IGNORED

The royal family (general thread) #3

Seayork2002

1 hour ago, STBG 2 said:

Looking at Kate's recent video he looks perfectly healthy.

Yes, he does.  But in terms of timelines and reliability, we don't know how 'recently' that was made, nor how authentic the images are.

Given that he's not sporting a beard in the video, it could have well been a few months back, certainly for some of the scenes - in the beach shots, the kids are wearing the same clothes as they were for the UK Father's Day 'sand dunes' photo from June.

And because the Waleses are now taking the route of putting their communications directly onto socials rather than publishing using traditional media, there's no saying how much touching up and AI generation has been used in what they are presenting to the public. 

Kiwi Bicycle

I have read that it was filmed last month while they were on holiday. Because of the photoshop-gate scandal, they have to now say all this info.

The video message shows Catherine and William looking relaxed and happy with their children in the Norfolk countryside in eastern England where they have a home. The video was filmed last month, their Kensington Palace office said.

• Like 2

Last month was just a couple of weeks ago. It can explain why there was no beard but I doubt he has lost as much weight as that photo would indicate in such a short time.

That skinny photo of him in uniform is just a shitty angle or even not even real.

I believe very little published about the entire BRF now.

Edited by STBG 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, STBG 2 said:

Last month was just a couple of weeks ago. It can explain why there was no beard but I doubt he has lost as much weight as that photo would indicate in such a short time.

That skinny photo of him in uniform is just a shitty angle or even not even real.

I believe very little published about the entire BRF now.

The skinny photo of him is from an official event three days ago.  He looks skinny from this angle as well - official Getty photo, so quite real:

Screenshot2024-09-15at10_59_54AM.thumb.png.ee20f31416632b287c90cae51a01ee1f.png

• Like 1

I think people are clutching. He has been on the skinnier side for a while if you go and look at any photos from official engagements the last few months. Understandably his wife has cancer, it’s probably been a bit of a rough time for them as a family. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jolly_F said:

I think people are clutching. He has been on the skinnier side for a while if you go and look at any photos from official engagements the last few months. Understandably his wife has cancer, it’s probably been a bit of a rough time for them as a family. 

Yeah and I imagine his experience of losing his mother as a child would've added very complex emotions to the fear that cancer and chemo brings to everyone. 

Clothes that were tailored to him when he was a size larger a few years ago might also accentuate that he's lost weight/muscle across his shoulders especially when compared to casual clothes where you can more clearly see his body. 

• Like 3

purplekitty

It's obviously been a difficult time and he has been not working much at all.He may have had more time to exercise etc, both he and Kate look fit if thin.

His genes are on the lean, tall side and he is getting older and starting to resemble the older men in his family.

• Like 1

Not commenting on his weight...but what's going on with his hair at the back?? It looks patchy?

Also that side profile doesn't even look like him...are we sure it is? 👀

overlytired
8 minutes ago, NannyPlum said:

Not commenting on his weight...but what's going on with his hair at the back?? It looks patchy?

He could have some grey or white patches that look weird from afar. Someone I am close to had a streak of white and it looked like a bald spot from a distance.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, NannyPlum said:

If you consider the BBC an acceptable source, then yes.

• Like 1

I went googling and found some more pics. I think it's just thinking hair capturing weird at the angle. 

I'm also team beard 🫣 

GettyImages-2171529141-315d7e7753f042b2b0ad67005ad4606a.webp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

dianalynch

Harry has just inherited millions from a trust. I wish being cut off financially from my family had the same meaning 😒 

• 100 7

Kiwi Bicycle
9 minutes ago, dianalynch said:

Harry has just inherited millions from a trust. I wish being cut off financially from my family had the same meaning 😒 

Yeah, he never mentioned that. Just " the money my mother left me" to secure his family. But then there was the Queen's Mother trust, which he definitely knew about as he got a lump sum before from it ( 6 million pounds when he was 21).

• Like 1

Yogaalaates

I wonder if they called him or just the SM posts?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2024/sep/15/royal-family-posts-40th-birthday-wishes-to-prince-harry

The Prince and Princess of Wales have delivered a small peace offering in their rift with the Duke of Sussex by wishing Prince Harry happy birthday for the first time in three years.

In a post on X, the royal family shared a photograph of a smiling Harry to mark his 40th birthday, complete with a cake emoji. The message said: “Wishing The Duke of Sussex a very happy 40th birthday today!”

Reposting the online greeting with almost identical wording, William and Kate’s X account said: “Wishing a Happy 40th Birthday to The Duke of Sussex!”

It is the first time the royal family have shared such a public birthday greeting to Harry since 2021, the year the Sussexes accused unnamed royals of animosity and racism in an interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Advertisement