IGNORED

The Block 2024

Dusty

Chocolate Addict

Another thing, they didn't finish their room, with him being a tradie yet Hadyn and Ricky finished theirs extremely well with one team member gone. So there really was no excuse for them not finishing.

*sorry if I get names wrong :)

• Like 5

Hills Mum Bec

They didn't finish because they spent way too much time on the floor plan drama.

• Like 4

SillySausage
8 hours ago, Dusty said:

Righteo, what did we think of the first reveals, and do we ask ourselves “is it Instagramable?!”

My favorite was Courtney and Grant’s bathroom, it was lovely, the only thing that wasn’t to my taste was the stone on the vanity, I felt it clashed with the other tiles, but what do I know…

Chris from TLC interiors is doing his recaps again,  it’s a funny little read.

https://www.tlcinteriors.com.au/news-media/the-block-2024-main-bathroom-reveals/

enjoy ☺️ 

Spot on with my thoughts, house 2 was my favourite but didn't like the benchtop.

And I want to live in a house, not instagram it! I don't even have instagram....

• Like 1

LemonMyrtle

I didn’t like the winners bathroom, I preferred 2nd place’s bathroom. 2nd place had nicer colours and a proper shower screen with door.

Interesting that they didn’t all do floor to ceiling tiling too. Is that out of fashion now? I like it, it’s practical for a wet room. And the boys light blue panelling looked awful, they should have just continued the tile all the way up.

i also hate all the dark antique brass look taps they’re all using. Reminds me of my in laws house. Their brass taps were from the 80s or something, lol.

• Like 2

Can we chat about the tiling choices? It’s a given Courtney & Grants tiles were lovely.

What did you think of house 5 Mimi & ?? tiles, personally I thought the blue subway tiles were just ok and I really didn’t think they suited the bigger 6x6 tiles.  It must be the lighting, I don’t know but the subways were cool and the 6x6 tiles looked warm.

I liked Ricky & Haydn finger tiles, they were a lovely green but yes I agree with @LemonMyrtle the vj wasn’t quite right, lucky paint can fix that hey.

I liked Jesse & Paige’s fish scale tiles too and the larger tiles complimented them too but that bath situation is problematic 🥴

Kylie & ?? black room hmmmmm…

and soz LM brass/bronze is back, we put in a new kitchen 18 months ago and my handles & tap ware are dark bronze.

• Like 1

LemonMyrtle
29 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Can we chat about the tiling choices? It’s a given Courtney & Grants tiles were lovely.

What did you think of house 5 Mimi & ?? tiles, personally I thought the blue subway tiles were just ok and I really didn’t think they suited the bigger 6x6 tiles.  It must be the lighting, I don’t know but the subways were cool and the 6x6 tiles looked warm.

I liked Ricky & Haydn finger tiles, they were a lovely green but yes I agree with @LemonMyrtle the vj wasn’t quite right, lucky paint can fix that hey.

I liked Jesse & Paige’s fish scale tiles too and the larger tiles complimented them too but that bath situation is problematic 🥴

and soz LM brass/bronze is back, we put in a new kitchen 18 months ago and my handles & tap ware are dark bronze.

Oh, I know they are in fashion, they’re everywhere, but for me they will forever scream “ancient suburban brick veneer that had a fancy renovation, 40 years ago” lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

LemonMyrtle

I thought a lot of the tiles clashed too. And did some bathrooms have three or four different wall finishes?? That’s too many. 
and wood stick panelling stuff, in a bathroom!!! Noooo #thingsdesignedbypeoplewhodonthavetocleanthem

even all those long skinny tiles, all I see is far far too much grout to scrub. 

Edited by LemonMyrtle
  • Like 1
  • 100 4

@LemonMyrtle I liked your hashtag, very funny.  You are so spot on regarding the grout cleaning.

Next year we’re renovating the en-suite, the wall tiles I’ve chosen are 1200 by 600 in calacutta, probably considered daggy and overdone like my shaker kitchen but like the KFC add… I don’t care, I love it!

(there will be brass knobbery and tap ware too 😎)

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

Hills Mum Bec
13 hours ago, STBG 2 said:

I am presuming Jesse and Paige are no longer together. She is horrible.

That rant she had about Jesse when she was alone in the car was just awful, there was so much hate & bitterness in that.

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

I agree.  Loved Mimi's & Christian's blue subway tiles but they did not suit the rest of the warm tones in the room.  I think Courtney & Grant's was the best bathroom because it was the only one where the tiles matched everything else (except for the black bathroom, but we won't go there, I'm way too old for nightclubs).

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Hills Mum Bec said:

Loved Mimi's & Christian's blue subway tiles but they did not suit the rest of the warm tones in the room. 

According to Shanna’s instagram post the blue & cream tiles are supposed to reflect the sky & beach.  Talk about a literal beachy theme 😋

• Like 1

Chocolate Addict

Haven't watched last nights yet.

I did stalk Paige's insta and she has posted lots of 'reminiscing' photos, the last 'recent' photo of them was 8 weeks ago.
Her page is public so not sneaking stalking. :) Didn't look at his.

33 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

Haven't watched last nights yet.

I did stalk Paige's insta and she has posted lots of 'reminiscing' photos, the last 'recent' photo of them was 8 weeks ago.
Her page is public so not sneaking stalking. :) Didn't look at his.

According to Jess's insta just a week or so ago they are still together.

Good luck to him.

• Like 2

Chocolate Addict

Hopefully they aren't just appearing to stay together til the show has finished airing.

I have read in the FB page about this season that some local shop workers have said she is really rude and not nice. I really hope it is just that she doesn't work well under intense pressure.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

Hopefully they aren't just appearing to stay together til the show has finished airing.

That could be true.

• Like 1

Lizzybirdsworth

House 1. I liked the fishy tiles. And the size of the basin. That’s it. Don’t like the couple

house 2 I loved it all. Love this couple 

house 3 I liked it just need to change the paint colour of door and wall panels. Love the boys

house 4 I loved the black tiles. The paint needs to be a different colour and the vanity maybe would have been better with wooden front and a black veined stone top. Toilet and toilet paper needs to not be black. Not a fan of the girl 

house 5 liked the blue tile didn’t like anything else. Too much wasted space and the wall niche was tiny! Not a winning room.  The girl squeals too much and the boy shouldn’t forge signatures. Naughty. 

• Like 3

blueshoe

Random question, but is Courtney wearing coloured contacts? Her eyes seem unnaturally blue. 

Chocolate Addict

Did anyone else want to smack Kristian around the head (not literally)? OMG so frustrating, cutting corners never saves time in building.

Not to mention him forging signatures and did them both the same - amateur 😛 Then wondered why Mimi was mad at him lol

Did anyone else notice the dirty looks Jesse was giving Paige when she was saying how much fun she had with Haydn? daggers

What such bad thing has happened that she wants to leave? she didn't get the applaud she wanted?

Edited by Chocolate Addict
  • Like 2
  • 100 1

If Kristian turned up at my house or work to be the electrician, I wouldn’t trust his work.  He has shown that he takes the easiest option, rather than following regulations.  Not good for a sparky.

Paige lives on a different planet to everyone else, definite main character syndrome.

• Like 3

Hills Mum Bec
1 hour ago, Chocolate Addict said:

What such bad thing has happened that she wants to leave? she didn't get the applaud she wanted?

I actually felt like I was watching somebody in deep mental distress last night and it was a bit uncomfortable.  I really think she needs to leave the show and get the help she needs.  I don't think The Block is the the place for her.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hills Mum Bec said:

I actually felt like I was watching somebody in deep mental distress last night and it was a bit uncomfortable.  I really think she needs to leave the show and get the help she needs.  I don't think The Block is the the place for her.

I am not usually quick to judge but I think she is having tantrums like a child because she has to work to someone else's rules. She even admitted that in an interview.

Her Insta photos would lead me to believe she is doing okay.

I might be proven wrong though.🤷‍♀️

• Like 1

Chocolate Addict

If she is in mental distress she should be talking to someone, the producer, cameraman, anyone really.

Also, I have said before, they need to do much greater mental health checks on all contestants, so many react badly. I know it is a highly stressed situation but some people just shouldn't be on there.

LemonMyrtle
42 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

If she is in mental distress she should be talking to someone, the producer, cameraman, anyone really.

Also, I have said before, they need to do much greater mental health checks on all contestants, so many react badly. I know it is a highly stressed situation but some people just shouldn't be on there.

ha, thats what the producers want! the drama.  they purposely make timelines short and make them sleep deprived, so that they blow up and make dramatic TV. Their metal health checks probly show "this lady will be dramatic and may lose her mind after a week without sleep" and she woud go to the top of the pile.

It was funny how in one rant, the blonde woman, (forget her name right now, Paige is it?) basically was saying what the producers do, stuff like, no sleep, sleeping in tents, being unable to leave to actually get anything done because theyre trapped by the show's demands. basically pointing out they are being set up to fail.   I think she is the smartest contestant yet, or the dumbest, cause everyone know thats what youre in for, dont they? you cant be that ignorant of game show TV.

• 100 6

Chocolate Addict

oh yeah, I get that they want drama, but at what cost? Someone having a mental breakdown on TV?

I am not a tent person but it is enclosed shelter, they could have gotten air mattresses, or hell I remember one year when they were in tents one team put a proper mattress in the tent.

She threw a tanty cos her husband wouldn't go shopping with her because he wanted to get actual work done and she probably wouldn't have listened to his opinions anyway. lol

Who is being set up to fail? One team only had one member and he still managed to get everything done in the time required. Paige and Jesse just stuffed around too much. They are being set up to be sleep deprived, maybe but years ago one lady did actually have to be driven places due to sleep deprivation, it wasn't in the first 2 weeks.

Remember back to the very beginning - the teams had to work their day jobs and do all their own painting and as much other stuff as they could. I wish they would bring that back to some extent. 😛

• Like 3

Advertisement