IGNORED

Short break w DS13 and same age friend - sleeping arrangements

Petal71

Petal71

I was going to ask DS 13 to ask a similar age friend for a 2 night city break in the school hols. Haven't done this before (taken a friend). Usually just DS and I but he's getting to the age where things are so much more fun with a friend.

Was looking at accom and hardly anywhere has twin beds plus a bed for me (it's just me, apart from the boys). IDK if the boys would want to sleep in a double, they seem past that age. So I was wondering, is it acceptable to take a blow up mattress and have them take turns in the bed. Has anyone done this w this age kids - any tips? I am also unsure about 2 rooms vs 1 (obviously also a conversation I'd have with the friend's parents).

TIA!

Kiwi Bicycle

Personally  I would want two rooms! Otherwise you are changing in the bathroom every time. Plus what if someone snores? I remember a school camp in which we slept in tents, I had a friend's dad next to us and wowser! Kept awake big time. It might not be you that snores!

Some hotels have king beds which actually are two singles joined together that can be pulled apart. 

• Like 3

Moomintroll

I'd fork out for a 2 bedroom apartment in that situation,  or some apartment places do a 1 bedroom apartment with a bed in the living area.  

• Like 3
  • 100 3

Petal71

Thank you, I have just seen a whole house so will try to get that. Good point about changing, hadn't thought that through!

• Like 1

Laridae

I would get 2 rooms. I'd want some privacy away from the kids or its not much of a break!

Not sure where you are heading, but if its Melbourne I can recommend the Atlantis.

Their family rooms have 2 separate bedrooms - queen in one and 2 singles in the other. Plus there is a pool.

• Like 3

WaitForMe

I would definitely want my own space, I'm sure they will too.

I dont think taking turns on a blow up mattress is a problem at all, especially for just 2 nights thats only one night each.

Its such a cliche to say, but I'm gonna - back in my day, we'd do sleepovers on the floor in a sleeping bag.

• Like 1

Prancer

I must admit if my kid was going away I would be fine sharing a room with a friend but would feel a bit funny about them sharing a room with a parent.  As I teen I think I would also have found it awkward.  Staying up at night chatting is half the fun of a sleep over.

• Like 8

Advertisement