IGNORED

Robodebt royal commission

dianalynch

IamtheMumma
58 minutes ago, RynandStompy said:

This (courtesy of Rick Morton) was a legal costs fee table recently available .

"This is just for inquiry hearings, not the report itself if that is required of them. "

So I don't know if they'd still have taxpayer funded representation, if they appeared in a subsequent civil or criminal prosecution.

20230710_193404.jpg

Yes its the dole bludgers and single mums that are rorting the system. 

• Like 8
  • Angry 2

Inhumane arseholes who deserve to live on the dole for the rest of their lives.   Should pay restitution to their victims from their personal wealth.

• Like 5
  • 100 5

ContentedFleur
13 hours ago, Ozgirl said:

Would the taxpayer pay for the civil charges? That are.laod now?

Don't know. However, if I get a say, I would like my taxes to go to the prosecuting of said charges, and for the defendants to be personally funded. NOT, and I cannot emphasise this enough, the other way around. 

• Like 5
  • 100 4

32 minutes ago, ContentedFleur said:

Don't know. However, if I get a say, I would like my taxes to go to the prosecuting of said charges, and for the defendants to be personally funded. NOT, and I cannot emphasise this enough, the other way around. 

Rest assured, taxpayers will be paying for the prosecution too ☹️

• Crying 1

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/jul/11/debt-collectors-face-calls-to-return-116m-retrieved-under-unlawful-robodebt-scheme

I must admit the debt collector who was calling our daughter was quite civilised, however he did want to 'set up an account' over the phone with her bank account details, which she refused to do.

By the time she engaged with them, we'd been to Centrelink and established that if you told them you were disputing the debt, they had no right to any further information from you, than they already had.

Morrison acts like there is no God actually watching him, with no sense of shame, taking responsibility or self reflection.  He wears his christianity as a political affiliation.

• Like 8
  • 100 2

MerryMadigralMadge

Isn’t it the issue with people who believe that God/Jesus guide every decision, that then can’t admit wrong because that means God/Jesus was wrong? 

The unsurprising truth is that an informed understanding of the PM’s political career is impossible without considering his religion. His ability to maintain an unflinching self-belief and sense of righteousness through the dramatic U-turns that have characterised his rise to power reflects a central paradox of Pentecostal dogma and practice. Pentecostalism is in fact the perfect faith for a conviction politician without convictions.

https://www.themonthly.com.au/issue/2019/february/james-boyce/devil-and-scott-morrison#mtr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

This is why it’s a good idea to ask obvious questions, even if you think you know the answer. Would you rather look stupid or act in a criminal way?

• Like 2
  • 100 1

That's great, but I want the ministers done for it. They were told it was illegal and they absolutely bullied and pushed for it. And they knew what was happening and let it go on. 

• Like 3
  • 100 6

It was a small bright spot in my daughter's day to see that Kathryn Campbell had been suspended without pay.

It's just so sad that some are not around to get any satisfaction that finally, the people responsible are starting to face the music.

• Like 9

Am i too cynical to think that the first person 'punished' is a women that she will be the only one and therefore a convenient scapegoat?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Ozgirl said:

Am i too cynical to think that the first person 'punished' is a women that she will be the only one and therefore a convenient scapegoat?

Good point, but she's currently in a $900k a year job, I don't think she's been a shrinking violet along the way.

Isn't she the top public servant involved?   I thought all of the others were the politicans, which is a different kettle of fish in terms of liability.

• Like 4

purplekitty

Campbell should be punished to the full extent of the law.

Her testimony was infuriating.

The antithesis of what an impartial,professional public servant should be.

• Like 7
  • 100 3

3 hours ago, Bornagirl said:

Good point, but she's currently in a $900k a year job, I don't think she's been a shrinking violet along the way.

Isn't she the top public servant involved?   I thought all of the others were the politicans, which is a different kettle of fish in terms of liability.

I suppose I’m just annoyed that conveniently it’s a female who is booted first. 

• Like 3
  • 100 3

10 minutes ago, Ozgirl said:

I suppose I’m just annoyed that conveniently it’s a female who is booted first. 

Understandable. I feel that by working daily for Monique Ryan to be elected, the first one personally, for me, was Frydenberg.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lesley225 said:

You can't ignore her role, and she is the most to blame in some ways.  

I'm definitely not ignoring it, but they are all equally to blame. The politicians couldn't have kept promoting it if the public service didn't support it, and the public service couldn't carry it out, if the politicians didn't support it.

There are quite a few things that need to happen, and one of them was a change of government - that was one thing I DID have control over, so that the head of the country couldn't continue supporting the scheme.

I just said that Frydenberg was the first to fall on his sword in this electorate, a starting point for unravelling the whole disaster.

• Like 2

Oh I think Scott Morrison is equally to blame and should be charged with something but she enabled them.  There are many to blame over many years but the two I hold most responsible is Morrison and her. 

• Like 3
  • 100 4

Advertisement