IGNORED

What's making you happy today? #2

Jolly_F

4 hours ago, Kimasa said:

Sometimes we find of things in our overnight returns chute. That's definitely the weird chute.

This morning's find was an overnight loan from the University School of Dental Science (now known as the Melbourne Dental School, part of Melbourne University) due back in 1984.

We will be sending it to the library there for the librarians to enjoy.

I hope the then aspiring dentist, assuming now a long practicing dentist, is stellar at dentist/patient relationships.

IMG_20241011_140131899.jpg

IMG_20241011_140148949.jpg

I freaking LOVE this. This is making me happy today. 

• Like 4

Eponnee is going to a party tonight and it’s a dress up party starting with J, she’s decided to go as moi.

So… let the dress ups begin, on offer there was 80’s J a purple & black rouged number,  bridesmaid J from 2016, Review mini shift dress w sky high sequined stilettos, Rock n Roll J w black velvet blazer, olive green cowl top w black pleather pants and ankle stiletto boots w buckle accents.

In the end Eps opted for Designer J, Jacqui Demqui French lace frock w my favorite Joanne Mercer mules. (I wouldn’t wear these shoes with this frock but bless… she’s not able to wear stilettos yet)

As I like big hair, she currently has hot rollers in her hair!

That was way too much fun!

Edited by Dusty
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10

I am at my folks for the weekend. There was a festival of small halls last night and my brother and sil had a spare ticket last minute and dragged me out (willingly)

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Sancti-claws said:

I am at my folks for the weekend. There was a festival of small halls last night and my brother and sil had a spare ticket last minute and dragged me out (willingly)

May I ask, what is a festival of small halls, is it like celebration of corridors?

Genuine question 😊

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Dusty said:

Eponnee is going to a party tonight and it’s a dress up party starting with J, she’s decided to go as moi.

So… let the dress ups begin, on offer there was 80’s J a purple & black rouged number,  bridesmaid J from 2016, Review mini shift dress w sky high sequined stilettos, Rock n Roll J w black velvet blazer, olive green cowl top w black pleather pants and ankle stiletto boots w buckle accents.

In the end Eps opted for Designer J, Jacqui Demqui French lace frock w my favorite Joanne Mercer mules. (I wouldn’t wear these shoes with this frock but bless… she’s not able to wear stilettos yet)

As I like big hair, she currently has hot rollers in her hair!

That was way too much fun!

This is making me happy today, you’re a pair of funny fuckas…hope Mini Dusty had a great time 🥰

• Like 2
  • 100 2

13 minutes ago, dianalynch said:

This is making me happy today, you’re a pair of funny fuckas…hope Mini Dusty had a great time 🥰

Thank you, she had a wonderful time and she was so relieved that I was still up when she got home, she needed assistance getting out of the dress 🥰

She was so cute last night, I put my hot rollers ‘on’ to curl her hair. I was about to head into her bathroom to help set the curlers and she surprised me with doing it herself.  The expression on her face was adorable (and yes she looked cute as fruck in the rollers @Jane Jetson would be so proud)

She also topped the outfit with a Coach handbag.  lol she’s also been trained not to put my Coachies on the floor 🤣

• Love 5

30 minutes ago, dianalynch said:

They just have an extra special relationship huh. It's simply beautiful. 

• Love 3

1 hour ago, Bornagirl said:

My last ever Pap smear came back clear.   At my age, I don't need another one (sans symptoms).

Just on that, for anyone else in the eastern suburbs (I'm sure there are others, but Box Hill is where I went).

I'd been procrastinating a bit about getting it done.   Pathetic really, but I just hate the palaver of it all, the getting undressed etc., on top of that my GP clinic requires a double appointment for it, which is $102 OOP, which I can afford but was just another silly roadbump in the way of me being responsible.

A few months ago, I got a reminder in the mail about it, and information about the Sexual Health Clinics which can do nurse administered Pap smears for less than half the cost.   I'm also happy to support these initiatives.

If people are normally bulk billed, or pay far less OOP than I do, it may not matter of course.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@Bornagirl my last pap was a DYI job, I visited my doc for my infusion referrals and he said “you’re due for your pap, off you pop to the loo, stick it up x length, wiggle it about for a bit then stick it back in the cylinder” I wasn’t charged a double appt either.

Honestly this new pap method was too bloody easy.

• Like 1
  • 100 2

5 minutes ago, Dusty said:

@Bornagirl my last pap was a DYI job, I visited my doc for my infusion referrals and he said “you’re due for your pap, off you pop to the loo, stick it up x length, wiggle it about for a bit then stick it back in the cylinder” I wasn’t charged a double appt either.

I was planning on doing that, but much as I like my GP, she manages to turn every single appointment into a double. I start with one simple issue and she wants to go through my history checking the date of my breast screen, dexa scan etc etc and she tells me how important it is to get them done when they're due.  I know that! They're not due! 

It's my only grumble, but it does actually put me off a bit going for something simple. She knows full well I keep  track of all of those things.

20 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Mine too, and I’ll do the same next time. Much easier.

• 100 1

1 minute ago, Yogaalaates said:

Mine too, and I’ll do the same next time. Much easier.

I’m so lazy, the time before my doc asked if I wanted to do it and I said “narh  mate you can do it”. I wasn’t given a choice this time around 🤣

• Haha 3

Trained into Sydney to catch up with friends for a veeeery long lunch. Only got home at 9 to two excited boys who stayed awake to see me. Doubly good. 
Oh and school is back tomorrow so we’ll call it a trifecta of good. 

My request to increase my work hours (and therefore pay) was approved. That will make those mortgage repayments a bit more affordable. I'm so excited that things are falling into place. *touch wood* it all continues smoothly.

Oh and settlement is 5 days away!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

@CrankyM I’m so bloody excited and proud of you!!!  I remember when I bought the ex out (and kept my beautiful home) the feeling of my own achievement was amazing.  I was so proud of myself 🥰

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Advertisement