IGNORED

The Block 2024

Dusty

I really missed The Block last night, I just wanted to chill and be introduced to the new contestants.  And I love the promo with flashes of what’s to come during the series.

26 minutes ago, purpentine said:

The island eh

Shame it's not a tropical island.

Not being a Victorian - what is Phillip Island like as a place to live or invest in real estate? I've been there to see the penguins but it was a long time ago.

I've heard the property taxes in Victoria are quite expensive now.

• Like 1

Phillip Island has some beautiful properties, beautiful views and are worth lots. In Cowes you will find anything from $600's to multi millions.

I like it down there to visit, it is a little too windy for me to live there full time.

LemonMyrtle
1 hour ago, qak said:

Shame it's not a tropical island.

Not being a Victorian - what is Phillip Island like as a place to live or invest in real estate? I've been there to see the penguins but it was a long time ago.

I've heard the property taxes in Victoria are quite expensive now.

The new land taxes are making holiday home ownership very expensive. Especially for higher end land values. Plus interest rates are high. So it will be a tricky season for making profits. Homes in holiday towns seem to be sitting on the market longer than usual, from what I’ve noticed. Family friends of ours are struggling to offload a property they inherited in cape Patterson. And a place we used to rent regularly in inverloch has been on the market for over a year now.

Phillip island has issues with traffic in peak season too, which can turn people off it as a holiday location. There is one bridge in and out.

• 100 1

Chocolate Addict

Traffic getting on to/off the Island can be a hassle in peak periods. It is lovely but I don't think I would want to live there, too small for me. It isn't far off the mainland so you can still access bigger shopping centres etc..

I have been following the FB page done by locals (they took over from the last seasons page) and they have shared lots of photos.

https://www.facebook.com/theblockphillipisland2024

Mrs Claus
6 hours ago, STBG 2 said:

Phillip Island has some beautiful properties, beautiful views and are worth lots. In Cowes you will find anything from $600's to multi millions.

I like it down there to visit, it is a little too windy for me to live there full time.

Unfortunately the position of the block properties doesn’t have beautiful views. 

As a local I can say most of us have enjoyed having them here

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

I already dislike some contestants. I can see it is going to be an interesting season.

• Like 3

Not Escapin Xmas

That green haired woman looks like trouble. So does the blonde one who is trying to redesign the whole house. Fun times ahead!! 🤣

• Like 1

Chocolate Addict

We are watching on delay (watched Hunted first)

I am already sick of all the squealing and yelling. Why do people have to squeal all the time? lol

The pictures of the houses look terrible, like they are two sheds joined with a downward roof.

• Like 2
  • 100 1

LemonMyrtle

I knew they would pair off the holiday units and combine them into a single home.

what’s with the budget though?? $250k is laughably low for a major Reno, especially with the state those houses are in.
i assume their sponsored trade budgets are huge? I haven’t watched it in ages. what does their cash budget have to actually cover? 

it’s basically brand new homes though. It’s not a Reno. 

• Like 2

Chocolate Addict

Ok, why do they need to drive '2 hours' to Melbourne? It is 2 hours 20 to Phillip Island from my house and I am on the otherside of the bay. lol

Also, why are they going to Reece in Heidleberg? There is one in Brighton and many other closer places. Surely they could have gotten a closer one on board?

• Like 4
  • 100 1

Mrs Claus
1 minute ago, Chocolate Addict said:

Ok, why do they need to drive '2 hours' to Melbourne? It is 2 hours 20 to Phillip Island from my house and I am on the otherside of the bay. lol

Also, why are they going to Reece in Heidleberg? There is one in Brighton and many other closer places. Surely they could have gotten a closer one on board?

There is one on Phillip Island 

• 100 1
  • Haha 5

Chocolate Addict
7 minutes ago, Mrs Claus said:

There is one on Phillip Island 

hahaha It didn't show up on my search, probably cos I live across the bay. :P

Did she research the availability of black bathroom stuff before the show? Yes, you can get black toilets but obviously not at Reece. 😛

I love black but the only room in my  house with black is  my bedrooms, black block out curtains (because my day starts at 10am not 6am) and my doona/bedding. 😛 I also only wear black.
I would have to hate a black bathroom, hell, I don't even have a black car. lol

Edited by Chocolate Addict

Mrs Claus

We met Courtney and grant and they both seemed lovely, as were the sisters who come in as replacements

IMG_2570.jpeg

• Like 5

Chocolate Addict
1 hour ago, STBG 2 said:

Have you just revealed a spoiler @Mrs Claus

Don't think so, it has been reported on the gossip pages for months. :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Chocolate Addict said:

Don't think so, it has been reported on the gossip pages for months. :)

I hadn't read any gossip apparently. I am not going to go looking but I won't be sad if it is one of 2 couples.

• Like 1

Advertisement