IGNORED

The Block 2024

Dusty

10 hours ago, Chocolate Addict said:

Ok, why do they need to drive '2 hours' to Melbourne? It is 2 hours 20 to Phillip Island from my house and I am on the otherside of the bay. lol

Also, why are they going to Reece in Heidleberg? There is one in Brighton and many other closer places. Surely they could have gotten a closer one on board?

There are Reece stores in Cranbourne, Narre Warren and Carrum Downs which are only about an hour away but there is actually a Reece in Cowes and Wonthaggi which are very close. The Cowes and Wonthaggi stores may not have the same amount of stock but to go to Heidelberg was ridiculous, I think she just wanted to have time away from The Block or they refused to participate but still there are Reece stores they've used previous years which are closer.

Edited by STBG 2
  • Like 3

LemonMyrtle

I hope they are monitoring their fatigue before they let them drive to Melbourne and back. That can be so dangerous on no sleep. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, LemonMyrtle said:

I hope they are monitoring their fatigue before they let them drive to Melbourne and back. That can be so dangerous on no sleep. 

Not to mention the constant distracting phone calls. :(

• Like 2

Hills Mum Bec
10 hours ago, STBG 2 said:

Have you just revealed a spoiler @Mrs Claus

They did mention on the show last night during one of the previews that one team will call it quits.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

33 minutes ago, Hills Mum Bec said:

They did mention on the show last night during one of the previews that one team will call it quits.

I missed it.

We used to stay at Island Cove Villas reasonably regularly. It was lovely but the units did not have dishwashers, and the thought of curtains that might actually block out light did not seem to have been a priority.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mose said:

We used to stay at Island Cove Villas reasonably regularly. It was lovely but the units did not have dishwashers, and the thought of curtains that might actually block out light did not seem to have been a priority.

I remember them from my past too. We never stayed in them but I used to think they were quite luxurious :)

Lizzybirdsworth

I already really dislike the girls except Courtney. I’m loving the boy team so far. 
im glad the couple who leaves, leaves. 

5 minutes ago, Lizzybirdsworth said:

I already really dislike the girls except Courtney. I’m loving the boy team so far. 
im glad the couple who leaves, leaves. 

I liked Courtney too, and yeah the Lads look like a bit of fun.

Chocolate Addict

How do you all remember their names already? lol

I like most of them, the one that was horrified at the thought of camping made me laugh, has she watched the show before? Did she think they would have beds?

The green haired lady is going to be hard work I think, demanding things her way even if it isn't possible. Throwing a tanty and ditching a bath in the main (?) bathroom because she didn't like the suggested layout? Why not get a smaller vanity? Who really needs a 1.8m vanity? I mean I have one but could easily work with 1.5 lol

• Like 2
  • 100 1

Hills Mum Bec
38 minutes ago, Chocolate Addict said:

How do you all remember their names already? lol

I like most of them, the one that was horrified at the thought of camping made me laugh, has she watched the show before? Did she think they would have beds?

The green haired lady is going to be hard work I think, demanding things her way even if it isn't possible. Throwing a tanty and ditching a bath in the main (?) bathroom because she didn't like the suggested layout? Why not get a smaller vanity? Who really needs a 1.8m vanity? I mean I have one but could easily work with 1.5 lol

Agree with all this.  I also have a very large vanity in our ensuite (which I absolutely love) with no bath but for a main bathroom you will be cutting out a whole heap of potential buyers without a bath.  Much better to have a smaller vanity and a bath for a main bathroom.

• Like 2

Chocolate Addict

We don't use our bath cos my kid is all grown up but I wouldn't remove it because it would definitely affect resale value, I live in outer suburbia.

Whether you use it or not, I think it is needed if your target audience is young families. Or anyone that likes baths lol I am not one of them.

• Like 2

Lizzybirdsworth

I would quite happily not a have a bath in my bathroom. Dust collectors and back breakers they are. I used to bath my babies in the laundry trough then it was a shower when they got older. 

• Like 2

I love a bath, I just can't get in and out of ours anymore due to my shitty knees(plus is really shallow so the top half of me gets cold). DD uses it occasionally though. 

We've only got one bathroom, and my vanity isn't near 1.8 m, I'd be lucky if it was 1.3, if that!

Kiwi Bicycle

Our new place has the most lovely bath. It's very deep free-standing and you can use the sides to push yourself up standing very easily. The curves make it lovely to sit in. The last bath I installed was one with sharp corners and wasn't that comfortable to use.

• Like 1

Chocolate Addict

OMG who is Paige getting treated rudely by? Everyone just said it wasn't a good idea, the kingsman people said the rooms will barely fit a Queen bed but she still throwing a tantrum.

I kind of hope they are the ones that leave. lol

• Like 4
  • 100 1

Just now, Chocolate Addict said:

OMG who is Paige getting treated rudely by? Everyone just said it wasn't a good idea, the kingsman people said the rooms will barely fit a Queen bed but she still throwing a tantrum.

I kind of hope they are the ones that leave. lol

She is awful. I do not hold out much hope for the Jesse/Paige relationship in or out of the show. 

• Like 5

It would appear that no-one has ever before suggested to Paige that her ideas aren't quite as brilliant as she thinks they are.  

I don't think anyone has been rude to Paige, including the staff member at Beaumont's  she told Jesse had been rude to her.  

@Chocolate Addict, I'm with you, I hope they're the ones to go.

• Like 5

Kiwi Bicycle

I just read about it. However I don't agree with the artitect about parents wanting bedrooms near kids. Most of the houses being sold near me are touted " private adult retreat" or " multi generational living" which is what people want. A separation of parents areas to other bedrooms. Like how downstairs masters are a thing. So sorry, so-called-expert, I actually think you are wrong in your thinking. Little kids are only little for so long, and then parents want their privacy back!

• Like 2

Lizzybirdsworth

Paige has really bad victim mentality. If anyone has a differing opinion she is being bullied. 
I have a cousin like that. He has Asperger’s. It makes it really hard to have a conversation with the person. 

• Like 2

I think it depends on the ages of the children in the household.

Upper primary and teens, master bedroom with some distance is great.

Toddlers and early primary kids,  the master not only on the other end of the house but on a different floor would be far too far for my comfort.  

• Like 7
  • 100 1

Chocolate Addict

The problem is, it isn't just down the hall, like most houses. Our master is at the front of the house then the other bedrooms at the back.
This one though is down a hall up stairs down a hall type thing. I would be worried if the child hurt themselves I wouldn't get there fast enough or something.

In theory it could be great but the sizes of the two bedrooms she wants to turn the allotted master just won't work. They would be small office spaces at best.

• Like 2
  • 100 2

LemonMyrtle

Has anyone seen collated images of all the house plans anywhere yet? Looked at the block website and it’s a mess of stuff. 

Advertisement