IGNORED

Bus crash in Hunter Valley :(

Not Escapin Xmas

Such an absolute tragedy. I've been watching ABC this morning with the press conferences, couldn't believe it when it flashed up. Just to clarify, they haven't said yet what the driver will be charged with, just that they will charge him. He was taken to hospital and had tests done and is now under arrest at the police station. 

Edited by Andi

I saw this headline late last night and didn’t click on it. 

how sad. But I can’t see that he is charged with murder. 

For accidents were there is a death its usually something like reckless driving occasioning death. But have they even established cause? 
it’s rarely murder with car accidents. 

2 minutes ago, Ozgirl said:

How sad. But I can’t see that he is charged with murder. 

reckless driving occasioning death. But have they even established cause? 
it’s rarely murder with car accidents. 

No, I have watched the presser with the assistant police commissioner and she didn't say what the charges would be or what the cause was, they're still investigating. 

Albo is doing a presser now. 

• Like 1

Just devastating. Thoughts to all involved, those on the bus, their loved ones, the wedding couple and all guests, first responders, the local community. So many affected.

So so sad.

No comment on the driver before the details come to light. 

• Like 1
  • 100 2

MerryMadigralMadge

The winery still hosting guests and bridal party issued a statement - closed today to support them. 

image.thumb.png.7e095f5842a80c044255bf2ad2792e6f.png

Julie3Girls

It’s horrifying. They are likely to all be family, to have that many people in your family die or badly injured … the bridal couple were quite likely staying at the winery 😢

Edited by Julie3Girls
  • Sad 1

Julie3Girls
29 minutes ago, blackcat20 said:

Horrendous. And so soon after the other bus crash. I can only assume many were not wearing seatbelts.

I’d be guessing this - people who had been celebrating all afternoon/evening at a wedding, not worrying about needing to drive home as they had a bus to get them home safely ….  

• Like 1

This has brought back memories of the two bus crashes in 1989 (Grafton and Kempsey). My friend died in the Grafton one. So sad for all :(

• Care 13
  • Crying 5

Not Escapin Xmas

The fact that it's so soon after that other crash is just bizarre and awful. I've been on enough buses like that after conference dinners and the like - no seatbelts, most people drunk, half the people standing. Far out.

• Like 2

Julie3Girls
7 minutes ago, Not Escapin Xmas said:

The fact that it's so soon after that other crash is just bizarre and awful. I've been on enough buses like that after conference dinners and the like - no seatbelts, most people drunk, half the people standing. Far out.

Very different circumstances for the two accidents though. Does make you realise how lucky the kids on the school bus were.

• Like 5
  • 100 3

I am so so sad for the people who will feel the ramifications of this forever. 

edited...possible speculation.

Edited by STBG 2
  • Care 2

Just a reminder to avoid speculation in this thread, please. This is not only for legal reasons (in regard to the bus driver), but also because these are real people with real families and friends who could potentially read this.

Thank you.
Zepp & the team

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

This is really sad.  All the bride and groom’s loved ones at the wedding.  The deaths would affect everyone there. I just hope it was a hired bus driver, not a family member helping out.

I heard someone on the radio (from police I think) saying the driver was ring charged, there was ample evidence to do this but they would not say what the charges were.  Usually they would say speed, alcohol or whatever, but maybe the magnitude of the crash means they are going about it differently.  

Julie3Girls

The coach was a full size coach from a local bus company, pretty sure the driver would have been from the bus company. 

• Like 1

Yes I didn't understand how they can charge the driver before the investigation.

So sorry for the victims and their families xxx

nightmarish

It's an absolute tragedy, that poor family going from what should have been one of the happiest days to this.

I have family who are closely involved with the wedding industry in that area and they're pretty much in a state of shock today.

• Like 2
  • Crying 1
  • Sad 2

ContentedFleur

What an awful thing to happen, on such a joyous day! I'm so sorry for the bridal couple and for the families of those on the bus. I'd say it's unimaginable, but I can imagine it all too well. 

I read that there may still be people trapped in or under that bus. Dear God. 

• Crying 5

What a tragedy - my heart aches for all involved.

I just can’t think of any appropriate words - so many lives changed forever with sadly many lost. Heartbreaking.

• Like 2
  • Crying 1

Advertisement