IGNORED

General travel chat #2

Seayork2002

It is my and kids eleventy billionth time of being breached.  Fortunately we all have common names so it probably doesn’t have as significant impact on us, as there are already multiple others with the same name as birth date.  Identity confusion/fraud is easier to contest.

Not Escapin Xmas

We arrived in Joburg. Safari starts tomorrow so we can spend today lounging by the pool. We got upgraded (using points) at the last second to business class, which was great. Fingers crossed that happens on the way home too.

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, Not Escapin Xmas said:

We arrived in Joburg. Safari starts tomorrow so we can spend today lounging by the pool. We got upgraded (using points) at the last second to business class, which was great. Fingers crossed that happens on the way home too.

I saw that Qantas have increased their flights to Johannesburg.  When we went, the chance of anyone with our status (zilch) getting an upgrade was apparently again, zilch.  They were also much more expensive than Singapore Airlines, plus SQ got us from Melbourne -Sin- Cape Town.    If we lived in Sydney and wanted to get to J'burg it would have been a different question.

Fingers crossed for you on the way back. That's a long flight.  Do you have any time in J'burg on your return?

We spent a very rewarding day in Soweto (with a guide), and another day at the Apartheid Museum.

Qantas seems to be struggling to fill the A380s to Johannesburg…a colleague got some first class rewards seats to Johannesburg for early Dec a few weeks ago…

23 minutes ago, SunnyinDubai said:

Qantas seems to be struggling to fill the A380s to Johannesburg…a colleague got some first class rewards seats to Johannesburg for early Dec a few weeks ago…

Whoops, that's right, recently changed to an A380, rather than extra flights, I think.

I've read of others in the FF groups who've easily got rewards tickets, too for the coming months.

p.s. haven't forgotten about your Velocity question - high on the list. :)

• Like 1

Advertisement