IGNORED

Ticketmaster hack - including credit cards

RynandStompy

Kimasa

I for one am going to embrace my future as a public entity. There shall be a million of me. I am forever. I am eternal. My identity is for all.

• Like 2
  • 100 1
  • Haha 11

LunaFreya

Fuck, this is why I hate monopolies. It can be hard to see ANYTHING live without ticket master 

• Like 4
  • 100 2

Optus, Medibank, Ticketmaster.  We are all me now, sharing as it will never end.

• Like 3

Emissary

For those who have been hacked, there’s a new app called Truyu which allows you to track whether your identity has been used for a credit application. It’s free for the first 3 months and then $5 a month. 

App is built by cba venture. The government is looking to build a similar thing but that’s still a year away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

LifesGood
10 hours ago, LunaFreya said:

Fuck, this is why I hate monopolies. It can be hard to see ANYTHING live without ticket master 

I feel like I mostly use Ticketek rather than Ticketmaster - or are they the same thing?

• Like 1

Bornagirl
10 hours ago, Meepy said:

Optus, Medibank, Ticketmaster.  We are all me now, sharing as it will never end.

You escaped 28 degrees?  Fortunately that's been my only one of the recent ones.

I would have used Ticketmaster at some point but any credit card on there would have long expired, fortunately.

• Like 1

LunaFreya
1 hour ago, LifesGood said:

I feel like I mostly use Ticketek rather than Ticketmaster - or are they the same thing?

Ticketek is Australian, Ticketmaster is American 

• Like 1

RynandStompy
Posted (edited)

DH has both a ticketmaster and tickettek account. He doesn't store cc details in accounts as a rule, but when he checked his old ticketmaster account last night his cc details were stored there. Luckily with expired expiry date and previous living  address. But still annoying enough that he's cancelled that card and requested a replacement.

Frustratingly - there seems no way to delete the account . There doesn't appear to be any care taken by Ticketmaster to have deleted old cc details if stored in accounts that haven't been used for some time

Edited by RynandStompy
  • Angry 4

Julie3Girls

Thankfully, no credit card saved on my Ticketmaster account, and I hadn’t gotten around to changing my email address, so its still using one that will be disappearing soon.

LunaFreya

I think ticket master has my PayPal details…

• Sad 2

Bornagirl

I've requested a password reset - no idea what it is given it was so long ago.

Now I have to fill in all sorts of details before I can even get into the account.

Gave them my unplugged landline number, and now says they'll call me with the code. 🤣

Had to give them my mobile to get in to check ... hooray no credit cards on file.

What is the advice to those who had cc details saved? I can't find anything yet.

Ozgirl
11 minutes ago, Dor_k said:

What is the advice to those who had cc details saved? I can't find anything yet.

No advice yet because Ticketmaster haven't spoken. 

• Angry 1

I have removed my credit card info but it's probably too late. Wonder if I should cancel my card?

Bethlehem

I thought the heading was talking tips and tricks to hack the process of the barstards. 

I went to check and my Ticketmaster app is so old it’s no longer active. 

LifesGood

I initially had problems even logging in, managed eventually. The CC details they have are out of date - cards that had previously been compromised and therefore cancelled.

There is no way to close your account and delete information - you have to contact them to request it. What a fucking joke.

25 minutes ago, Dor_k said:

I have removed my credit card info but it's probably too late. Wonder if I should cancel my card?

I would order a new card and then cancel your existing one.

• Like 2

Bornagirl
1 hour ago, Dor_k said:

I believe you can notify your bank so that there's a higher level of security on the account.

Alternatively, do what a neighbour did, and block the card except when you're using it.

I don't know if that affects direct debits, she didn't mention it, but I think it's just one off transactions you block that way.

Obviously if you want to cancel do, so, but I have so many dd on my card I hate changing all of them.

• Like 1

Spidey_Senses
10 hours ago, Dor_k said:

I work in cyber security, a colleague who looked into it said they would recommend getting a new CC.

• Like 1
  • 100 1

RynandStompy
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, LunaFreya said:

Ticketek is Australian, Ticketmaster is American 

They're different. Or at least they are for events I've booked the past 4 years. 

Checking past TicketMaster.com.au bookings - I've purchased tickets for concerts at Sidney Myer Music Bowl, at Docklands, and multiple exhibits at the Lume.

My use of Ticketek has been more of concert and show bookings.

Edited by RynandStompy

RynandStompy
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Spidey_Senses said:

I work in cyber security, a colleague who looked into it said they would recommend getting a new CC.

Yes that's why I nagged DH to replace his last night and not stuff about.

He was reluctant initially due to us having direct debits on it and travelling soon. But I wanted us front of the queue for replacements, and since he uses digital wallet he's already got the new card today and started it working, even though physical one will be posted. 

I'm starting to think we'll have to report cards as stolen every year and just get new numbers. 

My account was under 5 years old, doesn't have address stored that I can see and didn't have billing details or cc stored at all.

I think it's the older TicketMaster accounts that captured too much unnecessary data and didn't have good policies around deleting old detail. I hope they get big-time group action sued for this.

Companies need to have $$ penalties enforced for sloppy storage. Especially when we as customers have no choice but to use them to attend events.

Edited by RynandStompy
  • Like 1
  • 100 1

LunaFreya

Ticketek customers seem to be affected now too 

• Surprised 3
  • Angry 2

Advertisement