IGNORED

Raising baby Oz

Ozgirl

LightningMcqueen
36 minutes ago, Ozgirl said:

Guess who slept 12hrs!!!

Awesome!! Ds2 still hasn’t pulled anywhere near that , and he’s 5.5 months.. actually I doubt ds1 has even done that (6yo). My boys don’t sleep 😂

• Care 5

2 hours ago, LightningMcqueen said:

Awesome!! Ds2 still hasn’t pulled anywhere near that , and he’s 5.5 months.. actually I doubt ds1 has even done that (6yo). My boys don’t sleep 😂

I don't think any of mine have ever. Mr8 woke me at 430 this morning for a hug. He did go back to sleep for an hour after at least. 

I love that he's here Ozgirl. I'm so happy you've got your amazing little guy.  

• Care 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LightningMcqueen said:

A friend whose kids (twins!!) Are 3 weeks older than Charlie and hers both slept 12hrs and I was excited Charlie slept 6hrs the night before. And he did that for 3 nights. Then it all went to shit. Well overnight was bearable but more like 3hr stretches. But daytime was terrible. 

Then daytime improved. And then last night 12hrs! I am not expecting it tonight! 

• Like 1

ContentedFleur

What a darling! I want to kiss his widdle nose so much! 

TWELVE HOURS SLEEP oh my goodness, what a thought! 

• Love 1

Hahaha

So tonight he happened to go down at 530pm... imagine if he did 12hrs...lasted 40mins.

I've spent the last few hours since then rocking him to sleep. 

• Care 1
  • Love 2

So he did 7hrs til 4am. 

He was ready to party. Lol. But I got him back down and we both slept til 9am.

He has always been a solid sleeper. 2-3hrs are common. That's why I shared that routine in the last thread cause I had realised that he slept a lot more than a 'typical' baby and wasn't getting as many feeds in. 

10 minutes ago, Ozgirl said:

Thank god for on demand TV! And don't know how any of you who had children before it coped! Lol. I now save 90% of my TV watching to when I'm feeding, and then settling to sleep.

Nawww - he's so gorgeous!

I do recall a lot of hair care products being advertised between the hours of 1 and 5.  DVDs were the on demand TV back then to save us.

• Like 3

Now, now, there’s nothing wrong with mindlessly watching reruns of Quantum Leap and Love Boat on commercial TV. :D Never would’ve watched those shows if not for babies. 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't have a smartphone or ANY streaming services 13 years ago when I had DD. 

I watched The Circle and crap in the day and the SBS weather channel at night, and tried to read a magazine over her head as she fed for the 22 hours a day she seemed to feed for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had foxtel iq. I watched an awful lot of americas next top model and gossip girl. It was winter, the fire was warm and DD was a verrrry slow feeder. It was actually quite lovely. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I used to watch Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman, that was on a lot when DS was a baby! Everyone had such great hair in that series.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, MoukMouk said:

We had foxtel iq. I watched an awful lot of americas next top model and gossip girl. It was winter, the fire was warm and DD was a verrrry slow feeder. It was actually quite lovely. 

Same with DD! I would often get through one episode per boob.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CrankyM said:

😍 Aww look at his gorgeous little squishy face. 

He still only on the 1 percentile... :-(

it makes me feel terrible some days. But yes he has chubby cheeks.

• Care 2

2 hours ago, Ozgirl said:

IMG_23593.thumb.jpg.7ad30c0681353228ec3ff845c03d4d9d.jpg

This is channeling TV-chat show host charisma. He’s that debonair @Ozgirl

It’s brilliant to see his curiosity and engagement. They don’t stay mewling newborns for long lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Advertisement