IGNORED

What's making you happy today? #2

Jolly_F

I've got the house to myself as Dh and DD are at the inlaws for lunch. It's been bliss. I've snacked, napped, watched TV, set up this year's planner and I'm about to have coffee. 

I debated going with them out of guilt, but I really didn't want to!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

We are also having a quiet, chilled out day here. Doing some cooking, having a swim and watching cricket. 

Edited by Saphy

Nice relaxed.lunch with good friends, and managed to get kids off screens to play some board games and generally be good company. Friends headed off after helping with the dishes and now I'm sitting listening to the rain and considering whether to make another cup of tea, or drink another glass of champagne.

• Like 2

Not So Retro

I went to ALDI and the carpark and store were virtually empty. After several days hermiting at home I had to talk myself into heading out, so it was a nice surprise.

• Like 2

onetrick

Family day out today :) we went to the zoo nice and early when the roads were super quiet, then took a train to see the myer christmas windows. Such a fun day and both kids loved it! Might make the zoo on new years a new family tradition :)

• Like 2

A daytrip with the fam… the kids went in the car with my parents (who are visiting from interstate) and DH and I went on the bike. It was a great day. We haven’t been out on the bike for a while, I forget how much I love it. 

So I have decided this year is one for more adventures!! 

• Like 4

s_mdn v2.0

Some will question my sanity on this one, but DD loudly exclaiming "oh yay! Brilliant! Back to school shopping time - we neeeeeed to go to Officeworks for stationery!!" 

Yup, looking forward to freshening her pencils and cleaning folders etc (which to be fair,  the same pencil set has lasted her a few years now) - she's definitely my child. 

• Like 8

Fruitmincepies
18 minutes ago, s_mdn v2.0 said:

Some will question my sanity on this one, but DD loudly exclaiming "oh yay! Brilliant! Back to school shopping time - we neeeeeed to go to Officeworks for stationery!!" 

Yup, looking forward to freshening her pencils and cleaning folders etc (which to be fair,  the same pencil set has lasted her a few years now) - she's definitely my child. 

DD insisted we do it the weekend after school finished 😂

• Haha 6

I'm taking DD to OW this week to get her school supplies too lol. We both love the place. 

• Like 1

Fully understand the Officeworks thing, me and DD also share the love of new stationery.

• Like 4

Yogaalaates

Oh no, you’re making me want to go to officeworks. I was going to buy a new pen because it got refunded in an order elsewhere. But I’ve spent too much money, and had to pay for a new passport this morning. Must. Be. Strong. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But at OW you can TEST ALL THE PENS and get just the right colours and nib size and...

• Like 5
  • 100 1
  • Haha 1

Yogaalaates
6 minutes ago, Jenflea said:

But at OW you can TEST ALL THE PENS and get just the right colours and nib size and...

You’re not helping! 😂

• Haha 4

RynandStompy

Eating small sugar plum tomatoes. They are so intensely good! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, RynandStompy said:

Eating small sugar plum tomatoes. They are so intensely good! 

My MIL has the most amazing veggie/herb garden, I was going to say patch but her front and backyard are both working gardens.  I have no clue what type of tomato she gave us but damn it was so sweet.

We were also gifted a jar of homemade honey that my bee keeper BIL made, I’m really looking forward to tasting it.

#happyhippylife 🥰

• Like 8
  • Love 1

We cruised into Christchurch nz today. We all went there about 7 years ago and there was basically nothing there apart from a wonderful kids park and a destroyed cathedral.

our New Zealand friends have been busy and what they are doing is rebuilding a vibrant, fun and beautiful new Christchurch. The cathedral is under scaffolding but again it’s rising up from the destruction of the earth quake.

it is like the people of nz have come together to resurrect Christchurch and create the most beautiful city possible.

it made me so happy to see ther progress.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Not So Retro

I washed Gunhilda yesterday and she looks so pretty and shiny, foam cannon for the win 😍

IMG_20240101_195004_738.jpg

• Like 6

Fairy bread hot cross buns. 

We purchased our first pack on Boxing Day. I love hot cross bun season!! 

• Like 2
  • 100 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

dianalynch
22 hours ago, Jenflea said:

I'm taking DD to OW this week to get her school supplies too lol. We both love the place. 

I was all JF’s DH has an Other Woman, and she has stationery? They like to visit? Oh….officeworks…

• Haha 7

Advertisement