IGNORED

The Block 2024

Dusty

6 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

The boys balcony railing was a bad move, I can see billiard balls going down between the rails and conking someone on the head or smashing on the the floor (or kitchen bench?)

I too, loved Kylie being so shitty and throwing yet another tantrum. Mimi should be thankfully she got 4 considering they only did half the job.

That was the first thing my DH said

• Like 1

Kylie is such an unpleasant person. What exactly have the sisters done that warrants her hatred and treatment of them.

• Like 4

Chocolate Addict
4 minutes ago, Rockwiz said:

Kylie is such an unpleasant person. What exactly have the sisters done that warrants her hatred and treatment of them.

She is still blaming them for the other team leaving. Obviously, it had nothing to do with them, but she is still taking it out on them.

I don't recall Kylie ever wanting to put an external door upstairs. Does anyone else?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

She is still blaming them for the other team leaving. Obviously, it had nothing to do with them, but she is still taking it out on them.

I don't recall Kylie ever wanting to put an external door upstairs. Does anyone else?

Oh I know. My point being how exactly is that any sort of justification?

Edited by Rockwiz
  • Like 1

Over and out
1 hour ago, STBG 2 said:

All the house's mezzanines are dangerous. Leaning against it while playing pool in house 3 or kids mucking around on the games machines right next to what looks like a garden fence is asking for trouble. To me the mezzanines are superfluous.

I agree on the mezzanines being superfluous from a sound perspective.

On the danger, I dont disagree, but the thing is, it would be no different if it was a balcony and kids can move furniture easily

14 minutes ago, Rockwiz said:

Maybe it’s not about Paige and Jesse…..maybe it’s because they are young and pretty and she knows Brad can’t be trusted?

Chocolate Addict
1 hour ago, Mrs Claus said:

.maybe it’s because they are young and pretty and she knows Brad can’t be trusted?

Has he cheated before? Or do you mean she is insecure and thinks he might be interested in pretty young ladies?

I don't think we've been shown they requested the access the girls have to their mezzanine. I do wonder why they were refused that and if it's true, I wonder why? I can also understand that being a sore point if the feedback the girls are getting is that it's a stand out and could help make them more money at sale. I'd be jaded too but at the people making the decision, not at the girls. 

I feel like the producers etc have been good at clearing things up this season, so hopefully that's cleared up for us soon.

Over and out
10 hours ago, Chocolate Addict said:

I agree she is a nasty piece of work, but to be fair she may have asked about a door, and they have just have not shown  that in the edits

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Soho said:

The boys runpus had no colour, the furniture was bad, and the tv too high and too large given how close the lounge was.   I'm all for a vanilla room but this wasn't even that.

My DH every flipping reveal… “the tv is too high” every single reveal 

I think last night was the first time when we saw Darren or Daz (as Marty likes to call him) excited when Marty invited him to play Street fighter with him. 🤣

So the boys won 80k this week, is my maths correct? Nice!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, maurie said:

The girls rumpus room isn't part of the separate unit.   They said they will be able to lock the bedroom/ensuite/sitting room off from the rumpus and the rest of the house, making it private.  

Thanks I must have missed that bit, they still need a kitchenette though or maybe they don’t… I dunno 

Over and out
7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I think last night was the first time when we saw Darren or Daz (as Marty likes to call him) excited when Marty invited him to play Street fighter with him. 🤣

isn't only 65 - 50 the domain thing, 5 for the shared win and 10k for the 10?

• Thanks 1

@Over and out thanks,  I clearly wasn’t paying attention, I thought the boys had 2 10’s and both winning teams received 10k each, but doing the math the winning scores were 28, I recall the boys first score was a 9 so 2 9’s and a 10 makes much more sense 😊

Hills Mum Bec

I think the scores that Kylie & Brad got were fair because their rooms were pretty awful.  I think the scores that Mimi & Kristian got were high given that they only did half the work and the room they did reveal was criticised quite heavily by the judges.

• Like 4

Over and out
8 minutes ago, Hills Mum Bec said:

I think the scores that Kylie & Brad got were fair because their rooms were pretty awful.  I think the scores that Mimi & Kristian got were high given that they only did half the work and the room they did reveal was criticised quite heavily by the judges.

i agree, as much as Kylie and Brad scores were right, how in the hell was on bad room scored so well

Kiwi Bicycle

Why would you have an office on the loft area? By switching the rumpus area with the office, you could of solved a lot of the sound issues ( especially Kylie and Brad and Courtney and Grant). 

Edited by Kiwi Bicycle
  • Like 1

LemonMyrtle

I’ve only read the recaps, but I’m surprised no team completely walled off the mezzanine. Were they not allowed to maybe? Maybe due to lack of windows up there? Or too expensive? It’s weird. The first thing I thought was that it needed solid walls, especially for a noisy rumpus, or a study.  That games area will be soooo noisy, no one will be able to do anything downstairs if someone’s upstairs playing a game. And vice versa. A curtain won’t block the sound like a wall and door can.

• 100 1

Lizzybirdsworth

Yeah I thought the same @LemonMyrtle. Would have been the first thing I did! There are windows and you could have put a glass panel in to get light from the kitchen/dining/living area. I just don’t feel comfortable with the safety of it. 

1 hour ago, Hills Mum Bec said:

Yeah I was anticipating they'd get 3.5s because only one room they probably would've gotten 7s for.

For the girls upstairs, lots of places just have a bar fridge, kettle and microwave rather than kitchenette.

I like the thought behind Mimi and Kristian using that room as a rumpus for the pool access, with different styling that could've been great for families where they want to be able to lounge whilst staying close to the pool but the kids are old enough to not need direct supervision in the pool. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Mooguru said:

For the girls upstairs, lots of places just have a bar fridge, kettle and microwave rather than kitchenette.

Between you and me I’ve really overthought this.  I thought maybe proper cabinetry under the tv (like in the open mezzanine area) which could house kettle/fridge/cups/glasses like in a hotel room could work?

MerryMadigralMadge
3 hours ago, Dusty said:

Me every time - the tv is too big for the distance from the tv. Isn’t there some scale rule about distance and frame size? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MerryMadigralMadge said:

Me every time - the tv is too big for the distance from the tv. Isn’t there some scale rule about distance and frame size? 

Hahaha yeah he bangs an about the size of the tv’s too, they’re too big for the distance.  This is a man who loves his 75 inch tv’s in the front room and the family room!

Our lounge has the back facing the door as you walk in the loungeroom, becasue it's the perfect distance from the 71inch(or whatever it is) TV DH insisted on. He measured with a ruler and everything.

And all the TV's this year are too high. You watch them sitting down not standing up when you're 6ft tall. 

• Like 1

Chocolate Addict

yeah I don't want to have to look up to see the tv. Ours is not wall mounted, we are old school on a cabinet. :)

Could they have put in glass/perspex wall/window on the mezzanine if not totally walled in?

I think if Kylie had asked about a door it would have made it to air cos she would have thrown a tanty 😛

15 hours ago, Dusty said:

And I don’t understand how the judges think they can sell this space as a separate space and use like AirBnB, there’s no Kitchenette and having just the a balustrade means the space isn’t totally private to the ground floor.  It’s a terrific space for adult children but that’s about it.  Loved the couch 🥰

The rumpus is part of the main house. 

The door to seperate the second area is to the left of the stairs. 

The haven't done the bedroom here.

Screenshot_20241014-1234412.thumb.png.71dbd3e4ceb4835240c9ce1ac81510ee.png

• Like 1

Advertisement