IGNORED

I decided to have some fun with a scammer today, he wasn’t even trying

LunaFreya

“Which government department?” “Australia” 🤣

More seriously though, I have been reading recently that a lot of scamming operatives are trafficked people working in slavelike conditions.  He did sound a bit desperate and it’s hard to know what his motives or morals are as an individual separate from his environment.

I admit I was trying to provoke him. I was trying to make him angry so that he could reveal more. About himself, his job and conditions. Had he told me I’d have backed down and honestly told me no one should be forced into such a desperate job 

However, there are scammers who have absolutely no shame and will blame the victim. “I didn’t steal anything, they gave it to me.” “It’s revenge on rich westerners for colonialism.”

• Like 1

I occasionally enjoy wasting a scammers time too.

I have to point out though, that someone having "subpar English" does not equate to them "not being truthful". That's a pretty shitty thing to believe. 

• Like 2

I know it sounds terribly elitist, but “subpar English” is one of the red flags that you’re dealing with a scammer. Isn’t the only one, as evasive behaviour is another.

There are bots though that can help you sound  eloquent, I’m honoured we don’t see them more 

5 minutes ago, LunaFreya said:

I know it sounds terribly elitist, but “subpar English” is one of the red flags that you’re dealing with a scammer. Isn’t the only one, as evasive behaviour is another.

There are bots though that can help you sound  eloquent, I’m honoured we don’t see them more 

"Elitist" wasn't the word that sprang to mind.

• Like 1

Advertisement