likely that what’s come up in the scans is normal degeneration/calcification that happens as you age. What I do recommend is getting enduring power of attorney sorted now so if your husband has to make decisions in the future, it won’t be road block after road block.

good luck and thinking of you.

Edited by Chillipeppers
  • Like 5