IGNORED

What's for dinner (menu plans welcome) #4

Seayork2002

@Jenflea I don’t really like it either but I use it for a base in things as I find they need that bit of astringency that comes from it and I haven’t found an alternative I like better. And it’s cheaper to buy a whole celery bunch then just sticks or hearts (and if you store it in water in jars it say fresh for much longer). 

• Like 1

Plan for this week is:

Greek Lamb Pie with Salad

Tomato Bacon Pasta Bake

Tacos

Vietnamese Chicken Salad 

Italian Wedding Soup with crusty bread 

We will have takeaway one day as will be juggling school awards night & extra curricular commitments on the same evening (most likely eaten in the car!). 

• Like 1

I haven’t posted this thread for some time, but came on here for inspiration for meals for the next couple of days as I need to make space in the freezer(s). I plan on buying mixed portions of chicken tomorrow, but it comes in a 12 kg batch/box. 
Tonight we are having takeaway Chinese because DP decided to have something ‘special’ as it’s the kids last day of school holidays!🙄 Yep, any excuse!!!

I’m trying to think of options which will free up the most freezer space. 12 kg is a lot, but only equates to six meals for us as with six (5 having adult servings) of us, it’s roughly 2kg per meal when it comes to chicken pieces with bone in. There’s usually some left overs, but I still base it on 2kg per meal.

We had roast pork and gravy in rolls last night as I cooked two smallish pork rolls a few nights ago and we only ate one of them, so probably no roast even though that would give free up move freezer space. 
I’m thinking of some kind of curry, so possibly diced chicken for that. Maybe homemade meat pies as I know that we have a few meals worth of chuck steak and I might take out a whole chicken and maybe just cook it up for sandwiches.

My DP used to hate celery too @Jenflea, but has discovered that like @CrankyM said, it does add a good base flavour to casseroles etc.  With stir fry, etc. I was typically happy to drop it, but there is one dish which I refused to drop it from and he just put up with it over the years as he admitted that he really couldn’t taste it. One day he finally just blurted out that he doesn’t like celery, but it does actually give the dish a good flavour and that he doesn’t actually mind it.

Edited by BECZ
  • Like 2

Fruitmincepies

M: curry (as it’s not happening tonight, we are going out)

T: schnitzel and salad

W: chicken skewers and vegetables

T: out/leftovers

F: burgers

S: out 

• Like 2

blackcat20

Fish and chips tonight, DH picking up on the way home from golf. Dinnerly box arriving tomorrow.

• Like 1

The Mac and cheese was the best Mac and cheese I have ever made. I made twice as much cheese sauce as I normally use and included onions and a whole pack of bacon. 2 types of cheese. Yum.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Monday: Chicken sausages with potato salad and garlic green beans
Tuesday: Baked pork chops with salad
Wednesday: Penne with zucchini, rocket, sundried tomatoes and feta
Thursday: I have a work event dinner, DH and DD can raid the freezer
Friday: Salt and pepper squid, chips and salad
Saturday: Going out for my Nanna's birthday
Sunday: Beef ribs with corn on the cob and salad

A bit heavy on the salad, I saw 20-something degrees all week and ran with it!

blackcat20

Tonight is my faux pastitsio; pasta, topped with white sauce and bolognese. Then chocolate brownies for dessert.

14 hours ago, CCABW said:

The Mac and cheese was the best Mac and cheese I have ever made. I made twice as much cheese sauce as I normally use and included onions and a whole pack of bacon. 2 types of cheese. Yum.

My DD loves homemade MAC & cheese, I’d love your recipe please?

Advertisement