IGNORED

What to buy for the difficult to buy for

amdirel

On 23/12/2023 at 9:45 AM, Kiwi Bicycle said:

And that's when you say " no gifts please". When you actually start dreading or feeling resentful about the gift, and you know that financially it's going to make things hard for the person ( this one is optional, my inlaws can afford it, but their gifts were so cringy and wasteful)..

Agree completely. Unfortunately "no gifts please" also went down like a lead balloon and in no way stopped the flow of pyjamas.

They now just go straight to the op shop. I know I don't like them, but they must be coming from somewhere that knows there is a market for them, so presumably someone will be happy to find them, tags intact, at op shop prices.  All I can do at this point I think. 

That and appreciate that the thought is well-meaning, it's not like she is doing it to deliberately annoy me, she's just not that sort of person.  She likes to give the gifts she likes to give, and I am not the only person in the family on the receiving end of a curious repeat gift, and others have been equally unsuccessful in their attempts to stop the trend.

• Like 2

DD was a bit stuck with what to buy me for Christmas and I didn’t want her spending her birthday or Christmas money on me, so she decided to paint my front fence as a gift.  Little trooper was out there this morning and is almost finished. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3